Author Topic: Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot says video of Adam Toledo’s fatal shooting by police ‘incredibly diffic  (Read 851 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot says video of Adam Toledo’s fatal shooting by police ‘incredibly difficult to watch,’ calls for peace as city braces for its release
By Gregory Pratt
Chicago Tribune |
Apr 15, 2021 at 12:40 PM

Hours before city officials plan to release video of a police officer shooting 13-year old Adam Toledo, Mayor Lori Lightfoot on Thursday asked Chicago residents to withhold judgment and again called for peace.

The mayor choked back tears as she discussed the city’s endemic gun violence, saying, “We can’t have that be what young people experience in our city.”

“Simply put, we failed Adam,” she said during a City Hall news conference.

Lightfoot recounted how, two weeks ago, “a tragedy occurred that left a child dead, a mother in mourning and a family in crisis.”

“I have seen those videos and let me just say they are incredibly difficult to watch, particularly at the end,” Lightfoot said.

Toledo was fatally shot by a Chicago police officer in the early morning hours of March 29 in a Little Village alley after a foot pursuit, touching off protests and demonstrations in the neighborhood.

The Civilian Office of Police Accountability, which investigates all shootings by police, said it would release video of the shooting and other materials on Thursday, and that the Toledo family had been notified of that decision.

more
https://www.chicagotribune.com/politics/ct-chicago-mayor-lori-lightfoot-adam-toledo-shooting-video-reaction-20210415-krtvckssgzfbfd3bq73xono6cu-story.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot says video of Adam Toledo’s fatal shooting by police ‘incredibly difficult to watch,’ calls for peace as city braces for its release
Hours before city officials plan to release video of a police officer shooting 13-year old Adam Toledo, Mayor Lori Lightfoot on Thursday asked Chicago residents to withhold judgment and again called for peace.

rrthree If there are people "out there" who watch videos of people being shot for the :pop41: value, I haven't met any.

rrthree In plain English, "withhold judgment and calling for peace" means it was a justified shoot.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Not to make light of her grief, but why was mom's little (13 y.o.) boy out in the early hours of the morning?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Disturbing bodycam footage released by Chicago police shows the moment a city cop shot and killed 13-year-old Adam Toledo.

“Stop, stop right f—-g now,” the cop who fired the fatal shot is heard saying as he chases the teen. “Hands. Show me your f—-g hands.”

“Drop it, drop it,” he yells, before Toledo is seen turning around and the cop fires a single shot.

The seventh-grader is then seen collapsing onto the ground.

“Shots fired, shots fired,” the cop radios in.

“You all right?” he asks the teen, who is spattered with blood. “Where you shot?”

The graphic footage was released by the city’s Civilian Office of Police Accountability.

At a press conference earlier Thursday, Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot had described the video as “incredibly difficult to watch.”

https://nypost.com/2021/04/15/bodycam-video-shows-chicago-police-shooting-of-adam-toledo/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
All deaths are "difficult to watch," except for the freaks who buy snuff films.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Not to make light of her grief, but why was mom's little (13 y.o.) boy out in the early hours of the morning?

Shhhh...you know you are not allowed to ask these parents about their parenting skills..
Support the USO

Online mountaineer

A 13 y/o gangbanger in possession of a handgun, roaming the streets at 2 or 3 a.m. Yes, it's fair to critique "mother of the year's" parenting skills.
John Cardillo
@johncardillo
Make no mistake, #AdamToledo was born into gang life.
99.999% that his mother encouraged his violent criminal behavior, knew exactly what he was doing, and was most likely proud of what “Lil Homicide” had become.
He’s dead because of her.
8:01 AM · Apr 16, 2021·

John Cardillo
@johncardillo
#AdamToledo’s street name was “Lil Homicide.”
At 13 years old.
But please keep painting a pic of his mom as Mother of the Year.
7:56 AM · Apr 16, 2021

ryan thomas
@ryantho37094302
Replying to @johncardillo
Common acceptance of bad parenting is a major factor in the decline of urban neighborhoods
7:54 AM · Apr 16, 2021·
That last comment is true in all neighborhoods. Look at the little terrors running around suburbia - undisciplined, unchurched, unparented.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline goatprairie

If he's thirteen and out in the wee hours with a gun, he's obviously up to no good. He won't be missed. By society I mean. His family may mourn, but why was the kid out that early on a school night? But, hey, let's blame the kid's death on the racist police for my low IQ kid and my failure as a parent.

Offline dfwgator

You're the boss, Lori, not a Republican in sight in Shitcago.   You own it.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chicago Police Union head calls Adam Toledo shooting 'justified,' says 'officer's actions actually heroic'
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/548607-chicago-police-union-head-calls-adam-toledo-shooting-justified-says
Support the USO

Online Lando Lincoln

I don't know why anyone would want to be a LEO.  Not even in Mayberry.  A split second before the fatal shot, this angel had a gun in his hand.  Minutes earlier, street video caught him and a partner rapidly firing the gun.  His nickname was Lil Homicide (not exactly "Lumpy", is it?).  How in heaven's name does this receive the narrative and traction it is with the media and in political halls?  (I guess the answer is in the question, isn't it?)  Now the law abiding, civil, and contributors to society will pay.  Dearly.

