Author Topic: Active shooter reported in Arboretum area in NW Austin, 3 killed  (Read 365 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

by: Russell Falcon   
Posted: Apr 18, 2021 / 12:04 PM CDT   / Updated: Apr 18, 2021 / 12:47 PM CDT   

Traffic is closed at the intersection of Rain Creek Parkway after an active shooter incident April 18, 2021 (KXAN/Josh Hinkle)

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Austin police are reporting to the scene of a reported active shooter incident in the 9600 block of Great Hills Trail in the Arboretum area in northwest Austin.

According to Austin-Travis County EMS, three people were pronounced dead at the scene, which took place at the intersection of Great Hills Trail and Rain Creek Parkway. ATCEMS says the incident was reported at 11:42 a.m. Sunday.

Residents should avoid the area. Those in the vicinity are being asked to shelter in place. The shooting took place at an apartment complex in the area, according to Austin Police Department.

more
https://www.kxan.com/news/crime/active-shooter-reported-at-arboretum-in-northwest-austin-3-reportedly-injured/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Active shooter reported in Arboretum area in NW Austin, 3 killed
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 05:51:45 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 05:53:28 pm »
Demacrit controlled city. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2021, 05:55:16 pm »
Seriously... does mandated mask-wearing and the lack of human contact as a result of complying add to the necessary social triggers that make these shootings happen more frequently?

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2021, 05:57:42 pm »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2021, 05:58:56 pm »
Seriously... does mandated mask-wearing and the lack of human contact as a result of complying add to the necessary social triggers that make these shootings happen more frequently?

I think so.  Forced lockdown's and isolation = idle hands are the devil's workshop.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2021, 05:59:45 pm »

You bet.  The mask acts as a way to hide one's identity, making perps feel they can get away with it.

And I hope the perp is one of the three killed for all our sakes.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2021, 06:24:24 pm »
Local story.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2021, 10:22:40 pm »
The link above has updated the story. Taken from the middle of the updated story:

According to Austin-Travis County EMS, three adults (two women and one man) were pronounced dead at the scene, which took place at the Arboretum Oaks Apartments, located at 9617 Great Hills Trail. ATCEMS says the incident was reported at 11:42 a.m. Sunday.

Police have tentatively named 41-year-old Stephen Nicholas Broderick as the suspect and they’re considering him armed and dangerous. Broderick, a Black male, is said to be wearing a gray hoodie and a baseball cap.

According to the Texas Rangers and Travis County court records, Broderick is a former Travis County Sheriff’s detective and was charged with sexual assault of a child in June 2020.

Link -> https://www.kxan.com/news/crime/active-shooter-reported-at-arboretum-in-northwest-austin-3-reportedly-injured/
Let it burn.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2021, 10:57:42 pm »
From what I've read elsewhere, the guy's life has pretty much fallen apart as a result of the sexual assault charge. My semi-wild guess is that the people killed were in some way connected to that case.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.