Author Topic: Chauvin Verdict coming out 3:30-4:30 Eastern Time  (Read 8612 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Chauvin Verdict coming out 3:30-4:30 Eastern Time
« Reply #300 on: April 21, 2021, 01:41:36 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DB

« Reply #301 on: April 21, 2021, 01:44:14 pm »
Yeah. I know all that... Yet he did not render aid when the guy went out. I think that can be defended, don't get me wrong, but of all the charges thrown around, that is the only one I would think might actually have some traction.

As it turns out, I was wrong about that... At least until appeal.

It likely wasn't rendered because the officers were in a defensive stance due to the angry mob threatening them.

And the bottom line is there's nothing any of the officers could have done to keep him from dying. They man killed himself with a combination of bad health and a serious drug overdose.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #302 on: April 21, 2021, 01:48:15 pm »
If the races were reversed, it would’ve been just a local story

No story at all is more likely if you ask me.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #303 on: April 21, 2021, 01:58:29 pm »
Chauvin may have used excessive force, but it's still questionable as to whether Floyd died from the pressure on his neck from Chauvin's knee or how much the dangerous level of lethal drugs in Floyd's system and his bad heart killed him.
I'm against knee maneuvers like that, but it was legal at the time. It must have been used in the past without killing a perp or they would have banned it by now.
Nevertheless, given all the factors involved the most Chauvin should have gotten was manslaughter. It was definitely not murder in any degree given Floyd's resisting arrest and very poor health.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #304 on: April 21, 2021, 02:06:46 pm »

Of course.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #305 on: April 21, 2021, 02:14:13 pm »
O.J weighing in yesterday as a "credible" voice on the matter, was the real "twilight zone" moment of the day.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #306 on: April 21, 2021, 02:20:26 pm »
Let black Communities become Shariah  No Go Zones for all I care.
After Biden forces the poor into more affluent neighborhoods in the name of 'inclusiveness' and 'equity', this will be everywhere, except for the rural areas.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #307 on: April 21, 2021, 02:23:50 pm »
We have entire agencies of government dedicated to workplace safety but if your workplace is a police cruiser in a hostile neighborhood you are on your own!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 02:25:23 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #308 on: April 21, 2021, 02:26:57 pm »
O.J weighing in yesterday as a "credible" voice on the matter, was the real "twilight zone" moment of the day.
Or "Bizarro World," as the case may be.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

« Reply #309 on: April 21, 2021, 02:27:27 pm »
 I hear the word “reforms” tossed around.  Criminal justice reform, police reform, and societal at-large reform

But these reforms seem to be a one-way street. I don’t hear anyone talking about how the black community it’s self needs to reform. The only way to bring crime down is to get tough on crime. Rudy Giuliani showed how it can be done. Reforms only increase crime
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #310 on: April 21, 2021, 02:28:44 pm »

Where was Derek Chauvin on the evening of June 12, 1994? 

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #311 on: April 21, 2021, 02:34:43 pm »
I hear the word “reforms” tossed around.  Criminal justice reform, police reform, and societal at-large reform

But these reforms seem to be a one-way street. I don’t hear anyone talking about how the black community it’s self needs to reform. The only way to bring crime down is to get tough on crime. Rudy Giuliani showed how it can be done. Reforms only increase crime
The police are less than one percent of the problems of black people. They think it's about 80%.
I say let's quit policing black areas and see what shakes out. We know what happens when the police back off. The black homicide rate skyrockets.
I think I'm probably not alone when I say I don't care about their 99% self-caused problems. I just want them to keep their distance from me.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #312 on: April 21, 2021, 02:36:09 pm »
Where was Derek Chauvin on the evening of June 12, 1994?
Must have been hanging out with that known racist, Mark Fuhrman.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #313 on: April 21, 2021, 02:39:12 pm »
CNN’s Van Jones on Chauvin Verdict: ‘The Voting Worked,’ ‘The Protesting Worked’
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/04/21/cnns-van-jones-on-chauvin-verdict-the-voting-worked-the-protesting-worked/

*protesting*..you mean *riots*.....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #314 on: April 21, 2021, 02:46:51 pm »
CNN’s Van Jones on Chauvin Verdict: ‘The Voting Worked,’ ‘The Protesting Worked’
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/04/21/cnns-van-jones-on-chauvin-verdict-the-voting-worked-the-protesting-worked/

Basically an admittance that reverse "Jim Crow" tactics works like a charm.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #315 on: April 21, 2021, 04:06:30 pm »
They threatened to destroy these jurors and their city. Yeah, it worked.

BassWrangler

« Reply #316 on: April 21, 2021, 04:07:22 pm »

Imagine being proud of the fact that you were able to corrupt the judicial process by throwing a national tantrum. And now that they were successful, we can expect more and more of this. We will have a two tier justice system - one set of rules for the protected classes, and another for everyone else. Can't wait to see this come back around and bite them on the ass.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #317 on: April 21, 2021, 08:39:01 pm »
It likely wasn't rendered because the officers were in a defensive stance due to the angry mob threatening them.

