Author Topic: Pete Buttigieg Warns: Reform Police or ‘Country Doesn’t Make It’  (Read 245 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pete Buttigieg Warns: Reform Police or ‘Country Doesn’t Make It’

Kyle Olson  20 Apr 2021

Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg issued an ominous warning Monday: Reform policing or the “country doesn’t make it.”

Buttigieg appeared on The Breakfast Club to tout President Joe Biden’s $2.5 trillion “infrastructure” plan and also discussed police reform.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aosdkv_Femg&feature=emb_logo

Host Charlemagne tha God asked Buttigieg about the treatment of Army Lt. Caron Nazario, who was filmed being pepper-sprayed and handcuffed by Virginia police.

“I don’t know I have words for how that makes me feel,” he responded. He said he objected to “one of our troops in uniform being treated that way.”

The transportation secretary said that likely happened “just as much” in another era, but there was not a camera to capture it.

When asked if the Biden administration really cares about “holding police accountable,” Buttigieg responded, “Absolutely.”

He touted the George Floyd Policing Act and said, “The country is not whole until something changes.”

Buttigieg said there there local decisions, but “there is also a national culture,” and he insisted laws like the George Floyd Act “would make a difference.”

“We’re up against the entire history of this country. It’s before the founding of this country. We’re up against 400 years. But I really believe it has to change in our lifetime or the country doesn’t make it,” he said.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/04/20/pete-buttigieg-warns-reform-police-country-doesnt-make-it/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Our Republic has already been destroyed Buttgig. I look for an ALL Black police force to take hold.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

He knows even less about "police reform" than he does of transportation.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
He knows even less about "police reform" than he does of transportation.

Small town mayor with a hamster and a PVC pipe is his only asset.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.