Author Topic: Donald Trump Objects to 9/11 as Date of Afghanistan Withdrawal  (Read 208 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Donald Trump Objects to 9/11 as Date of Afghanistan Withdrawal, Calls for Earlier Exit
By Nicole Fallert On 4/18/21 at 2:24 PM EDT

Former President Donald Trump objected to September 11 of this year as the date President Joe Biden has set to pull all U.S. troops out of Afghanistan, ending the nation's longest war.

"I wish Joe Biden wouldn't use September 11th as the date to withdraw our troops from Afghanistan," Trump said in a statement released Sunday.

The U.S. entered Afghanistan after the attacks on the World Trade Center in New York City on September 11, 2001. American troops have remained in the country ever since and posed a decision-making challenge to both Democratic and Republican administrations.

Trump, who advocated through his presidency for leaving Afghanistan, cited "two reasons" why the historic date of September 11 shouldn't be used to mark the end of the conflict.

more
https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-objects-9-11-date-afghanistan-withdrawal-calls-earlier-exit-1584519
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Donald Trump Objects to 9/11 as Date of Afghanistan Withdrawal
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 10:26:57 pm »
I agree..they attacked us on 9/11/2001 and won the war on 9/11/2021...twenty years later
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 10:31:27 pm »
It would be a fitting end if, as we load the last Soldier on a transport out of that sand box, we send all the B-52's we have and blow the ever loving  fuking bleep shit out of any Taliban base we can identify.  Call it a goodwill gesture.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2021, 10:36:25 pm »
mystery complained:
"I agree..they attacked us on 9/11/2001 and won the war on 9/11/2021...twenty years later"

Well, gee -- why do you think they PICKED that date in the first place?
It's to celebrate the victory of the taliban over the United States.

What I'd really like to know is... who chose this date?
And... what is that person's religious affiliation...?