And the bottom line is there's nothing any of the officers could have done to keep him from dying. They man killed himself with a combination of bad health and a serious drug overdose.

yeah, I get it. Like I said, it is defensible. I am just saying that is about the only thing that shoulda had legs. The accusation would be legit.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #318 on: April 21, 2021, 09:00:47 pm »
Imagine being proud of the fact that you were able to corrupt the judicial process by throwing a national tantrum. And now that they were successful, we can expect more and more of this. We will have a two tier justice system - one set of rules for the protected classes, and another for everyone else. Can't wait to see this come back around and bite them on the ass.

ANN COULTER WOKENESS FIRS EDUCATION DEREK CHAUVIN
•Mar 29, 2021

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQdaNXix2mw

Offline libertybele

« Reply #319 on: April 21, 2021, 09:10:45 pm »

Exactly right.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #320 on: April 21, 2021, 09:16:26 pm »
Derek Chauvin taken to maximum-security prison after murder conviction
https://nypost.com/2021/04/21/derek-chauvin-taken-to-minnesota-correctional-facility-oak-park-heights-maximum-security-prison/

I wish him the best. Regardless of where he's being held, they will find a way to get to him.

Yes, I believe he used excessive force and to me there is questionable and reasonable doubt if that force killed Floyd.

Certainly being found guilty on all 3 charges is excessive. At this point, I feel that his appeal may be denied.

It'll be interesting to see what his sentence is.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DB

« Reply #321 on: April 21, 2021, 10:21:14 pm »
I wish him the best. Regardless of where he's being held, they will find a way to get to him.

Yes, I believe he used excessive force and to me there is questionable and reasonable doubt if that force killed Floyd.

Certainly being found guilty on all 3 charges is excessive. At this point, I feel that his appeal may be denied.

It'll be interesting to see what his sentence is.

There's a very likely cause of death. Three times what is considered a lethal dose of fentanyl along with serious other health issues. There was no factual evidence provided to indicate he would have lived regardless of what the officers had done. There were no physical injuries that anyone could identify caused by the officers pertaining to any use of "excessive force". Reasonable doubt is screaming in the extreme here, which is what is required by law to convict.

This was a travesty of justice. When the laws are no longer the rules of civilization anarchy follows.

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #322 on: April 22, 2021, 02:39:00 pm »

Exactly.

I draw your attention to the piece I posted back in June. http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,406219.new.html#new 

When will Tony Timpa get justice?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 02:42:41 pm by The_Reader_David »
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #323 on: April 22, 2021, 02:52:54 pm »
The optics looked terrible. Obviously, many people looked at the knee on the neck for nine minutes or whatever and thought that had to be the cause of death.
I'm not saying it wasn't, but the maneuver was legal at the time. That meant it had been used before without causing death. They still didn't prove without a doubt that the knee caused the death.
Again, how can the jury ignore Floyd's dangerous drug level and very bad heart?
"Well" they claim "he was alive before Chauvin put his knee on his neck and dead nine minutes later."
True. That still doesn't prove the knee caused the death. In his very poor state of health and agitated state, Floyd might have died under any police detainment method. Maybe just lying on the ground handcuffed.
But given the kangaroo court atmosphere, Chauvin got a dirty deal.
I'm not saying his knee didn't have any effect of Floyd's dying, I'm just saying he got the shaft from the legal system.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #324 on: April 22, 2021, 03:34:40 pm »
Alternate juror admits she would have voted to convict because of the way Chauvin "looked," only kinda-sorta on the basis of the evidence.
‘I Was Pretty Uncomfortable’: Alternate Juror Says Derek Chauvin Stared Her Down in Court
Aaron Keller
Apr 22nd, 2021, 10:59 am

An alternate juror, who ultimately did not cast a vote to convict Derek Chauvin of murdering George Floyd, said she believes the deliberating jury arrived at the correct verdict.

“I felt he was guilty,” Lisa Christensen told CBS This Morning’s Jamie Yuccas in an exclusive interview. “I didn’t know if it was going to be guilty on all counts, I would have said guilty.”

Christensen said “the prosecution make a really good, strong argument” and that Dr. Martin Tobin, the prosecution’s pulmonary expert, “was the one that really did it for me.” ...

She said she believed that Chauvin stared her down in court — making her “uncomfortable.”

“Every time I would look up, he was right in my vision, so we locked eyes quite a few times, and I was pretty uncomfortable,” Christensen said. ...
Law and Crime

A trial lawyer comments:
Robert Barnes
@barnes_law
·
15m
Basically, a juror showing how motivated reasoning really works: she highlights testimony that confirmed her guilty presumption, ignored evidence that contradicted it (to the degree of not even knowing its existence), and mind-read defendant glances as scary "stares".
11:18 AM · Apr 22, 2021