Author Topic: Beto O'Rourke is still campaigning. But for what?  (Read 923 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Beto O'Rourke is still campaigning. But for what?
« on: April 21, 2021, 02:31:21 am »
Texas Scorecard by  Bryan Mena April 20, 2021

The Texas Democrat has spent 2021 so far block walking in South Texas and advocating for voting access before the Texas Legislature. If that means anything for his political future, he isn't saying.

The placid skies and balmy, springtime heat in South Texas made waiting outdoors tolerable on a recent Saturday this April. Around midday, about two dozen masked volunteers mingled outside the Webb County Democratic Party headquarters, pop music blaring in the background.

Most were waiting in a scattered, socially distanced line to greet Beto O’Rourke, the former U.S. Senate candidate who in 2018 gave Texas Democrats their best shot at unseating a statewide Republican official in decades. Each would get an opportunity to pose for a photo with one of the state’s most prominent Democrats, who was wearing his usual blue button-up shirt, before heading out to another shift of block walking.

It had all the appearances of one of the hundreds of rallies O’Rourke held across the state early in his 2018 campaign for U.S. Senate, or during his ill-fated bid for president soon after. But this time, O’Rourke wasn’t campaigning for anything — at least not explicitly. He told The Texas Tribune he mobilized his supporters to simply understand what issues matter to Laredoans and because Sylvia Bruni, the chair of the Webb County Democratic Party, asked O’Rourke in the aftermath of the 2020 elections to help with voter engagement after Republicans performed better than usual in South Texas.

More: https://www.texastribune.org/2021/04/20/beto-orourke-2022-texas/

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Beto O'Rourke is still campaigning. But for what?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 02:30:31 pm »
Beto may not know yet that the 2018 election against Cruz is over.

He fell off his skateboard once too often, and appears dazed and confused.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2021, 02:48:49 pm »
What office hasn't he ran for and lost yet.  We could add Nacho Gov'nr of TX.  maybe.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2021, 02:56:40 pm »
Campaigning for 2022 Skateboarding Skillz Master

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2021, 03:20:30 pm »
@catfish1957
@Elderberry

Beto almost beat Ted Cruz.  Why?  Because he walked every county in Texas.  I began to worry about him and Cruz when I read Beto had gone to Longview, Texas, to walk it.  I was born several miles away from Longview, at Greggton, Texas.  I understand Greggton is now part of Longview city limits.  That whole area is in the east Texas oilfield.  My father worked for Sun Oil Company there all his adult life and I grew up there, parents lived there until their deaths. 

Have never heard of a state/national candidate going to Longview, in Gregg County.  But, Beto did.  He is the most known Democrat in the state due to his walking every county.  State Democrats are going to vote for him no matter what the office is.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2021, 03:23:52 pm »
Anyone who seems to think he's a Kennedy really ought to stay away from any popular modes of transportation.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2021, 04:44:37 pm »
@catfish1957
@Elderberry

Beto almost beat Ted Cruz.  Why?  Because he walked every county in Texas.  I began to worry about him and Cruz when I read Beto had gone to Longview, Texas, to walk it.  I was born several miles away from Longview, at Greggton, Texas.  I understand Greggton is now part of Longview city limits.  That whole area is in the east Texas oilfield.  My father worked for Sun Oil Company there all his adult life and I grew up there, parents lived there until their deaths. 

Have never heard of a state/national candidate going to Longview, in Gregg County.  But, Beto did.  He is the most known Democrat in the state due to his walking every county.  State Democrats are going to vote for him no matter what the office is.

I think Beto almost beat Cruz becuase of the backlash off the '16 primaries..   Lyin' Ted, etc.  Majority of us Texans realized that Beto was a lightwieght empty suit.  Hold that same election today?  Cruz easily beats him by 10 percentage points.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline thackney

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2021, 04:53:36 pm »
I think Beto almost beat Cruz becuase of the backlash off the '16 primaries..   Lyin' Ted, etc.  Majority of us Texans realized that Beto was a lightwieght empty suit.  Hold that same election today?  Cruz easily beats him by 10 percentage points.

And because he was "damaged", democrats flooded the election with money from out of state, $20 spent for every vote they got.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2021, 12:41:56 am »
Campaigning for 2022 Skateboarding Skillz Master

Every time I watch that video I am amazed at how professional it appears.  Subject is always at center, it follows through on every move, almost unobscured by passers-by.

It almost seems to have wanted it filmed for some odd reason.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 12:43:54 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2021, 01:09:59 am »
Every time I watch that video I am amazed at how professional it appears.  Subject is always at center, it follows through on every move, almost unobscured by passers-by.

It almost seems to have wanted it filmed for some odd reason.

He's got the moves!!         :rolling:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2021, 01:11:04 am »

IMHO Beto almost beat Cruz because of the significant change in demographics.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline thackney

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2021, 11:32:37 am »
IMHO Beto almost beat Cruz because of the significant change in demographics.

That is not reflected in any other statewide Texas election.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online godblessRonaldReagan

• It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2021, 11:50:55 am »
It's obvious - he's running for King of the Furries
I, for one, welcome our feline overlords