Author Topic: Body camera footage shows fatal police shooting at Ohio emergency room  (Read 391 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Body camera footage shows fatal police shooting at Ohio emergency room
By Celine Castronuovo - 04/15/21 04:18 PM EDT

Ohio police on Wednesday released body camera footage appearing to show officers engaged in a physical struggle with a man in a hospital emergency room that ultimately resulted in officers fatally shooting him.

The footage obtained and posted by The Associated Press showed the moments Columbus and Westerville police officers attempted to search Miles Jackson, a Black man, in a room at Mount Carmel St. Ann’s Hospital in Westerville, a suburb of Columbus.

According to the AP, Jackson was taken to the hospital earlier that day and was later brought back to the emergency room by officers who had found him passed out in a bank parking lot.

In videos from the Westerville Division of Police and obtained by NBC News, officers appeared to pat Jackson down briefly before helping him into an ambulance.

Columbus police were eventually called to the hospital after the Westerville officers learned that Jackson had outstanding arrest warrants in the city, including domestic violence and possessing weapons under disability, according to local NBC affiliate WCMH.

The footage shared by the AP showed an officer briefly handcuffing Jackson’s left hand to the hospital bed before the officer removed them and started to collect Jackson’s belongings.

“You don’t have nothing sharp in your pockets, do you?” the officer asked. “Hopefully somebody would have caught that earlier.”

Moments later, a bullet dropped from Jackson’s pants, prompting officers to search him.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/police-body-camera-video-captures-fatal-shooting-ohio-hospital-n1264192?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goatprairie

Another black person carries a gun into a place where he shouldn't have one, resists arrest, struggles with cops, and gets shot and killed for his efforts. What time is the riot?

Offline LMAO

Another black person carries a gun into a place where he shouldn't have one, resists arrest, struggles with cops, and gets shot and killed for his efforts. What time is the riot?

They’re acting like suicide bombers and  becoming martyrs  for a greater cause
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline goatprairie

They’re acting like suicide bombers and  becoming martyrs  for a greater cause
You can make book that virtually the same thing will happen again next week or next month.
These low IQ human sludges just can't help themselves. Thank God, no officers were killed in this incident (but will probably get sued anyway), and another dirtbag eliminated from the human gene pool hopefully before he could generate any sprogs.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 12:23:05 pm by goatprairie »

Offline verga

When is Ben Crump due in town and is bringing the Rev. Sharpton with him?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
No shits given over this guy taking a dirt nap.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
And nobody is talking about the Black former NFL player who killed what?... seven (7) people including 2 young children?

All White victims?   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
This looks like something right out of the old "St. Elsewhere" tv series...
(back when I still looked at television...)