Author Topic: Rep. Steve Stivers Announces He Will Retire From Congress  (Read 428 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rep. Steve Stivers Announces He Will Retire From Congress
« on: April 19, 2021, 03:30:41 pm »
Rep. Steve Stivers Announces He Will Retire From Congress

Henry Rodgers
Senior Congressional Correspondent
April 19, 2021 10:27 AM ET
Font Size:

Republican Ohio Rep. Steve Stivers announced Monday he will retire from Congress.

Stivers, the former chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC), announced on Twitter that he will be leaving Congress on May 16 to become president and CEO of the Ohio Chamber of Commerce. He was reportedly considering a run for Senate and had raised $1.3 million during his last quarter.

“For the past decade, it has been my honor and privilege to serve the people of Ohio’s 15th Congressional District. Throughout my career, I’ve worked to promote policies that drive our economy forward, get folks to work, and put our fiscal house in order,” Stivers said in a statement.

“I’m excited to announce that I will be taking on a new opportunity that allows me to continue to do that. Effective May 16, I will be leaving Congress in order to accept the position of President and CEO of the Ohio Chamber of Commerce,” he continued.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2021/04/19/steve-stivers-announces-retire-congress-ohio/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Re: Rep. Steve Stivers Announces He Will Retire From Congress
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 03:42:14 pm »
 buh bye

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 03:51:16 pm »
buh bye
He’s off to the Chamber of Commerce where he can lobby his corrupt ex associates for more cheap foreign labor and tax breaks for his new corporate clients.

The cycle repeats
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 03:52:18 pm by skeeter »

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2021, 04:39:32 pm »
Another lowlife gets a high paying lobbying executive position.  Wonder how much this legislative prostitution cost the tax payer and freedoms in the republic.?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2021, 12:22:14 am »
What are the chances of this guy being replaced by another Republican...?
(perhaps a real one...?)

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2021, 12:24:50 am »
What are the chances of this guy being replaced by another Republican...?
(perhaps a real one...?)

Zip. Notta. None.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.