Here is more:
https://wgntv.com/news/chicago-news/videos-show-adam-toledo-13-may-have-dropped-gun-as-he-raised-his-hands-when-cpd-officer-fatally-shot-him/
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online mountaineer

Ian Miles Cheong
@stillgray
Why did Adam Toledo’s life matter more than the countless children killed by gang violence in Chicago every week?
9:16 AM · Apr 16, 2021
Every week in Lightfoot's Chicago, at least a dozen people are shot and several of them die, including innocent toddlers and other young children. Where are her tears for them?

Offline goatprairie

Every week in Lightfoot's Chicago, at least a dozen people are shot and several of them die, including innocent toddlers and other young children. Where are her tears for them?
Statement from Chicago bigshots: "yes, while we're working to stop the violence, let's all blame Evil Whitey for black and brown people killing each other in staggering numbers and a number of them getting themselves killed by the police.
Take responsibility for our actions??? You must be out of your racist mind."

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
If he's thirteen and out in the wee hours with a gun, he's obviously up to no good. He won't be missed. By society I mean. His family may mourn, but why was the kid out that early on a school night? But, hey, let's blame the kid's death on the racist police for my low IQ kid and my failure as a parent.
His family may mourn, but for sure the within the first hour the main thought running through their heads was KA-CHING!

Online mountaineer

His family may mourn, but for sure the within the first hour the main thought running through their heads was KA-CHING!
Hey, if George Floyd's family can clear $30 million or so ...

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Sooner or later, this kid would have "grown up" to commit one or more homicides.
Certainly robberies...

The officer did the citizens of Chicago a favor...

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Sooner or later, this kid would have "grown up" to commit one or more homicides.
Certainly robberies...

The officer did the citizens of Chicago a favor...

How do we know if he hasn't already been responsible for one or more of the horrendous Chicago murders...which happen weekly?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline LMAO

We are all living through the end results of Johnson's Great Society
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/chicago-ends-2020-769-homicides-gun-violence-surges-75005949

739 shooting deaths in Chicago for 2020.  134 so far in 2021, with an increase of eighteen (18) over last year at this time.

It was 2:30am.  that's in the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT...for all of you in Rio Lindo.  He's 13 years old.

As an aside, what justification has been presented by CBS NEWS for their deliberate cropping of 'their version' of the video so as to not show him holding that handgun?  They could have merely fogged it out if they were afraid of hurting viewers' sensibilities.

IMO, the FCC show certainly inquire.   :laugh: 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline dfwgator

Your city, Lori,  your fault.

Online mountaineer

The death of Adam Toledo, 13, brought out the worst in the media. Also known as Lil Homicide, Toledo was running away from cops at 2:30 AM in Chicago. He ran down an alley. A fence blocked him. He turned around and an officer shot and killed him. Chicago's official watchdog of the police released a video of the shooting. The media once again proved itself unworthy of a great nation.

Rather than show the video as is, the media decided to jazz things up.

Fox reported, "CBS News slammed for cropping bodycam footage of Adam Toledo holding gun before fatal shooting."

The story said, "CBS News is facing heat over a video the network shared on Twitter Thursday that critics say crops out a critical part of body camera footage showing the police chase that led to 13-year-old Adam Toledo's death in Chicago last month. ...

The International Business Times tried to fill in the gaps.

It reported, "Reports of Adam Toledo, the teen shot dead by Chicago police officer in March, being part of a gang started trending after tributes terming him 'Lil' Homicide' and 'Bvby Diablo' surfaced on social media. The body cam footage released by the Civilian Office of Police Accountability (COPA) caught Toledo throwing away a gun just seconds before he was fatally shot in the chest by the cop. ...
Don Surber, "Media won't call him Lil Homicide"

Offline LegalAmerican

Videos: MSM Edits Police Bodycam Footage And Removes The Part Where 13-yr-old Adam Toledo Is Seen Holding Firearm

more
https://defiantamerica.com/videos-msm-edits-police-bodycam-footage-and-removes-the-part-where-13-yr-old-adam-toledo-is-seen-holding-firearm/

You know, these "Teen's"...look like full grown men.  Same with those 13 and 15 year olds responsible for the death of Mohammed, who drive Uber Eats , car.
Unless, we were told the ages, no one would KNOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylY31U7-l9s

Offline LegalAmerican

18 hours ago
His nickname was “Lil Diablo” & “Lil Homicide”. His Latin king gang members are paying homage to him on his Facebook page...

18 hours ago
They ask, why did the cop shoot him!?
When they won't ask, Why was this 13 year old out at 3am shooting a gun in the middle of a neighborhood?

1 day ago (edited)
The City of Chicago didn't failed that 13 year old boy, Adam Toledo failed himself to be a gangster, he was a member of the "Latin Kings." Yet, the media showing innocent pictures of him at 7 years old and the family says, he used to play Legos a lot, SMH. Edit: He was given the nickname "Lil' Homicide" or "Bvby Diablo" for a malicious reason, also the noun "diablo" means devil in spanish. Prior to his death, he was shooting at someone else, who can be a victim as well, Does this make him seems like a kid? No, rarely ordinary kids don't do this.

Offline LegalAmerican

How do we know if he hasn't already been responsible for one or more of the horrendous Chicago murders...which happen weekly?

:bingo:   His nickname was Devil in Spanish, and " Little homicide."  Sounds like he already killed someone.  LATIN GANG.