Author Topic: George W. Bush: Trump Lacked the ‘Humility’ Necessary to be an Effective Leader  (Read 5222 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
George W. Bush: Trump Lacked the ‘Humility’ Necessary to be an Effective Leader

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59Rec8bwO10

Pam Key 18 Apr 2021

Former President George W. Bush said Sunday during an interview with “CBS Evening News” anchor Norah O’Donnell that he felt former President Donald Trump lacked the “humility” necessary to be an effective leader.

In the interview that aired on “CBS Sunday Morning,” O’Donnell said, “Though he has refrained from criticizing his successors, he told us there’s a clear difference between him and former President Donald Trump.”

Discussing Trump, Bush said, “I feel a responsibility to uphold the dignity of the office. I did then, and I do now. And I think it’s undignified to want to see my name in print all the time.”

He continued, “I think it basically sends a signal that I miss being famous and, you know, I want people to see me. Listen to me!  And, you know, I don’t. I really don’t.”

O’Donnell said, “So, you feel humbled by the office, it sounds like?”

Bush said, “Totally. To me, humility shows an understanding of self. It shows a belief in a higher power that is necessary to be an effective leader. And we were short of humility.”

O’Donnell clarified by asking, “In the last four years?”

Bush said, “Yeah, absolutely.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/04/18/george-w-bush-trump-lacked-the-humility-necessary-to-be-an-effective-leader/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Said the worst President, ever.  Should have just saved my gas and stayed home instead of voting for this guy twice.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 04:25:45 pm by dfwgator »

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Poor poor little Shrub.  I thought he was a young man of promise; but it appears he was a young man of promises.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline dfwgator

Poor poor little Shrub.  I thought he was a young man of promise; but it appears he was a young man of promises.

Where's that Yellow Cake, Georgie?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Former President George W. Bush said Sunday during an interview with “CBS Evening News” anchor Norah O’Donnell that he felt former President Donald Trump lacked the “humility” necessary to be an effective leader.

What the hell do you know, monkey-man, about leadership -- or humility?  You sit in judgment of a man who accomplished more in four years than you have in your 74.

Here's your legacy, jackass:  First attack on US soil, killing more than 3,000 Americans, brought death and chaos to the Middle East, started our first multi-generational war, wasted trillions of American treasure and splashed American blood around the world in useless conflicts, crashed the economy and were disinvited to not one, but two, Republican National Conventions.

Oh, and you stopped drinking.  No word yet on the coke.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 05:59:25 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Offline dfwgator

And oh by the way, Georgie, Democrats still hate you.  Now we do, too.

Offline dfwgator

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
What the hell do you know, monkey-man, about leadership -- or humility?  You sit in a judgment of a man who accomplished more in four years than you have in your 74.

Here's your legacy, jackass:  First attack on US soil, killing more than 3,000 Americans, brought death and chaos to the Middle East, started our first multi-generational war, wasted trillions of American treasure and splashed American blood around the world in useless conflicts, crashed the economy and were disinvited to not one, but two, Republican National Conventions.

Oh, and you stopped drinking.  No word yet on the coke.

ROFL!  Brutal!!     :laugh:     :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
@dfwgator

Don't hold back now son, tell us how you really feel about Dubuwa

Offline Absalom

A measure from history.
During our formative decades we choose Adams, Jefferson, Madison and Monroe;
Men of character and vision who encouraged/permitted us to survive and prosper,
while our most recent decades have produced the likes of Bush and Trump, among
assorted buffoons, charlatans, frauds, hustlers and jackasses.
The Character of its Leaders/Citizens determine destiny for the nation/state as well
as its culture/society; so reflect a moment on the contrast between these individuals
and their impact on our reputation in the world and our sense of self.

Offline dfwgator

A measure from history.
The Character of its Leaders/Citizens determine destiny for the nation/state as well
as its culture/society; so reflect a moment on the contrast between these individuals

This is the best we can do folks. This is what we have to offer. It's what our system produces: Garbage in, garbage out. If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you're going to get selfish, ignorant leaders. Term limits ain't going to do any good; you're just going to end up with a brand new bunch of selfish, ignorant Americans. So, maybe, maybe, maybe, it's not the politicians who suck. Maybe something else sucks around here...

like, the public. Yeah, the public sucks. There's a nice campaign slogan for somebody: 'The Public Sucks. F*ck Hope.

-George Carlin

Offline DCPatriot

This is the best we can do folks. This is what we have to offer. It's what our system produces: Garbage in, garbage out. If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you're going to get selfish, ignorant leaders. Term limits ain't going to do any good; you're just going to end up with a brand new bunch of selfish, ignorant Americans. So, maybe, maybe, maybe, it's not the politicians who suck. Maybe something else sucks around here...

like, the public. Yeah, the public sucks. There's a nice campaign slogan for somebody: 'The Public Sucks. F*ck Hope.

-George Carlin

Another good example of getting "... the government you deserve".

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

A measure from history.

What an ignorant post!  Even for you.

At the speed things are happening right now, you may look a bit foolish comparing "Bush and Trump, among assorted buffoons, charlatans, frauds, hustlers and jackasses".

GWB is a globalist and he may win the "visionary" game.  Question is only which quarter are we in right now?

You dragging President Trump into this thread ...  well, there you go again!   :laugh:

Online Wingnut

At the speed things are happening right now, you may look a bit foolish comparing "Bush and Trump, among assorted buffoons, charlatans, frauds, hustlers and jackasses".

GWB is a globalist and he may win the "visionary" game.  Question is only which quarter are we in right now?

You dragging President Trump into this thread ...  well, there you go again!   :laugh:

He makes Once-ler look sane.

Offline skeeter

Whenever I start feeling a bit too full of myself I reflect back on what I did with my vote in 2000 and 2004. Makes me wanna break out my hair shirt.

Whatta loser this guy is.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 05:58:59 pm by skeeter »

Offline dfwgator

Whenever I start feeling a bit too full of myself I reflect back on what I did with my vote in 2000 and 2004. Makes me wanna break out my hair shirt.

Whatta loser this guy is.

But then again, look who he ran against?   

Offline Right_in_Virginia

And oh by the way, Georgie, Democrats still hate you.  Now we do, too.

888high58888  @dfwgator

Offline skeeter

But then again, look who he ran against?
Yeah I know. At least Gore keeps his yap shut.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I have no use for him.  I didn't vote for him. He is a glorified piss boy.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Wingnut

Yeah I know. At least Gore keeps his yap shut.

True,  Well except for that whole  "The Planet has a Fever" thing he parlayed into millions of dollars to line his pockets.

Offline skeeter

True,  Well except for that whole  "The Planet has a Fever" thing he parlayed into millions of dollars to line his pockets.
hey I appreciate a good scam as much as the next guy

Offline dfwgator

Hey now, he's Super Cereal!

Offline Absalom

GWB is a globalist and he may win the "visionary" game.  Question is only which quarter are we in right now? You dragging President Trump into this thread ...  well, there you go again! 
---------------------------------
Hmmm...........got your knickers in a knot about Trumpet??? How sad.
A large dose of reality about the Smirkster-in-Chief, devoid of character
and integrity, is very long overdue. Yet Plain People firmly grasp this.