Author Topic: George W. Bush: Trump Lacked the ‘Humility’ Necessary to be an Effective Leader  (Read 5209 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
G.W. Bush is the only U. S. President I have ever been personally acquainted with and turned out to be the biggest disappointment of my life.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LegalAmerican

What the hell do you know, monkey-man, about leadership -- or humility?  You sit in judgment of a man who accomplished more in four years than you have in your 74.

Here's your legacy, jackass:  First attack on US soil, killing more than 3,000 Americans, brought death and chaos to the Middle East, started our first multi-generational war, wasted trillions of American treasure and splashed American blood around the world in useless conflicts, crashed the economy and were disinvited to not one, but two, Republican National Conventions.

Oh, and you stopped drinking.  No word yet on the coke.

And his wife was responsible for killing someone in car accident.  NWO POS.  BOHEMIAN GROVE. GAY ACTIVITIES.

And my president, POTUS TRUMP,  does not smoke, does not drink any alcohol and never had done illegal drugs.  Does not even drink coffee.  He could be LDS. lol.  WORD OF WISDOM.

888high58888

Offline LMAO

And his wife was responsible for killing someone in car accident. 

It was an accident and she was a teenager

What's comical is watching people here attack GWB with the same talking points the left used during his tenure

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Absalom

What an ignorant post!  Even for you.
--------------------------
PS. Suggest you never use the words 'ignorant or ignorance' on anything
having your name attached; as it will immediately trigger instant recognition. 

Online roamer_1

G.W. Bush is the only U. S. President I have ever been personally acquainted with and turned out to be the biggest disappointment of my life.

Don't feel too bad. Them worn in work gloves and worn out sh*tkickers had me thinking I was buying Texas... Turns out I got HighAnusPort.  **nononono*

Offline skeeter

What's comical is watching people here attack GWB with the same talking points the left used during his tenure
Isnt it though? Its pretty funny when ‘conservatives’ attack a Republican president using the same words the left does. Like during the past four years.

Offline dfwgator

Dumbya pulled the wool over our eyes.

Offline LegalAmerican

So what?  It is the truth. Why can't we speak about it?  No issue with gay BOHEMIAN GROVE?  HIS NWO stance?  Does NOT make him a 'republican'.  RINO.

Offline Mesaclone

--------------------------
PS. Suggest you never use the words 'ignorant or ignorance' on anything
having your name attached; as it will immediately trigger instant recognition.

You've demonstrated in your postings that you embody both of these traits, Absalom...so DC is simply calling a spade a spade. Your Trump-carping and petty hatred of the former...and future...President...is precisely what has put these Commie idiots in charge of the country. Hope you're happy...because the government we have today is courtesy of yourself and your fellow NT's. Trump beat "your guy", whoever that was, in the primary and you lacked the common sense and integrity to rally behind him against this Leftist tide...you and your ilk undermined the most conservative governing President in the post WW2 era for four years and did your damndest to help Joe Biden take over the White House. Well...congrats...you accomplished your mission. Pathetic...delusional...short sighted...and masochistic...all out of petty jealousy...these being the calling card traits of the NeverTrumper movement. 

People wonder why this party loses to the idiot Left. Well, it ain't because its not conservative enough...its because we have a bunch of prudes who turn into mini-Quislings every time they don't get "their guy" through a primary. They retch and moan and make idiotic claims...some beyond ludicrous like declaring there's no difference between a Trump and a Biden presidency. No one with an IQ over 75 would buy such stupidity, but like like used car Lemon-salesman they keep pitching such garbage because they think THAT's what it takes to get back into power within the party. Its disgusting...and unless it stops...we WILL lose this Republic permanently. Hell...it may already be lost thanks to these nitwits.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 10:18:29 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline dfwgator

People wonder why this party loses to the idiot Left. Well, it ain't because its not conservative enough...its because we have a bunch of prudes who turn into mini-Quislings every time they don't get "their guy" through a primary. They retch and moan and make idiotic claims...some beyond ludicrous like declaring there's no difference between a Trump and a Biden presidency. 

Even despite the nastiness between them in 2016, Ted Cruz never would have said something so idiotic about Trump.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Mesaclone

Even despite the nastiness between them in 2016, Ted Cruz never would have said something so idiotic about Trump.

Ted Cruz is a grown up. He doesn't quit fighting for what's right because he got his feelings hurt...or because Trump won the nomination (because he understood that Trump was and is fighting for the same goals, the same governance and the same philosophy as he himself is). I'll be honest, I often wish Trump had that same maturity and ability to self deprecate...but he does not. So be it, all leaders are flawed and its the movement that matters most.

Nonetheless...flaws and all....the Son of Gun fights like an angry barracuda for Conservatism, working folks and the nation as a whole....and makes ZERO apologies for waging that fight. No one else in OR out of the Conservative movement does that as tenaciously, effectively, and skillfully as does President Trump...not since we lost Rush, anyway. So he's the only dog we have in this fight who can actually win it...but we still need EVERY dog on the right to get into this fight...so while I respect those who dislike him for personal or philosophical reasons...the fight is already on and we don't get to switch out leaders while we under fire. Get over it...all your doing in undermining Trump is elevating the Romneys, Bush's, McCain's, Cheney's and McConnells....and ensuring we lose this fight and the Republic.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 10:56:00 pm by Mesaclone »

Online roamer_1

Hope you're happy...because the government we have today is courtesy of yourself and your fellow NT's.

Not happy... indifferent. Six of one...

Trump beat "your guy", whoever that was, in the primary and you lacked the common sense and integrity to rally behind him against this Leftist tide...

Big government is big government, and I will not support it.

you and your ilk undermined the most conservative governing President in the post WW2 era for four years

Not even close. Stop making the claim. Were he conservative, he would have had my support.

and did your damndest to help Joe Biden take over the White House.

Make up your mind. Was it overwhelming voter fraud or lack of support for Tumpy - You can't have both.

Well...congrats...you accomplished your mission. Pathetic...delusional...short sighted...and masochistic...all out of petty jealousy...these being the calling card traits of the NeverTrumper movement. 

'petty jealousy'? No. My support has always been clearly defined. Principles. Support the principles of Conservatism, with a record of doing so, and my vote is guaranteed. Next time, back a Conservative or STFU. I have a criteria, and that criteria is the very same as it has always been. Fail to meet that criteria and you will fail to receive my support. Simple as that. And you KNOW it.

People wonder why this party loses to the idiot Left. Well, it ain't because its not conservative enough...its because we have a bunch of prudes who turn into mini-Quislings every time they don't get "their guy" through a primary. They retch and moan and make idiotic claims...

No, the reason the party loses is because it is wholly ineffective and has been my whole life. promises, promises, promises. And always a reason to throw Conservatives under the bus - Tumpy being absolutely no different in that.

some beyond ludicrous like declaring there's no difference between a Trump and a Biden presidency.

Big government is big government. No damn difference at all. Take out Buydem's temporary EOs and Tumpy's temporary EOs and the two administrations are going to be remarkably the same. In FACT, when the Republicans held power they did virtually NOTHING of substance to reverse that tide you are so worried about - NOTHING.

No one with an IQ over 75 would buy such stupidity, but like like used car Lemon-salesman they keep pitching such garbage because they think THAT's what it takes to get back into power within the party. Its disgusting...and unless it stops...we WILL lose this Republic permanently. Hell...it may already be lost thanks to these nitwits.

Then we will deserve to. And it will be your cupidity and your party's fecklessness and utter failure to defend that will be at fault - Because ONLY Conservative principles will fix it... And nothing else. You will NOT fix a damn thing until those principles are served, as millennia have proven over and over, and over again. And still you recommend compromise. Even though you know it will fail. And that is what is disgusting.

So go chase after your prince. That is not what conservatism does.

“The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary.” ― H.L. Mencken

And y'all fall for it every_single_time.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 11:03:35 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline libertybele

Quite frankly, I could give a flyin' flip what W thinks.  Notice that since the liberals stole the election, all the establishment idiots are coming out and voicing their opinions.  They had their chance to help this country and did nothing! They all need to shut up and  crawl back into the swamp.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Mesaclone

Not happy... indifferent. Six of one...

Big government is big government, and I will not support it.
You were a Cruz supporter...and as Cruz has made quite clear, there's not an iota of a difference between Cruz and Trump on the issues.

