Author Topic: Boehner: ‘I’d Rather Set Myself on Fire Than to Run for Office Again’  (Read 866 times)

Offline libertybele

I debated whether or not to post this, because it gives attention to Boehner...but the temptation was overwhelming.   And he's calling others knuckleheads?   :rolling:

Boehner: ‘I’d Rather Set Myself on Fire Than to Run for Office Again’

Former House Speaker John Boehner told NBC’s “Meet the Press” on Sunday that he’d rather set himself on fire than run for office again. Then he cursed at host Chuck Todd.

“I'd rather set myself on fire than to run for office again,” Boehner said.........

“You know, the only reason I asked that question is because I expected an answer just like that,” Todd said at the end of the interview.

“You're a s***. You're a s***,” Boehner said.

Todd asked if Boehner held himself responsible for the Republican Party lurching to the right in the last 10 years.

“Well, Chuck, every day that I saw this, beginning in 2011, I pushed back on it. I did everything I could to bring all these members into the Republican Party, into our team, but some of them just didn't want to come,” the former speaker said.

“Most of those so-called Tea Party types, frankly, became very good Republicans, and on any given day, I had 210, 215 solid Republican votes, but on any given day I had two or three dozen of what I call ‘knuckleheads’ who wanted chaos, who wanted it 100 percent their way or no way, but every single day, in the five years that I was speaker, I tried to work to bring them into the party. Some just wouldn't come,” he said.............

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/washington/melanie-arter/boehner-id-rather-set-myself-fire-run-office-again
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
He needs to be trailed by a smoker 24/7 for the rest of his life, and by an Autoclub roadside assistance vehicle, just to be sure accelerant isn't lacking when the time comes.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online cato potatoe

Wouldn't be tough.  His blood is at least 120 proof by this point.

Offline dfwgator

What a coincidence,  I'd rather set him on fire than have him run for office again.

Offline skeeter

He'd go up like buddhist monk in 1962 Saigon.

Offline libertybele

He'd go up like buddhist monk in 1962 Saigon.

:silly:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

Seriously. His whole family knows never to light a cigarette near him.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Has anybody set up a GoFundMe for matches and kerosene?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

Todd asked if Boehner held himself responsible for the Republican Party lurching to the right in the last 10 years.

To the right?  What alternative universe do they live in?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Has anybody set up a GoFundMe for matches and kerosene?

No need! I will personally fund the project!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline verga

I hope he is not expecting me to stop him
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline mountaineer

***hair on fire
So nice to see you, Mr. Boehner.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Let's see the entertainment, Johnny boy

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I think it would be awesome if someone set up a mail in campaign where people would send him matches.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Bonehead set himself on fire long ago.  That is why he is no longer in Congress.  Worthless self serving POS!!!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
He and the voters are seeing eye to eye on that subject. They had rather see him set on fire,too. 
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline verga

I think it would be awesome if someone set up a mail in campaign where people would send him matches.
How about a kickstarter or GoFundme to pay for the lighter fluid and matches.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline andy58-in-nh

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn