Author Topic: Afghanistan: 'We have won the war, America has lost', say Taliban  (Read 872 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Afghanistan: 'We have won the war, America has lost', say Taliban

By Secunder Kermani and Mahfouz Zubaide
BBC News, Balkh district

Published

14 hours ago

Driving to Taliban-controlled territory doesn't take long. Around 30 minutes from the northern city of Mazar-e-Sharif, passing large craters left by roadside bombs, we meet our host: Haji Hekmat, the Taliban's shadow mayor in Balkh district.

Perfumed and in a black turban, he's a veteran member of the group, having first joined the militants in the 1990s when they ruled over the majority of the country.

The Taliban have arranged a display of force for us. Lined up on either side of the street are heavily armed men, one carrying a rocket propelled grenade launcher, another an M4 assault rifle captured from US forces. Balkh was once one of the more stable parts of the country; now it's become one of the most violent.

Baryalai, a local military commander with a ferocious reputation, points down the road, "the government forces are just there by the main market, but they can't leave their bases. This territory belongs to the mujahideen".

It's a similar picture across much of Afghanistan: the government controls the cities and bigger towns, but the Taliban are encircling them, with a presence in large parts of the countryside.

more
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-56747158
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Re: Afghanistan: 'We have won the war, America has lost', say Taliban
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 01:42:40 pm »
Whatever.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 02:02:14 pm »
Enjoy your sh*thole, winner.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2021, 06:15:18 pm »
Yeah, "whatever".

Let's see what happens if the Taliban acts up again when America has a president.

I'm still a fan of the Glass Parking Lot Theory.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2021, 08:49:54 pm »
Afghanistan: 'We have won the war, America has lost', say Taliban

Joe Biden plans to hand Afghanistan over to Taliban on September 11, 2021.

You know, like when JFK handed Hawaii over to Japan on December 7, 1961.
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2021, 09:29:15 pm »
Most people are not upset.  Go for it.  Kill each other, without Americans involved.  We don't care anymore.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2021, 11:50:50 am »
We lost every time blood was spilt on behalf of the Afghanis.  The mission was to kill the ringleaders of 9/11.  It never should have expanded beyond that.  Afghanistan will never be a coherent, let alone civilized nation.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2021, 05:34:47 pm »
We lost every time blood was spilt on behalf of the Afghanis.  The mission was to kill the ringleaders of 9/11.  It never should have expanded beyond that.  Afghanistan will never be a coherent, let alone civilized nation.
The taliban/moslems are fighting a religious war and religious fanatics will never stop fighting until all of them or all of their perceived enemies are dead.

Just one more reason to be thankful the biden/harris/OBAMA misadministration is back in charge to open our border to moslem terrorists and other invaders.  9999hair out0000

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2021, 05:38:27 pm »
No, we did win, you know why?

Because we don't have to  live in f'ing Afghanistan!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2021, 05:42:45 pm »
No, we did win, you know why?

Because we don't have to  live in f'ing Afghanistan!

Don't count on that!  They are coming here in droves!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2021, 06:15:07 pm »

It does prove RINO Bush 41 was smarter than RINO Bush 43.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2021, 06:27:03 pm »
It does prove RINO Bush 41 was smarter than RINO Bush 43.

Not that it's saying much.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2021, 06:29:15 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2021, 07:20:01 pm »
As much as it pains me to say it...that Taliban POS is right.

We had so many opportunities to roll those assholes up and spent the majority of the time fighting with one ar tied behind our backs thanks to politically motivated rules of engagement.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2021, 07:30:14 pm »
As much as it pains me to say it...that Taliban POS is right.

We had so many opportunities to roll those assholes up and spent the majority of the time fighting with one ar tied behind our backs thanks to politically motivated rules of engagement.

Gotta win those hearts and minds, dontchaknow.  I say when you have a man by the balls, his heart and mind will go your way.
I will NOT comply.

Online jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2021, 08:19:01 pm »
They did win, because our leaders are weak when it comes to their mindset of war.  Fact is, not only the Taliban is well entrenched in Afghanistan, so is al Qaeda and ISIS.

Now what will come of this nation?  Anyone that does not comprehend the future there, should have no right to vote.  On a scale of 100, if it was at 20 while Osama was there, it will be at 100 in the future.  The most important thing to decide from a planning perspective is what to do next when they attack other areas of the world.   9/11 events will happen again, perhaps worse with the use of bio weapons.