Not even close. Stop making the claim. Were he conservative, he would have had my support.
I'll never stop claiming that which is obvious on its face...Trump governed as Conservatively as any President in post WW2 America. Neither he...nor Cruz...nor Reagan...could have balanced the budge in 2017-2020 within the political context they faced. Yet...on every other issue...from Right to Life, to Second Ammendment rights, to free speech and Judiciary appointments...Trump was every bit the Conservative Reagan was. You simply lack an understanding of history...and of historical context...if you are arguing otherwise. Or perhaps you're just too stubborn to admit ever being wrong.

Make up your mind. Was it overwhelming voter fraud or lack of support for Tumpy - You can't have both.

'petty jealousy'? No. My support has always been clearly defined. Principles. Support the principles of Conservatism, with a record of doing so, and my vote is guaranteed. Next time, back a Conservative or STFU. I have a criteria, and that criteria is the very same as it has always been. Fail to meet that criteria and you will fail to receive my support. Simple as that. And you KNOW it.
Your principles are no more a guiding light for you than the rest of us here on this board...we are all here because we care and fight for conservatism. Trump fought for the very principles you claim to support, and you stood down and failed to fight with him against this Commie takeover...basically makes you a Conscientious Objector...you won't fight because our Conservative leader doesn't perfectly align with you on every single issue. Wahhh...grow up...no candidate, conservative or otherwise, is going to match with any of us on every single damn issue. Most of us have the courage to put our big boy pants on and fight anyway...because the GENERAL cause of conservative is more important than each fragment of a difference you have with the President and your fellow conservatives. If those of us who don't get EVERYTHING we want from a candidate take our ball and go home...we lose. Its that damn simple.

No, the reason the party loses is because it is wholly ineffective and has been my whole life. promises, promises, promises. And always a reason to throw Conservatives under the bus - Tumpy being absolutely no different in that.
You're right here, the party IS wholly ineffective. Because every time we put forward a strong and assertive candidate, the circular firing squad forms and we commit political hari-kari. Don't pretend you're not part of that idiotic process...you are embodying it right now as we type.

Big government is big government. No damn difference at all. Take out Buydem's temporary EOs and Tumpy's temporary EOs and the two administrations are going to be remarkably the same. In FACT, when the Republicans held power they did virtually NOTHING of substance to reverse that tide you are so worried about - NOTHING.
Your logic makes Reagan out to be a liberal stooge. Trump cut more government regulations than ANY president before him...he fought for what could be achieved, and would have fought for more and better minimalizing of government in a 2nd term...and likely will have that chance in 2024.

Then we will deserve to. And it will be your cupidity and your party's fecklessness and utter failure to defend that will be at fault - Because ONLY Conservative principles will fix it... And nothing else. You will NOT fix a damn thing until those principles are served, as millennia have proven over and over, and over again. And still you recommend compromise. Even though you know it will fail. And that is what is disgusting.
Yes. Conservative principles can and will fix it. If we win elections. The actions of you and your ilk are ensuring that we do not win...which means nothing conservative will be achieved and liberalism will dominate and potentially destroy the nation. Way to go....great strategy.

So go chase after your prince. That is not what conservatism does.
Your need to build a straw man is revealing of your argument's lack of depth and coherence. I have no prince. No one who supports Trump sees him as such....you are just mouthing an idiotic liberal meme to attack Trump voters. What we see in Trump is a man who fights FEROCIOUSLY...and effectively...for Conservatives and conservatism. Period.

“The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary.” ― H.L. Mencken

And y'all fall for it every_single_time.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 11:49:09 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline LegalAmerican

Quite frankly, I could give a flyin' flip what W thinks.  Notice that since the liberals stole the election, all the establishment idiots are coming out and voicing their opinions.  They had their chance to help this country and did nothing! They all need to shut up and  crawl back into the swamp.

:thumbsup:

Offline LegalAmerican

POTUS TRUMP has no flaws.  Maybe working too hard for America.  He does not smoke, drink alcohol, do no illegal drugs, does not even drink coffee.   ALL CONSERVATIVE TRAITS.   If anyone wants to complain about flaws, you are talking about yourselves.
ALPHA MALE POTUS....is just right. What we needed at the time.  Still do.  www.magapill.com

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The main reason I now dislike W as he concentrates on dissing only Republicans, never Democrats.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline LegalAmerican

So what?  It is the truth. Why can't we speak about it?  No issue with gay BOHEMIAN GROVE?  HIS NWO stance?  Does NOT make him a 'republican'.  RINO.

RINO. 

Online roamer_1

You were a Cruz supporter...and as Cruz has made quite clear, there's not an iota of a difference between Cruz and Trump on the issues.

I know. And because of that, I will have a very hard time voting for Cruz, if I ever have the chance again. He has sullied his good name and lost what, 10 points at the ACU to prove it.

I'll never stop claiming that which is obvious on its face...Trump governed as Conservatively as any President in post WW2 America. Neither he...nor Cruz...nor Reagan...could have balanced the budge in 2017-2020 within the political context they faced. Yet...on every other issue...from Right to Life, to Second Ammendment rights, to free speech and Judiciary appointments...Trump was every bit the Conservative Reagan was. You simply lack an understanding of history...and of historical context...if you are arguing otherwise. Or perhaps you're just too stubborn to admit ever being wrong.

I easily admit when I am wrong - I am not wrong.

And it is not even a matter of balancing the budget - It is a matter of spending at TWICE the rate of Democrats. It is preposterous to write that off.

And Reagan's legacy is still very much with us, written in LAW - Even as Tumpy's is - Written in law and liberal as hell. Nearly everything you could point at that was conservative in Tump is now gone - Washed away. Nothing.

Your principles are no more a guiding light for you than the rest of us here on this board...we are all here because we care and fight for conservatism. Trump fought for the very principles you claim to support,

No, he did not. He threw candy from the front of the parade. I said long ago it was worthless
 and soon to be gone, and here we are.

and you stood down and failed to fight with him against this Commie takeover...basically makes you a Conscientious Objector...you won't fight because our Conservative leader doesn't perfectly align with you on every single issue.

No one is looking for perfection. Literally outspending the Democrats is no where near excusable. On that alone, for the egregious harm done in that alone, there is no way in hell you can stand on that bullcrap.

Wahhh...grow up...no candidate, conservative or otherwise, is going to match with any of us on every single damn issue. Most of us have the courage to put our big boy pants on and fight anyway...because the GENERAL cause of conservative is more important than each fragment of a difference you have with the President and your fellow conservatives. If those of us who don't get EVERYTHING we want from a candidate take our ball and go home...we lose. Its that damn simple.

No, YOU grow up. The whole purpose of Conservatism in politics is to support the immovable principles of the conservative factions - ALL of them. That is what we are here for. That IS the general cause.  And it would be little surprise that Tumpy lost support from fiscal conservatives and libertarian minded conservatives. He stood against what they care about. He threw em under the bus. For that he gets to lose. Tough sh*t, there it is.

You're right here, the party IS wholly ineffective. Because every time we put forward a strong and assertive candidate, the circular firing squad forms and we commit political hari-kari. Don't pretend you're not part of that idiotic process...you are embodying it right now as we type.

NONSENSE. He sure as hell wasn't strong and assertive when it comes to fiscal conservatism and libertarianism. No, he was strong and assertive AGAINST them. And no, I am not part of anything. I am directly opposed. And the fallout of this unparalleled waste of time should show you why.

Without a party in lockstep with Conservative principles, you will continue to lose every time. Chasing after princes and making them martyrs is nothing less than absurdity. If y'all were serious I would not oppose you. But you are not. Cherry-picking, just like the moderates - and using the very same arguments against me. IDENTICAL to McCain and Romney acolytes. Is it any wonder I can't see a difference.

Your logic makes Reagan out to be a liberal stooge. Trump cut more government regulations than ANY president before him...he fought for what could be achieved, and would have fought for more and better minimalizing of government in a 2nd term...and likely will have that chance in 2024.

What he cut was still but a pittance. And likely it is all right back again.
No he would not have minimalized anything.- He would have spent even more money. It's what he does.

Yes. Conservative principles can and will fix it. If we win elections. The actions of you and your ilk are ensuring that we do not win...which means nothing conservative will be achieved and liberalism will dominate and potentially destroy the nation. Way to go....great strategy.

NOTHING! Y'all have won NOTHING in thirty damn years. That dog don't hunt. It ain't me at fault - It's y'all. I walked off for non-performance and there ain't a single damn thing that's changed. You got NOTHING. AGAIN. Four years - Two of em with both houses - and nothing. The whole thing an utter waste of time.
That I predicted it should not be a surprise, or an offense.

Your need to build a straw man is revealing of your argument's lack of depth and coherence. I have no prince. No one who supports Trump sees him as such....you are just mouthing an idiotic liberal meme to attack Trump voters. What we see in Trump is a man who fights FEROCIOUSLY...and effectively...for Conservatives and conservatism. Period.

Yes, indeed you DO. And it is a strategy that will never bear fruit. One man, no matter who he is, is not going to be effective, so I don't give a crap how ferociously he 'fights'. He will get nothing done. That's the problem with princes. You need a whole damn party on the same damn page. The minute you ain't got that, you'll get nothing. So the minute you compromise on those principles y'all claim to support is the very minute you have a party on more than one page... and you will lose. Period. No matter which prince you follow.

And that is precisely what happened again. Unity is found in those principles. That is what they are FOR. Unity in anything else is nothing but wasted motion. And here we are, again.

Offline Absalom

You've demonstrated in your postings that you embody both of these traits, Absalom...so DC is simply calling a spade a spade. Your Trump-carping and petty hatred of the former...and future...President...is precisely what has put these Commie idiots in charge of the country. Hope you're happy...because the government we have today is courtesy of yourself and your fellow NT's. Trump beat "your guy", whoever that was, in the primary and you lacked the common sense and integrity to rally behind him against this Leftist tide...you and your ilk undermined the most conservative governing President in the post WW2 era for four years and did your damndest to help Joe Biden take over the White House. Well...congrats...you accomplished your mission. Pathetic...delusional...short sighted...and masochistic...all out of petty jealousy...these being the calling card traits of the NeverTrumper movement. 

People wonder why this party loses to the idiot Left. Well, it ain't because its not conservative enough...its because we have a bunch of prudes who turn into mini-Quislings every time they don't get "their guy" through a primary. They retch and moan and make idiotic claims...some beyond ludicrous like declaring there's no difference between a Trump and a Biden presidency. No one with an IQ over 75 would buy such stupidity, but like like used car Lemon-salesman they keep pitching such garbage because they think THAT's what it takes to get back into power within the party. Its disgusting...and unless it stops...we WILL lose this Republic permanently. Hell...it may already be lost thanks to these nitwits.
--------------------------------
Hmm............since my phone is down, let me play Racket Ball w/your blathering's.
* "..........Trump-carping and petty hatred of the future POTUS.........." ???
    Um..........future of what??? Is he planning to move back to Bavaria, usurp
    Murky Merkel while shouting the name and legacy of his Grand-Pa???
* "..........our most conservative governing POTUS since WW2.........." ???
     Hmm..........actually he does remind of the rantings of Benito Mussolini !
As for Principled Conservatism, internalize 2 names, read and reflect; Pericles and Plato.
Then you might learn something.
Incidentally, our last Principled Conservative who sat in the Oval Office was James Madison!!!
Anyway, my phone just rang, so adios???

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
--------------------------------
Hmm............since my phone is down, let me play Racket Ball w/your blathering's.
* "..........Trump-carping and petty hatred of the future POTUS.........." ???
    Um..........future of what??? Is he planning to move back to Bavaria, usurp
    Murky Merkel while shouting the name and legacy of his Grand-Pa???
* "..........our most conservative governing POTUS since WW2.........." ???
     Hmm..........actually he does remind of the rantings of Benito Mussolini !
As for Principled Conservatism, internalize 2 names, read and reflect; Pericles and Plato.
Then you might learn something.
Incidentally, our last Principled Conservative who sat in the Oval Office was James Madison!!!
Anyway, my phone just rang, so adios???
Douchebag your call was dropped
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

The main reason I now dislike W as he concentrates on dissing only Republicans, never Democrats.

His 2nd term was a complete disaster and he turned out to be a huge disappointment!

The Bush family no longer holds any credibility nor integrity!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
No issue with gay BOHEMIAN GROVE? 
The only person who takes that seriously is Alex Jones.

HIS NWO stance?  Does NOT make him a 'republican'.  RINO.
It's hard to call a person who holds that stance a RINO since so many people in the party hold the same stance. You'd have to conclude the whole party is rotten... which given your stances would probably be consistent.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024