Author Topic: Biden selects first woman four-star admiral for the Coast Guard  (Read 550 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Defense News by Aaron Mehta 4/19/2021

Updated 4/19/21 at 2:00 pm EST, reflecting the nomination becoming official several hours after it was reported by Defense News.

WASHINGTON — President Joe Biden has nominated Coast Guard Vice Adm. Linda Fagan to the role of vice commandant, making her the first woman to achieve a fourth-star in the service.

Fagan, the head of the Coast Guard’s Pacific area of operations, would replace Adm. Charles Ray, who has been the Coast Guard’s No. 2 officer since May 2018. Defense News first reported the nomination early Monday.

According to her biography, Fagan has served on all seven continents. She previously held command roles along the east coast, and also served as deputy director of operations for Headquarters at U.S. Northern Command.

“I am pleased that President Biden has nominated Vice Admiral Linda Fagan to be the Vice Commandant of the United States Coast Guard,” Homeland Security secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said in a statement. “She is a superb leader who, as the 32nd Vice Commandant, will guide the Coast Guard at a time when its mission of securing our maritime borders, ports, and waterways has never been more important.

More: https://www.defensenews.com/naval/2021/04/19/biden-to-announce-first-woman-four-star-admiral-for-the-coast-guard/

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Biden selects first woman four-star admiral for the Coast Guard
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 07:45:40 pm »
Is she capable and competent, from my quick scan of the article it appears so. So why the big deal?  Her sex shouldn't matter since the democrats legislated away biological sexes so why trumpet the first woman part?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 10:24:07 pm »
ol' joe sure has taken the wrecking ball to all the services, hasn't he...?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2021, 10:37:30 pm »
That is very admirable of Biden.  The wokesters running his admin sure is calling the shots for Dementia Joe.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.