Author Topic: Posted on 4/20 - Boehner's MAJOR ties to the marijuana industry  (Read 143 times)

Online unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
Yes... the old crying man-boy IS back ... why, you ask?   He wants you HIGH!

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/boehner-republicans-marijuana-legalization/2021/04/17/id/1017995/

"Boehner, after leaving office, had long opposed drugs while still a lawmaker, but now is on the board of Acreage Holdings, one of the largest marijuana operations in the United States. He also heads the National Cannabis Roundtable, which lobbies for drug legislation."

Oh.. I get it.

"Acreage and its investors needed President Trump and Republicans to lose across the board, and they need to retain control of the House and Senate long enough to legalize marijuana," writes Greenfield.

And that would mean big bucks to Boehner, who could collect $1.5 million in cash once shareholders approve Canopy Growth's acquisition of Acreage Holdings, he said, quoting Bloomberg News.

Further, Bloomberg noted that Boehner, at the time of the article in 2019, had 625,000 shares of Acerage and reported that if marijuana was made federally legal, he could get Canopy shares valued at around $16 million.

Boehner, a founding board member of the National Institute for Cannabis Investors, has also been seen on video telling investors that the money is about to come because the marijuana ban is almost over.

"If Boehner’s financial situation hasn’t changed significantly, there are millions at stake," said Greenfield. "Defeating Republicans in 2020 and 2022 would be in his financial interest."

(cross posted from another forum)
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao