Author Topic: White House formally backs bill to grant DC statehood  (Read 628 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House formally backs bill to grant DC statehood
« on: April 20, 2021, 03:53:25 pm »
White House formally backs bill to grant DC statehood
By Brett Samuels - 04/20/21 10:29 AM EDT

The White House on Tuesday formally declared its support for a House bill that would grant statehood to Washington, D.C., saying it would provide the residents of the District with "long overdue full representation in Congress."

"Establishing the State of Washington, Douglass Commonwealth as the 51st state will make our Union stronger and more just," the Office of Management and Budget said in a statement of administration policy. "Washington, D.C. has a robust economy, a rich culture, and a diverse population of Americans from all walks of life who are entitled to full and equal participation in our democracy."

The statement further called for Congress "to provide for a swift and orderly transition to statehood for the people of Washington, D.C."

White House press secretary Jen Psaki previously said President Biden is in favor of giving statehood to D.C. The District is home to roughly 700,000 full-time residents, which is more than Wyoming or Vermont.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/549183-white-house-formally-backs-bill-to-grant-dc-statehood
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: White House formally backs bill to grant DC statehood
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 07:09:21 pm »
White House again provides proof of ignorance of Constitution. :thud:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 07:11:34 pm »
Never gonna happen.... not in my lifetime.  But whatevers.  Rats will do what rats will do...
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2021, 03:06:37 am »
White House again provides proof of ignorance of Constitution. :thud:
Yep.  Most of us are witnesses to a pattern here.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2021, 03:10:30 pm »
First they get DC statehood, which is unconstitutional, then they own the Senate, which passes the Court Jam Plan, which then rules DC Statehood is constitutional.

Anyone ever see worms mating?   Patrick Fitzgerald and Gerald Fitzpatrick.  That's the Democrat Party.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2021, 03:12:20 pm »
Once again the Democrats sho how little they care for or respect the Constitution.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2021, 03:14:16 pm »
I agree with what Richard Grennell said about this on Twitter earlier that no one state should have all of the Federal Government agencies in one place and that if DC is grated statehood the federal Government should immediately be scattered across the country.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2021, 04:25:05 pm »
I agree with what Richard Grennell said about this on Twitter earlier that no one state should have all of the Federal Government agencies in one place and that if DC is grated statehood the federal Government should immediately be scattered across the country.

I had never thought about that.   Valid point

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2021, 12:35:41 am »
Wingunt wrote:
"Never gonna happen.... not in my lifetime."

Better reconsider.
You may have to eat those words.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2021, 12:40:20 am »
Wingunt wrote:
"Never gonna happen.... not in my lifetime."

Better reconsider.
You may have to eat those words.
@Fishrrman   Fish..  put it on my gravestone.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2021, 12:43:09 am »
Lets divide my state up into 770 parts the size of DC and give them statehood.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 12:47:29 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2021, 12:46:08 am »
The House of Representatives is about half the size it needs to be.  They haven't expanded to stay in line with the amount of constituents they are supposed represent since around 1930.

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2021, 12:51:10 am »
The D of C is also the only place stated in the Constitution to be under the jurisdiction of Congress.

No state can exist if it is subservient to the federal government as that is exactly 180 degrees from the federal government being under the auspices of states.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2021, 12:55:35 am »
Lets divide my state up into 770 parts the size of DC and give them statehood.
Texas already has Congressional approval to split into 5 states anytime Texas chooses, resulting in 8 more Texas Senators.

For More Than 150 Years, Texas Has Had the Power to Secede…From Itself
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/more-150-years-texas-has-had-power-secede-itself-180962354/