Author Topic: Oscar Producer Says Metrics Show ‘Vast Swaths’ Of People Turning The Show Off As Stars Lecture On Po  (Read 624 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Oscar Producer Says Metrics Show ‘Vast Swaths’ Of People Turning The Show Off As Stars Lecture On Politics

https://dailycaller.com/2021/04/19/oscar-producer-metrics-show-vast-swaths-turning-show-off-stars-lecture-politics/

One producer of the Oscars, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, admitted to the New York Times that “vast swaths” of people turn off the show when stars start talking about politics.

A minute-by-minute post-show ratings analysis showed that “vast swaths” of people simply turned off their TVs once politics came up, the unnamed producer told the NYT in a piece published Sunday.

Despite this data showing a decline in the ratings for the Oscars when stars did that, producers of the 93rd Academy Awards show said they are planning to give winners more time this year for acceptance speeches, according to a Reuters piece titled, “Oscars show reinvented as a movie — with masks, longer speeches.”

How many of those who tuned out political posturing last year won't tune in at all this year? I suspect there are many Americans who refuse to watch the Oscars and other award shows because so many "stars" use the shows for political rants. Mrs. S in CA and I tuned out decades ago.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline goatprairie

I haven't watched the Oscars, or any other awards shows, in about 50 years. Why anybody would sit listening to a bunch of crap, most of it politically determined, for three hours is beyond me.
Modern movies are on average so awful, I'd rather watch a program devoted to awarding the worst major movies of the previous year.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Where has he been? This has been building for years as the 'stars' believe that people give a damn what some ignorant actor thinks about politics, society, race , etc. If only their talent was as big as their egos.

Online mountaineer

People are not watching NBA, either, for the same reason.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline goatprairie

People are not watching NBA, either, for the same reason.
It will be very interesting to see what size crowds go to games once the pandemic is officially ended. I have not watched one single NBA game on tv this season after being a huge fan for most of my life and usually watching hundreds of games every year. Screw them.
The game was going downhill anyway with the overuse of the three point shot making a farce of the game.

Online mountaineer

The game was going downhill anyway with the overuse of the three point shot making a farce of the game.
That, and the fact that hardly anyone bothers to play defense.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline andy58-in-nh

I haven't watched the Oscars, or any other awards shows, in about 50 years. Why anybody would sit listening to a bunch of crap, most of it politically determined, for three hours is beyond me.
Modern movies are on average so awful, I'd rather watch a program devoted to awarding the worst major movies of the previous year.

Who the hell wants to watch a bunch of self-congratulatory, obscenely-wealthy idiots pontificating about stuff they don't understand?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline PeteS in CA

Who the hell wants to watch a bunch of self-congratulatory, obscenely-wealthy idiots pontificating about stuff they don't understand?

Oscars ... Grammys ... NFL ... NBA ... MLB .......

I'd rather watch Aaron Rogers woodenly hosting Jeopardy!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 02:51:13 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.