Author Topic: Schumer lays groundwork for future filibuster reform  (Read 242 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Schumer lays groundwork for future filibuster reform
« on: April 15, 2021, 12:53:02 pm »
Schumer lays groundwork for future filibuster reform
By Alexander Bolton - 04/15/21 06:00 AM EDT

Sen. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) is asking Democrats to look for GOP dance partners, both as a defense for attacks next year that his party is unwilling to work with Republicans, and as a step toward possibly limiting the filibuster.

The initial reason for seeking bipartisan opportunities is next year’s midterms.

Democrats want to bolster their defenses for the coming GOP attacks that voters should deliver a GOP majority in the House or Senate as a check on President Biden, and to punish Democrats for not working on a bipartisan basis.

But the effort is also a way to convince Democratic senators to agree to reform the filibuster.

The thinking is that if Republicans show they aren’t interested in working with Democrats, it will help the case within the Senate Democratic Conference to reform the filibuster, which requires most legislation to win 60 votes to move forward in a chamber where there are only 50 Democratic votes.

“Schumer is just now laying out how we want to go forward,” said one Democratic senator. “Some members of the caucus, a considerable number, they want to understand the extent of Republican obstruction to justify any action taken on the filibuster.

“All of this is about bringing the caucus back together so eventually 50 people in the room can reach a decision,” the source said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/548345-schumer-lays-groundwork-for-future-filibuster-reform
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Schumer lays groundwork for future filibuster reform
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 12:56:54 pm »
I am hoping that Chuckie pisses off either Sinema or Manchin enough that they switch to the Republicans and deny Chuckie a majority once and for all.

Both are from heavily Republican states and they both know they are fighting against that majority on most issues.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 04:42:57 pm »
I am hoping that Chuckie pisses off either Sinema or Manchin enough that they switch to the Republicans and deny Chuckie a majority once and for all.

Both are from heavily Republican states and they both know they are fighting against that majority on most issues.

Sinema must be madder than Hell about Biteme unleashing the swarms at her southern border.  I know I am.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2021, 06:27:28 pm »
Sinema must be madder than Hell about Biteme unleashing the swarms at her southern border.  I know I am.
Why would someone that lives in the Washington DC Swamp care about what happens in Arizona? (sarcasm). Sinema and Manchin are demonrats. Demonrat = lying hypocrite.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2021, 06:40:13 pm »

That's only on the surface.   I'm sure they're telling her that there WILL be enough votes for her when she needs them, they boxes are already being filled.

Senema is putting on an act.  Just like Manschin.

And Schumer already knows who his RINO pals are.  Romney, Collins, Murky, and others.   It might be easier for the Rodents to kill the filibuster than they want us to realize.   I heard Hitler called Auschwitz a "reformation camp', too.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.