Author Topic: House Republicans ask Pelosi to reschedule Biden's address to Congress  (Read 280 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Republicans ask Pelosi to reschedule Biden's address to Congress
By Cristina Marcos - 04/19/21 02:04 PM EDT

A group of GOP lawmakers on Monday asked Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) to reschedule President Biden's address to Congress set for next week to a time when the House is in session.

They further called on Pelosi to extend invitations to all members of Congress, instead of limiting it to a smaller number due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

"Scheduling this address for a day when the House is not in session and prohibiting Members of Congress from attending would be unprecedented and undermine the very spirit of our representative, constitutional Republic," GOP Reps. Claudia Tenney (N.Y.), Tom McClintock (Calif.), Randy Weber (Texas), Russ Fulcher (Idaho), Lauren Boebert (Colo.), Louie Gohmert (Texas), Dan Bishop (N.C.), Madison Cawthorn (N.C.), Greg Steube (Fla.) and Van Taylor (Texas) wrote in a letter to Pelosi.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/549037-house-republicans-ask-pelosi-to-reschedule-bidens-address-to-congress
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Pelosi to Republicans, "You'll get nothing and like it!"

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Pelosi to Republicans, "You'll get nothing and like it!"

I want a hamburger. No, cheeseburger. I want a hot dog. I want a milkshake. I want potato salad...
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

If the House isn't in session why would he go to the Capitol to give the speech?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I have a C-Note that says only Rats will be allowed to be there. Some Joint Session.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I have a C-Note that says only Rats will be allowed to be there. Some Joint Session.

Then POTUS45 gives the televised rebuttal.   :smokin:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"They further called on Pelosi to extend invitations to all members of Congress, instead of limiting it to a smaller number due to the COVID-19 pandemic."

How can it be an "address to Congress", when the entire Congress isn't "invited", isn't there...?
(just another dumb-ol'-Fishrrman question)