Author Topic: George W. Bush Says U.S. Needs More Foreign Workers to Take Jobs as 16.6M Americans Unemployed  (Read 695 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

George W. Bush Says U.S. Needs More Foreign Workers to Take Jobs as 16.6M Americans Unemployed
Breitbart, Apr 20, 2021

Former President George W. Bush says the United States needs more foreign workers to take American jobs, even as nearly 17 million Americans are unemployed.

During an interview with the Today morning show, Bush said President Joe Biden’s administration ought to increase legal immigration levels to fill American jobs with more foreign workers as the U.S.-Mexico border is overwhelmed with skyrocketing illegal immigration.

“We need to change the work visas,” Bush said. “There are a lot of jobs that are empty and there are a lot of jobs that need to be filled. And yet there are people willing to work hard to do so … a combination of those two would help alleviate some of the border.”

Already, the U.S. annually admits about 1.2 million legal immigrants on green cards to permanently resettle in the country. In addition, another 1.4 million foreign workers are admitted every year on visas to take American jobs.

Despite Bush’s claims, research has continuously debunked business talking points that suggest the U.S. has a shortage of workers and that there are jobs Americans refuse to do.  [...]

In exclusive statements to Breitbart News, Republican staffers on Capitol Hill described Bush as an irrelevant globalist who did not represent the GOP’s base of voters or the majority of those in elected office.

More: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/04/20/george-w-bush-u-s-needs-more-foreign-workers-to-take-jobs-as-16-6m-americans-unemployed/

Online Right_in_Virginia

Exclusive–GOP Insiders: Irrelevant George W. Bush ‘Laughably Out of Touch’ with Pro-Mass Migration Tour
Breitbart, Apr 19, 2021

Former President George W. Bush’s media tour promoting mass immigration to the United States is “laughably out of touch” with GOP voters and Americans at large, Republican insiders tell Breitbart News.

While promoting his new book Out of Many, One, featuring portraits of immigrants, Bush said Republicans must be “more respectful” to immigrants and issued an op-ed in the Washington Post calling for amnesty for illegal aliens and increased legal immigration levels.

Bush said he considers not passing an amnesty for illegal aliens to be one of his biggest failures as president. During his eight years in office, Bush oversaw the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan, the bailout of the nation’s biggest banks, and the Great Recession.

Former President Donald Trump won the 2016 election by vowing to reduce overall immigration levels and winning huge swaths of Hispanic voters in the 2020 election on a similar platform. Republican insiders tell Breitbart News that Bush’s Republican Party of “pro-corporate globalism” that sought to provide business with a never-ending flow of cheaper foreign labor is, thankfully, over.

“Any Republican still taking their cues from George W. Bush or the neocons is laughably out of touch,” a Senate GOP aide said. “Calling for mass amnesty while lockdowns have forced millions of Americans out of work is unhinged. This kind of ‘compassionate conservatism’ and pro-corporate globalism decimated the working class … people have had enough.”

Bush’s legacy on immigration and outsourcing of American jobs have become policy initiatives that elected Republicans have tried to shed. In 2006 and 2007, Bush attempted to pass his “Any Willing Worker” agenda through Congress, which gave amnesty to millions so as to provide a flooded labor market to the business lobby. The initiative failed and his approval rating tanked soon after.

More:  https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/04/19/exclusive-gop-insiders-irrelevant-george-w-bush-laughably-pro-mass-migration-tour/

Online Right_in_Virginia

Bush said he considers not passing an amnesty for illegal aliens to be one of his biggest failures as president.

Didn't want this lost on the audience.   :smokin:

Online Right_in_Virginia

Olivia Rondeau
@rondeaulivia

Watching George Bush on the Today Show saying we shouldn’t pull out of Afghanistan because it will be harder for women. As if the reason we put troops there in the first place was to help women. Warmongers are constantly pretending that we are in the ME for human rights

8:26 AM · Apr 20, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/rondeaulivia/status/1384483718958567425

The SOB doesn't count the 20 year war he started among his failures.  Hell, monkey man wants to go for 50 years; for the women.

If Laura wants to salvage any of this cretin's reputation, she should let him start drinking again.  At least then he'll have something other than interviews to do with his life.

Offline dfwgator

Online Right_in_Virginia

9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000

TODAY
@TODAYshow

“People know that the trial has been conducted fairly and that rule of law reigns supreme.” -Former President George W. Bush on former police officer Derek Chauvin’s trial

Video:

https://twitter.com/TODAYshow/status/1384483725531037698

TODAY
@TODAYshow

“The system really needs to be reformed and fixed.” -Former President George W. Bush on immigration

Video:

https://twitter.com/TODAYshow/status/1384484865198936064

Offline LMAO

I got some grief from conservatives when I would not vote for him the second time in 2004. It turns out it was a very wise decision on my part
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline dfwgator

I got some grief from conservatives when I would not vote for him the second time in 2004. It turns out it was a very wise decision on my part

I understand,  but I would have voted for Satan over Kerry.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Bush Criticizes GOP, Trump – Wants 2024 Candidate Who Supports Gun Control And Amnesty
Political Insider, Apr 20, 2021

Former President George W. Bush crawled back into the spotlight to criticize today’s GOP and Donald Trump, and further suggested he would support a moderate candidate with pro-gun control and pro-amnesty views in 2024.

In an interview with NBC’s ‘Today’ show, Bush took aim at today’s Republicans who he describes as “isolationist, protectionist, and to a certain extent, nativist.”

Speaking on the matter of the Capitol riot in January, the man who spent much of his time in the White House being characterized by the left as a Nazi, said he was sickened by what took place.

“It did make me sick. I felt ill. And I just couldn’t believe it,” Bush said.

“What’s really troubling is how much misinformation there is and the capacity of people to spread all kinds of untruth,” he added, apparently without a hint of irony. Anyone recall WMDs?

“And I don’t know what we’re going to do about that.”

With those comments, George W. Bush has now attacked ‘misinformation’ circulating amongst Trump and his supporters more vociferously than he did even against himself.

The misinformation starts with the media, yet here he is gleefully ripping the GOP on a network like NBC.

Perhaps being on NBC, if Bush wanted to fight misinformation, he might have mentioned the fact that they heavily promoted the ‘Russia bounty’ story that has now been put in serious doubt by the Biden administration.

No anger or feeling sick over that bit of misinformation, George?

Bush’s evolution from being portrayed by the media as a dictator to a media darling of the left is quite remarkable.

Nowhere is that more evident than in the ‘Today’ show interview where he describes who he’d like the GOP to nominate in 2024. See if this reminds you of anyone.

Politico reports:

“Bush remained hopeful that a more moderate Republican — one who supported reasonable gun reform measures, increased public school funding and a path to citizenship for undocumented workers, among other policies — could succeed in the party’s 2024 presidential primary.”

More:  https://thepoliticalinsider.com/bush-criticizes-gop-trump-wants-2024-candidate-who-supports-gun-control-and-amnesty/?fbclid=IwAR1fLPqeHQvwMQlkPCciza3DpxcskjDAPT_4lY3amlHjBNWxNUfN-qSfGiY

Online Right_in_Virginia

Politico reports:

“Bush remained hopeful that a more moderate Republican — one who supported reasonable gun reform measures, increased public school funding and a path to citizenship for undocumented workers, among other policies — could succeed in the party’s 2024 presidential primary.”

Who knew Shrub was a liberal democrat?

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
He is a Liberal Democrat from a family of Liberal Democrats.
Not as crazy radical as the current Democrats, but he is definitely in their camp.
The only difference in the Bush family and the current Communist/Fascist Democrat Party is that GW still cares about America and the American people. He has no direct intention to destroy the foundation of America as the current crop of fascist Liberals do. That is the only thing that makes him 'right wing' in the opinion of Democrats.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

If Laura wants to salvage any of this cretin's reputation, she should let him start drinking again.  At least then he'll have something other than interviews to do with his life.

@Right_in_Virginia

Get real.

No way in HELL is she going to stop him. He is pulling in under the table money for the Bush Crime Family every time he speaks,and let's face it,he is just about their only outlet to "free money" these days.

Anybody know who runs the Bush Crime Family these days,now that Babs is dead?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Right_in_Virginia

EVERYBODY who recognized the "Big Red R" on his hat for what it is?

I am guessing that if any of the surviving Biddy Brigade on FR are still alive,they are all giddy with excitement over his re-appearance.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 12:59:50 pm by sneakypete »

Offline dfwgator

The SOB doesn't count the 20 year war he started among his failures.  Hell, monkey man wants to go for 50 years; for the women.

Laura should have gone to jail for killing a person while driving.

Offline dfwgator

I was told I should vote for Bush over Gore, because Gore would get 3000 killed in a Terrorist attack if he were President,   oh wait.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
He is a Liberal Democrat from a family of Liberal Democrats.
Not as crazy radical as the current Democrats, but he is definitely in their camp.
The only difference in the Bush family and the current Communist/Fascist Democrat Party is that GW still cares about America and the American people.

@240B

ROFLMAO! He has the IQ of and personality of an ameba. I seriously doubt he even understands what America is,never mind cares about America.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
@240B

ROFLMAO! He has the IQ of and personality of an ameba. I seriously doubt he even understands what America is,never mind cares about America.
I disagree.
Bush is not the brightest bulb in the box, but he has no desire to intentionally tear down and rebuild America into a new Communist Nation, as the current Communist Democrats do. Bush is in the Liberal Democrat camp no doubt. But comparing Bush to Obama, Biden, Kamala, Pelosi, Soros, and all the rest, is ridiculous. He is Left, but he is not like them at all.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia

EVERYBODY who recognized the "Big Red R" on his hat for what it is?

I am guessing that if any of the surviving Biddy Brigade on FR are still alive,they are all giddy with excitement over his re-appearance.

:silly:

Online Right_in_Virginia

I disagree.
Bush is not the brightest bulb in the box, but he has no desire to intentionally tear down and rebuild America into a new Communist Nation, as the current Communist Democrats do. Bush is in the Liberal Democrat camp no doubt. But comparing Bush to Obama, Biden, Kamala, Pelosi, Soros, and all the rest, is ridiculous. He is Left, but he is not like them at all.

Yes, he is @240B   "Amnesty", "reasonable gun control" ... this is just the tip of Shrub's iceberg.

It takes a while, but when you see clearly who he is and what he stands for, there's no going back.  The man lied and he sucks.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I disagree.

@240B

You contradict yourself.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Only one word to describe the jerk who stood completely silent while Obama raped the country:

Traitor.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't

I refused to vote for him either time.   When he said he was a "compassionate conservative" he was saying he was a liberal Rodent, just like his weasel father.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline skeeter

I know some here are offended when W is flayed on this site - several who suffer from TDS, even.

IMO there is no Republican more deserving than of our contempt.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 03:09:02 pm by skeeter »

Offline LMAO

I refused to vote for him either time.   When he said he was a "compassionate conservative" he was saying he was a liberal Rodent, just like his weasel father.

I voted for him in  2000 but I felt duped  so I stayed home during  the 2004 election. I did not vote for John Kerry either
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 03:10:14 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

I disagree.

I do agree with this. George Bush is probably more like a traditional Democrat than the leftist that run the Democrat Party today

But if someone wants amnesty and gun control, there’s already a party for that

Barry Goldwater