Author Topic: Teen in Wheelchair with Rare Neurodegenerative Disease Skydives with U.S. Army Parachute Team  (Read 208 times)

rangerrebew

Teen in Wheelchair with Rare Neurodegenerative Disease Skydives with U.S. Army Parachute Team

"It is my pleasure and highest privilege of my career to take Ryan on this Army experience," said Sgt. First Class and tandem team instructor Chris Acevedo
By Joelle GoldsteinApril 14, 2021 02:59 PM

A Virginia teen is refusing to let a debilitating disease define his life and recently got the chance to prove it by going skydiving with the U.S. Army Parachute Team.

On Tuesday, Ryan Alam was given the opportunity to go on a tandem jump with a member of the Golden Knights, which is the U.S. Army's Parachute Team, ABC affiliate WJLA reported.

Though Ryan lives with a rare neurodegenerative disease and is in a wheelchair, he didn't let that stop him from free-falling outside of his high school in Potomac Falls, according to the outlet.

https://people.com/human-interest/teen-in-wheelchair-with-rare-neurodegenerative-disease-skydives-with-us-army-parachute-team/

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That had to have been a HUGE thrill for both him and the Golden Knight that was lucky enough to help him with the jump.

This kinda makes my day.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!