Author Topic: Biden puts China on notice in meeting with Japanese premier at White House  (Read 344 times)

rangerrebew

Biden puts China on notice in meeting with Japanese premier at White House

April 20, 2021 Dave Goldiner - New York Daily News and Chris Sommerfeldt - New York Daily News

President Biden hosted Japan’s prime minister at the White House on Friday — his first face-to-face meeting with a foreign leader — and used the occasion to showcase their common resolve in counteracting China’s military and economic aggression in East Asia.

China’s increasingly brazen activities in the region was a major topic of discussion for Biden and Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga as they sat for a socially distanced and face masked meeting in the State Dining Room of the White House.

Donald Trump’s tumultuous presidency and isolationist agenda opened a door for Chinese President Xi Jinping to assert dominance in Asia and push messaging about the U.S. and democracies in general being on the decline — and Biden and Suga were explicit Friday that they aim to challenge that narrative.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/04/biden-puts-china-on-notice-in-meeting-with-japanese-premier-at-white-house/

rangerrebew

Biden:  "I'll tell those Chinese meddlers and tell them in front of the Japanese, 8,000 miles from China, with my firmest voice they can't mess with me.  If they think I'm kidding, they can talk to Kamala - if they can find her."

What a "powerful," "steadfast" leader we have in Joe Biden - when he's a long way from a foe. :scared smiley:

Offline skeeter

After all of his tough talk I see Xi or Putin pulling something just to make Biden look like a fool. They know damn well the lunatics who handle him will not allow their insane domestic agenda to be jeopardized by a foreign distraction.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Trump was "isolationist"?

Who knew.

I do notice that China didn't act out when America had it's Last President.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline dfwgator

Biden must think China is composed of Republicans. 

Sure the Republicans are scared of him, but the Chinese, not so much.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Biden is a pawn of China.  This is nothing but puffery from the biggest phony in our history.