Author Topic: MSNBC’s McCaskill: Waters ‘Didn’t Advocate Violence’ — She Meant Confrontational Peaceful Disobedien  (Read 267 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
MSNBC’s McCaskill: Waters ‘Didn’t Advocate Violence’ — She Meant Confrontational Peaceful Disobedience

Pam Key 19 Apr 2021

Former Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-MO), now an MSNBC contributor, said Monday on “Deadline” that Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) “didn’t advocate violence” with her comments about being confrontational.

When asked what should happen if the jury does not deliver a guilty verdict in the case of Derek Chauvin, Waters said, “We’ve got to stay active, get more active, more confrontational, make sure that they know we mean business.”

McCaskill said, “I heard a defense lawyer who was trying, without much success, to derail this trial as the jury was beginning their deliberations. Now, will he raise these things on appeal? I’m sure he will if, in fact, Derek Chauvin is convicted. But the point that I think has been eloquently made is that when you have an event like this, and all the events surrounding this in a country where we have freedom of speech, people are going to talk about it.”

She continued, “And you know, was Maxine Waters careful about what she said? No. She wasn’t careful. But she also didn’t advocate violence. There was nothing she said. Confrontational is what peaceful disobedience is all about. Those kids that sat at the lunch counter, they weren’t hitting anyone. They didn’t have an AR-15. They weren’t mowing people down with multiple magazines. They were being confrontational. And I think that’s what Maxine Waters was referring to. It’s just the right and the media on the right that is trying to twist it into some kind of, you know, her saying, let’s all get violent. She didn’t say that. She said, we have to keep protesting, and we have to keep confronting injustice if, in fact, this man is not convicted.”

more
Pam Key 19 Apr 2021

Former Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-MO), now an MSNBC contributor, said Monday on “Deadline” that Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) “didn’t advocate violence” with her comments about being confrontational.

When asked what should happen if the jury does not deliver a guilty verdict in the case of Derek Chauvin, Waters said, “We’ve got to stay active, get more active, more confrontational, make sure that they know we mean business.”

McCaskill said, “I heard a defense lawyer who was trying, without much success, to derail this trial as the jury was beginning their deliberations. Now, will he raise these things on appeal? I’m sure he will if, in fact, Derek Chauvin is convicted. But the point that I think has been eloquently made is that when you have an event like this, and all the events surrounding this in a country where we have freedom of speech, people are going to talk about it.”

She continued, “And you know, was Maxine Waters careful about what she said? No. She wasn’t careful. But she also didn’t advocate violence. There was nothing she said. Confrontational is what peaceful disobedience is all about. Those kids that sat at the lunch counter, they weren’t hitting anyone. They didn’t have an AR-15. They weren’t mowing people down with multiple magazines. They were being confrontational. And I think that’s what Maxine Waters was referring to. It’s just the right and the media on the right that is trying to twist it into some kind of, you know, her saying, let’s all get violent. She didn’t say that. She said, we have to keep protesting, and we have to keep confronting injustice if, in fact, this man is not convicted.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
No.

Mad Maxine of the Stolen Elections meant to foment inter-racial violence.

It's what she is.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
In the context of what she said, there is no doubt as to the nature of her message.

She openly advocated violence if the jury did not find the way she and the protesters think they should.

There has been little in the way of peaceful confrontation associated with this issue, and that only because it was met with (peaceful) counter-protests which displayed the ability to use overwhelming force to stop any incivility.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
In the context of what she said, there is no doubt as to the nature of her message.

She openly advocated violence if the jury did not find the way she and the protesters think they should.

Right!  She said it to people who were ALREADY RIOTING!  She said, "Be MORE confrontational!"
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao