Author Topic: Coca-Cola says it's 'time to find common ground' on voting measures after pressure from the Right  (Read 974 times)

Offline Hoodat

Coca-Cola says it's 'time to find common ground' on voting measures after pressure from the Right

Zachary Halaschak, Economics Reporter   |   April 14, 2021 02:31 PM

Coca-Cola, whose CEO denounced the Georgia voting bill, is now striking a conciliatory tone after coming under pressure from conservatives.

The soda giant, which is based in Atlanta, was absent from a list of more than 500 corporations and individuals that signed a statement condemning any election legislation that would “restrict” voters from having “an equal and fair opportunity to cast a ballot.” The missive was placed as a two-page Wednesday ad in the New York Times and Washington Post, with the effort being organized by the Black Economic Alliance.

Coca-Cola said in a statement to the Washington Examiner on Wednesday that the company “had not seen the letter” initiated by the alliance but is “certainly open to hearing their perspective." It said it has supported the right to vote and that it will assess how to support voting rights.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/coca-cola-says-time-find-common-ground-voting-measures-pressure-from-right

Woke Coke About to Go Broke - This is one heck of a backtrack for Coca-Cola after President Trump called for a boycott.  Clearly, pissing off 75 million Trump voters does not equate to business success.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The only common ground is to agree following the law and ensuring only eligible citizens vote in elections is permissible.

Go take a hike if you believe otherwise, Coke.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline skeeter

Great idea Coke. We'll allow the rats to cheat somewhat instead of alot.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
If I still drank soda like I used to, damn near stopped when I couldn't ignore the D word any more, I would go back to my teenage staple Royal Crown or nothing.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Nah, Coke, you can't put that genie back in the bottle.

You don't want white folks business.
You don't want fairness in elections.

That's enough, that you wouldn't want my patronage, either.

So, Okay, Bye.

Tea and coffee are likely better for me, anyway, and failing that, water still works.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

This isn't the only area of Coke's wokeness, as I recall. Didn't it come out a few weeks ago that the company wasn't going to use the services of any law firm that didn't have a certain percentage of black attorneys, or something stupid like that? I remember Glenn Beck talking about it.

The list of companies to avoid patronizing because of their idiotic leftist positions is getting so long, I can't keep track of which ones to boycott.  :laugh:

Edit to add: Coca-Cola was one of the many companies signing on to some climate thing, thread here.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 12:25:28 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Funny things happen, when you wake up and realize you have pissed off half your customer base.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
The common ground is simple.

If you can't show valid state-issued ID, you can't vote.

Works for all the Americans, and the Americans are the only ones that matter.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title:
"Coca-Cola says it's 'time to find common ground' on voting measures after pressure from the Right"

What they REALLY mean:
"Its time for you to quiet down and let us have our way..."

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
WHAT THE HELL DOES Coca-Cola HAVE TO DO WITH VOTING MEASURES!!?
REALLY! What the Hell is going on these days? The whole world is upside-down.

Coca-Cola product list, which I will never buy again.
https://www.coca-colacompany.com/brands
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 10:28:01 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline roamer_1

Royal Crown could clean up right now with a counter message.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Who could have ever imagined that Coca-Cola would go from being a popular soft-drink to become a Leftist political organization?
Too weird for me. What's next? Are Hershey Bars going to start pushing for illegal voting registration?
Is every commercial corporation going to become political advocacy groups for the Democrats?
Glad I'm old. This world is becoming too insane for me to understand.

Crazy Joe's Used Cars! Come here and we will help you make your protest banners and help you vote!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Who could have ever imagined that Coca-Cola would go from being a popular soft-drink to become a Leftist political organization?
Too weird for me. What's next? Are Hershey Bars going to start pushing for illegal voting registration?
Is every commercial corporation going to become political advocacy groups for the Democrats?
Glad I'm old. This world is becoming too insane for me to understand.

Crazy Joe's Used Cars! Come here and we will help you make your protest banners and help you vote!
Coke decided to invite a couple of rabid community activists and political hacks to become board members.

Helene D. Gayle
President and Chief Executive Officer, The Chicago Community Trust and former director at CDC (yep, that one)

Alexis M. Herman
Chair and Chief Executive Officer, New Ventures LLC and former Labor Secretary under Bill Clinton

https://investors.coca-colacompany.com/c...rd-of-directors
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington