Author Topic: New poll shows Matthew McConaughey crushing current Texas governor in race for highest state office  (Read 727 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
New poll shows Matthew McConaughey crushing current Texas governor in race for highest state office

The actor has talked about running for governor of his home state.
By
Joseph Guzman | April 19, 2021

Story at a glance

A recent poll found 45 percent of registered voters in Texas would vote for McConaughey while 33 percent would cast a ballot for Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R).
    Along party lines, 56 percent of Republicans said they’d vote for Abbott compared to just 30 percent for McConaughey.
    Sixty-six percent of Democrats said they’d vote for the actor compared to 8 percent for Abbott.

A new poll suggests actor Matthew McConaughey may have a viable shot at becoming governor in his home state of Texas.

The poll conducted by the Dallas Morning News and the University of Texas at Tyler released Sunday found 45 percent of registered voters in Texas would cast a ballot for the Dallas Buyers Club actor while just 33 percent would vote for current Gov. Greg Abbott (R).

more
https://thehill.com/changing-america/enrichment/arts-culture/548961-new-poll-shows-matthew-mcconaughey-crushing-current
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Has he been hinting about wanting to run for Governor?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Quoting another Texan, about those thinking "alright alright alright" is more qualified than Abbott?

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The boy wants to be the next Ann Richards.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
A poll published in The Hill.  Looks legit.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Don't believe polls.
Don't believe the press.
Do not believe any American media.
They are liars.
Remember, these are the people who said the skateboarding Mexican Irishman O'Rourke was going to be President.
Anyone who believes these people and reports like this is a fool, a straight up plain stupid fool.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I thought I heard Mconaughey (or whoever) was a Republican?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

In 1998, police discovered a naked and stoned Matthew McConaughey playing the bongos and found a small amount of marijuana.  No self respecting Republican would be caught dead playing the "Bongo's"

It is a great story.   He resisited arrest and refused to get dressed and put pants on  Walking into the Austin Police Station, he declined pants for the third time — but was eventually swayed by the fourth offer. It was not by a cop, but a 6-foot-6, 285-pound, tatted up working inmate, who held out a pair of orange institutional pants. While he again dropped his “proof of my innocence line,” the inmate said, “Trust me, you do wanna put these on.”

:silly: :silly:

Offline thackney

He may be to the right of the typical hollyweird crowd, but no real clear answers on that.

Matthew McConaughey is flirting with a run for governor. But his politics remain a mystery.
https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/texas/matthew-mcconaughey-texas-governor-political-past/285-4381f292-b1c4-472f-9300-93b5f75d028c

The actor hasn't voted in a primary since at least 2012 and has never donated to a Texas or federal campaign.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Well,that would explain why he hasn't received any good roles since the Pope was a pup.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

The great thing about High School girls is that they always stay the same age! 888high58888

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The great thing about High School girls is that they always stay the same age! 888high58888

@Wingnut

And the bad thing is that you don't,and you will eventually reach an age where you can't outrun them to save embarrassment.

Or so I have been told,anyhow.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Am beginning to believe that this might be more of a statement about Abbott than about Matthew.

Abbott has been relentlessly destroying liberties of Texans on the mask mandate and refuses to do anything but mouth off about the many thousands of illegals pouring into our states while other governors from South Dakota, South Carolina and Iowa actually do something.

Abbott has destroyed himself and needs replacement.  We do need someone more adept than Matthew though.  He reminds me of what we painfully went through when I lived in California of replacing Gray Davis with Arnold.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline skeeter

Alright alright alright.