Author Topic: Ohio Officer Shoots, Kills Teenager Allegedly Armed with Knife  (Read 6522 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
AWR Hawkins 20 Apr 2021

A Columbus, Ohio, police officer reportedly shot and killed a 15-year-old girl Tuesday who was allegedly armed with a knife.

ABC 6 notes that police were called “to the 3000 block of Legion Lane just before 3:45 p.m.” on reports of an “attempted stabbing.”

A teenager named Makiyah Bryant was shot and killed by a responding officer.

Yahoo News reports the incident occurred at roughly the same time as the verdict in the Derek Chauvin trial was being handed down.

An alleged eyewitness named Tay Jones said the 15-year-old had a knife “because somebody tried to jump her.”

A woman claiming to be Bryant’s aunt spoke to reporters afterward:

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/04/20/ohio-officer-shoots-kills-teenager-allegedly-armed-knife/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Ohio Officer Shoots, Kills Teenager Allegedly Armed with Knife
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 01:35:06 pm »
Graphic Video: Columbus Police Release Bodycam Video of Shooting

more
https://www.breitbart.com/law-and-order/2021/04/20/graphic-video-columbus-police-release-bodycam-video-of-shooting/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2021, 01:36:34 pm »
In wake of Chauvin verdict, hundreds protest over shooting of teenage girl

“She was just a kid,” demonstrators yelled.

more
https://thehill.com/changing-america/respect/equality/549421-in-wake-of-chauvin-verdict-hundreds-protest-over-shooting
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2021, 01:37:59 pm »
Black girl was trying to stab another black girl to death. Cop intervened and saved the second black girl's life. Which person truly demonstrated a belief that black lives matter? Hint: it wasn't Miss Bryant.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2021, 01:40:16 pm »
Columbus police try to avert a new wave of BLM anger over the fatal police shooting of a 15-year-old girl by releasing bodycam that shows her attempting to stab two women just minutes before Derek Chauvin was convicted, as protesters gather

WARNING: Graphic Images
    Columbus Police said that one person was killed in the officer-involved shooting that took place on the east side of Columbus, Ohio, on Tuesday afternoon
    Witnesses said that the victim was a 15-year-old girl but police did not indicate who had been shot, just that the officer was not the victim
    Authorities had been responding to an initial stabbing call at around 4.30pm
    The shots fired call was made just 15 minutes later
    A woman at the scene - identified on Facebook as Shonnell Kelley - shared a series of videos from the shooting
    Jones shared in the post that the teen had the knife because 'somebody tried to jump her' and added that she was the one who called for help

By Dailymail.com Reporter

Published: 19:46 EDT, 20 April 2021 | Updated: 08:19 EDT, 21 April 2021

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9493535/Cop-filmed-standing-body-15-year-old-girl-just-shot-dead.html
Support the USO

Offline verga

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2021, 01:47:36 pm »
Black lives matter to the African American community when it is convenient. Inner City abortions rates of 35-50% EVERY year. Inner City Black on Black crime is disproportionality high.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2021, 01:49:20 pm »
Some anti-police people are tweeting that since knife fights among black teens are commonplace, the police shouldn't intervene, let alone shoot someone who's about to kill another. Really? Should the cop just watched and waited until one girl was bleeding out and the one with the knife had gone on to stab someone else?
Chad Felix Greene
@chadfelixg
9m
Apparently the left thinks America is West Side Story and dancing knife fights are common.

9:37 AM · Apr 21, 2021

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2021, 01:49:57 pm »
From the police bodycam:

« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 02:00:09 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2021, 01:52:47 pm »
Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

Media vs bodycam

11:29 PM · Apr 20, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1384710906186174466

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2021, 01:53:22 pm »
DU has a thread about this shooting, https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215358693 . The thread starter is a police-hater black, whether ethnically or a Rachel-Delozal-black, I don't know. Even some DU members pointed out the grossly obvious, that the officer saved at least one girl from death or serious injury.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 01:54:35 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2021, 01:56:20 pm »
Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

Wow

Lacey Crisp
@LaceyCrisp   Â· 12h

“Ma’Khia had a motherly nature about her. She promoted peace,” said the 16 year-old girl’s mother, Paula.

Video:  

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1384713770635771905

11:41 PM · Apr 20, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Online rustynail

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2021, 01:56:29 pm »
Diversity commands us that we must Respect the mores of Black Culture.

Online DB

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2021, 02:05:57 pm »
Graphic Video: Columbus Police Release Bodycam Video of Shooting

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">#Columbus

*potentially disturbing*

Body cam. Suspect had a large knife and officers were responding to reports of a knife. pic.twitter.com/ddoXQKXxSf</p>— Shane B. Murphy (@shanermurph) April 21, 2021
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

more
https://www.breitbart.com/law-and-order/2021/04/20/graphic-video-columbus-police-release-bodycam-video-of-shooting/

That happened fast. And it was clearly a justified shooting.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2021, 02:08:00 pm »
Black girl was trying to stab another black girl to death. Cop intervened and saved the second black girl's life.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2021, 02:10:22 pm »
Diversity commands us that we must Respect the mores of Black Culture.

Ryan James Girdusky
@RyanGirdusky

“Diversity is fine, but diversity does not make a nation”

(Scalia) Video:

https://twitter.com/RyanGirdusky/status/1383644485184155652

12:52 AM · Apr 18, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

@rustynail

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2021, 02:17:30 pm »
Rising serpent
@rising_serpent
When a cop saves a girl's life and people see racism instead, we've reached a very dangerous point in societal devolution.
9:59 AM · Apr 21, 2021
Like I said, apparently the police should just let them kill one another. That seems to be what the left/BLM now demand.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2021, 02:23:36 pm »
Body Cam Footage of 15-Year-Old Shooting Shows Police Should Probably Rethink Their Life Choices

excerpt:

Let’s talk about the assertions made in those last two tweets. The officer rolled onto a scene where a large girl, of which he could not know her age (nor was it relevant when she has a deadly weapon), was within seconds of stabbing another girl in the chest. The footage shows that, unequivocally. There was no time to try to tase her. Tasers are inaccurate at any range, they are unreliable, and it’s not uncommon for the barbs to not set, having no effect on the assailant. You also don’t have time in this situation to ask her to drop the knife or defuse the situation somehow. Quite literally, any other decision made by the officer here than to discharge his firearm would have likely resulted in the death of an unarmed, black teenage girl.

And yet, there are protests gearing up, and the officer’s life is about to be destroyed.

more
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/04/21/body-cam-footage-of-15-year-old-shooting-shows-police-should-probably-rethink-their-life-choices-n365918
Support the USO

Online goatprairie

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2021, 02:26:17 pm »
Like I said, apparently the police should just let them kill one another. That seems to be what the left/BLM now demand.
If the cop had allowed the girl to stab the other girl (possibly to death), then the same people would be howling that the cop was guilty of letting a black person die.
In other words, the cops can't win.
I doubt average Americans are aware of the violence that goes on daily in black communities across the country. The actual level is staggering.
They should do what I do every day and visit the CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX websites of many American cities.
The violence in the black sections of those cities is astronomical. It's a wonder why anybody would want to be a police officer in those cities.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2021, 02:29:22 pm »
It wouldn't be surprising if big city cops started looking into applying for police jobs in rural areas (or semi-rural areas like mine) or new careers altogether. Hard to believe there still are police on the forces in Portland and Minneapolis, at this point.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2021, 02:30:43 pm »
Attorney For Floyd, Wright Families Is Already Peddling a Lie About Police Shooting of Columbus Teenager

excerpt:

Shortly after civil rights attorney Ben Crump celebrated the verdict in former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin’s murder trial, he moved on to commenting about the police shooting of Ma’Khia Bryant in Columbus, Ohio.

Crump, who represented George Floyd’s family as well as Michael Brown Jr., Breonna Taylor, Jacob Blake, Ahmaud Arbery, and Daunte Wright’s families, framed the shooting as another case of an “unarmed” person of color being killed by police.

“As we breathed a collective sigh of relief today, a community in Columbus felt the sting of another police shooting as @ColumbusPolice killed an unarmed 15yo Black girl named Makiyah Bryant," Crump tweeted. "Another child lost! Another hashtag. #JusticeForMakiyahBryant"

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2021/04/21/attorney-for-floyd-wright-families-is-already-peddling-a-lie-about-police-shooting-of-15yearold-n2588302

What a grifter Crump is..how much money will he make off of this new incident..?
Support the USO

Offline LMAO

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2021, 02:30:50 pm »

I doubt average Americans are aware of the violence that goes on daily in black communities across the country. The actual level is staggering.

My personal experience with even the most apolitical people tells me they are aware

As more and more Americans become aware, the Democratic Party is going to have lots of problems going forward
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2021, 02:32:01 pm »
It wouldn't be surprising if big city cops started looking into applying for police jobs in rural areas (or semi-rural areas like mine) or new careers altogether. Hard to believe there still are police on the forces in Portland and Minneapolis, at this point.

They already are but there isn’t unlimited openings in those areas
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2021, 02:33:31 pm »
Unarmed, eh. That must be an ice cream cone in her right hand.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2021, 02:33:33 pm »

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2021/04/21/thats-how-the-associated-press-covered-the-officer-involved-shooting-in-ohio-n2588298
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2021, 02:35:20 pm »
They already are but there isn’t unlimited openings in those areas
True, not unlimited, but I know of a small city PD about 1/2 hour's drive from here that is advertising for police applicants. The pay won't compare to what the larger cities can offer, though.