Author Topic: Chauvin Verdict coming out 3:30-4:30 Eastern Time  (Read 8610 times)

Online Hoodat

Re: Chauvin Verdict coming out 3:30-4:30 Eastern Time
« Reply #325 on: April 23, 2021, 03:09:42 am »
Alternate juror admits she would have voted to convict because of the way Chauvin "looked," only kinda-sorta on the basis of the evidence.

.  .  .  An alternate juror, who ultimately did not cast a vote to convict Derek Chauvin of murdering George Floyd, said she believes the deliberating jury arrived at the correct verdict.  .  .
  .  .  .  Christensen said “the prosecution make a really good, strong argument” and that Dr. Martin Tobin, the prosecution’s pulmonary expert, “was the one that really did it for me.” ...

Dr. Martin Tobin offered testimony on a scenario of vital signs that were not exhibited in Floyd.  Unfortunately, the defense attorney failed to challenge that testimony.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #326 on: April 23, 2021, 12:29:02 pm »
Alternate juror Lisa Christensen (see my post above) admits she was scared of rioting.
... “Lisa Christensen was the juror who lived in Brooklyn Center. One night she could hardly make it home after testimony ended because of protesters blocking intersections.”  ...

Here is the part where we begin to get a better picture of the immense pressure these jurors were under to deliver a “guilty” verdict.

“This was shocking to me, but Christensen told me she and the other jurors didn’t even share their real names and occupations with each other,” Raguse said. “Just called each other by juror number. Got along but mostly made small talk. Concerned about saying ‘too much.'”

Christenson outright admitted that jury intimidation played a major part in the trial.  ...
Becker News

In re the interview she gave with local media:

Raguse: Did you want to be a juror?

Christensen: I had mixed feelings. There was a question on the questionnaire about it and I put I did not know. The reason, at that time, was I did not know what the outcome was going to be, so I felt like either way you are going to disappoint one group or the other. I did not want to go through rioting and destruction again and I was concerned about people coming to my house if they were not happy with the verdict.   ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #327 on: April 23, 2021, 02:06:20 pm »
These jurors were under enormous pressure.  Pressure that perhaps we can't fully fathom.  And there was no effort to insulate them from it - which will certainly be a factor in any retrial filing. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #328 on: April 23, 2021, 02:43:53 pm »
These jurors were under enormous pressure.  Pressure that perhaps we can't fully fathom.  And there was no effort to insulate them from it - which will certainly be a factor in any retrial filing.
There should have been 1) a change of venue; and 2) jury sequestration.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #329 on: April 23, 2021, 05:39:26 pm »

Daniel Horowitz
@RMConservative
·
16h

One juror: "I did not want to go through rioting and destruction again and I was concerned about people coming to my house if they were not happy with the verdict."
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #330 on: April 23, 2021, 05:41:01 pm »

:yowsa: and their sense of right and wrong has been erased.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #331 on: April 24, 2021, 12:13:42 am »
I understand the jury. I had one just like it. The reason was the same. Send one man to Hell instead of risking their lives and families.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline LMAO

« Reply #332 on: April 24, 2021, 12:16:56 am »
I understand the jury. I had one just like it. The reason was the same. Send one man to Hell instead of risking their lives and families.

Juries are human and I guess that’s human nature

I am related to an attorney and they said that pay out of $27 million to George Floyd’s family while the jury was still being picked should’ve had that declared a mistrial right then and there.

Cities don’t like to pay out that much money to people. But if a jury finds a cop guilty,  then the city will settle instead of trying to fight A civil case in court and lose more money

There cannot be any doubt that that was paid out to try to poison the jury
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #333 on: April 24, 2021, 01:03:05 am »

I am related to an attorney and they said that pay out of $27 million to George Floyd’s family while the jury was still being picked should’ve had that declared a mistrial right then and there.

Cities don’t like to pay out that much money to people. But if a jury finds a cop guilty,  then the city will settle instead of trying to fight A civil case in court and lose more money

YES!!
What is the gospel? I’ll put it in a sentence.
The gospel is the news that Jesus Christ, the Righteous One, died for our sins and rose again, eternally triumphant over all his enemies, so that there is now no condemnation for those who believe, but only everlasting joy.
That’s the gospel. (John Piper)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #334 on: April 24, 2021, 08:06:24 am »
Juries are human and I guess that’s human nature

Precisely. Now, if Chauvin can live long enough to get a decent judge with the integrity to rule for a mistrial.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

« Reply #335 on: April 24, 2021, 11:25:07 am »
Precisely. Now, if Chauvin can live long enough to get a decent judge with the integrity to rule for a mistrial.

Minneapolis does not have that kind of money to just be handing out. Unless they expected something in return. If they had 27 million to give out, why not give it to all the businesses and property that they allowed their voters to destroy

This money was given to  influence the jury. There was no guilty or not guilty verdict at the time, and there wasn’t even any negotiation for settlement. Minneapolis is now a fallen city. Whether Chauvin is guilty or not guilty we will never really know. But you don’t have a fair trial in a fallen city full of chaos and Mayhem.

If you ever seen that movie Sin City by Quentin Tarantino, our cities are looking just like that.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #336 on: April 24, 2021, 04:12:58 pm »

Not in America.  Not any more.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.