Author Topic: Sen. Tom Cotton: Democrats ‘Broke the Rules’ to Move Gupta Nomination Forward  (Read 235 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sen. Tom Cotton: Democrats ‘Broke the Rules’ to Move Gupta Nomination Forward

Kyle Morris 15 Apr 2021

Sen. Tom Cotton warned of consequences for Senate Judiciary Committee Democrats after he stated they “broke the rules” to advance the nomination of Vanita Gupta to serve as Associate Attorney General.

“I have to observe something independent of Ms. Gupta herself,” Cotton said in a speech Thursday. “The discharge petition filed today requires that there had been a valid, tied vote in committee. That is the rule that we all agreed on at the beginning of this Congress.”

“Yet, Ms. Gupta still has not received a valid vote in the Committee,” Cotton added. “In fact, during the markup of her nomination, just minutes into my 15-minute remarks, the chairman of the Committee cut off my remarks mid-sentence and called for a vote in violation of the Committee’s rules.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEU6rmYcYgw

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/04/15/sen-tom-cotton-democrats-broke-the-rules-to-move-gupta-nomination-forward/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Rules are for the other guy.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-