Author Topic: NASA flies a helicopter on Mars, the first time an aircraft has flown on another planet  (Read 589 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
NASA flies a helicopter on Mars, the first time an aircraft has flown on another planet

NASA successfully flew its four-pound helicopter from the surface of Mars early Monday, the first powered flight of an aircraft on another planet, a feat NASA officials compared to the Wright brothers first flight in 1903.

At about 3:30 a.m., the twin, carbon-fiber rotor blades began spinning furiously, and the chopper, called Ingenuity, lifted off the surface of the Red Planet, reaching an altitude of about 10 feet, where it hovered, turned and landed softly in an autonomous flight that lasted just 30 seconds, the space agency said.

Inside the flight operations center at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory in California, engineers broke into applause when confirmation of the flight arrived in a data burst that took about three hours to travel the 178 million miles from Mars to Earth.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/nasa-flies-a-helicopter-on-mars-the-first-time-an-aircraft-has-flown-on-another-planet/ar-BB1fO3Gl
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
This is something grand. Now, where is my flying car?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

I'd hold off on trusting Jetsons like technology right now....   A Tesla self driving car killed two in Houston Saturday night.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/investigators-explosive-tesla-car-crash-killed-texas/story?id=77153506
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat

George Jetson had one in 1062!
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Mars Helicopter Ingenuity's first successful flight (video of lift off and landing)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNpNVscpN3E

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Huh?

What about the drones they have been flying?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Joe Wooten