Author Topic: Biden DOJ Wins Lawsuit to Seize 260-Year-Old Texas Ranch Along Border  (Read 615 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden DOJ Wins Lawsuit to Seize 260-Year-Old Texas Ranch Along Border

Bob Price15 Apr 20213
2:58

The Biden Administration took control of a Texas rancher’s border land on Wednesday. The action followed a victory by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Texas against the family which has owned the land since 1760.

Texas rancher Fred Cavazon has been fighting to keep control of his 6,584 acre ranch along the Texas-Mexico border since the administration of then-President George W. Bush. The fight continued during the Trump administration, Law & Crime reported.

That fight came to an abrupt conclusion on April 12 with U.S. District Court Judge Micaela Alvarez awarded the federal government control of the land. Two days later, the Biden Administration took possession of the acreage.

In August 2020, then-candidate Joe Biden told reporters he would end all lawsuits seeking control of land along the Mexican border to be used to build border walls, the legal blog reported.

“End it,” Biden said in an interview with NPR’s Lula Garcia-Navarro. “End it. End. End. Stop. Done. Over. Not gonna do it. Withdraw the lawsuits. We’re out. We’re not gonna confiscate the land.”

The Biden Department of Justice took over the lawsuit in January 2021.
Law & Crime reported:

The government still wanted that land condemned. The Cavazos family and their attorneys had hoped the 46th president would stand by his August 2020 words and stop fighting in court for Trump’s border wall. But Biden didn’t do that. The lawsuits were not withdrawn.

…

Citing the government’s need for “urgency of possession,” the district court held that the Biden administration “is entitled to immediate possession of the Subject Property.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/border/2021/04/15/biden-doj-wins-lawsuit-to-seize-260-year-old-texas-ranch-along-border/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline thackney

Re: Biden DOJ Wins Lawsuit to Seize 260-Year-Old Texas Ranch Along Border
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 07:29:25 pm »
Some history:

A TEXAN FAMILY’S FIGHT FOR THEIR LAND AND HISTORY
https://www.aclutx.org/en/news/texan-familys-fight-their-land-and-history
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 07:32:02 pm »
A federal judge on Tuesday ruled the federal government had the right to condemn about 6½ acres of Cavazos land through eminent domain.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/04/15/biden-border-wall-texas-property/
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2021, 08:48:59 pm »
No wonder Texas fought so hard to not permit the federal government to take our state lands when Texas entered the union.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2021, 10:00:35 pm »
Hmmm....
Wait a minute here...

The breitbart title article sounds misleading.
It wasn't the whole ranch the government claimed by eminent domain.
Rather, it was 6 1/2 acres along the border.

I FULLY SUPPORT the government in "taking" this land.
Hopefully, eventually, it will host some of the border barrier.

To those who own property directly ON the border, my response is:
"Sorry, but national security and the foreign invasion takes priority over your ownership. We will compensate you at above-market-rates, but we need this land".

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2021, 12:12:15 am »
Hmmm....
Wait a minute here...

"Sorry, but national security and the foreign invasion takes priority over your ownership. We will compensate you at above-market-rates, but we need this land".

So if the govt condemned only one room in your house, it would be ok?

And if the govt took your land using one pretense and actually had another it would also be ok?

Sure......
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2021, 11:40:12 am »
Hmmm....
Wait a minute here...

In this case, aren't those acres along the river or controlling access to the water?

Because, as any rancher will inform you, if you don't have water, you aren't going to have cattle.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2021, 08:04:20 pm »
So if the govt condemned only one room in your house, it would be ok?

And if the govt took your land using one pretense and actually had another it would also be ok?

Sure......

Ever read the Constitution?

Just asking for a friend.

What was Bush Boy's plan for the seized land?   Was it to build a physical barrier against Invaders, or was it like another Bush Boy eminent domain case and he was planning on making a profit building another baseball stadium?   

Because if it's to build the Wall, not only was the seizure justified, the landowners are asses for objecting.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.