Author Topic: Breaking: House and Senate DEMOCRATS rolling out bill to ADD FOUR JUSTICES to The Supreme court  (Read 1423 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Breaking: House and Senate DEMOCRATS rolling out bill to ADD FOUR JUSTICES to The Supreme court

DEMOCRATS IN CONGRESS Intend To Unveil a Bill to Expand The Number of Supreme Court Justices on Thursday, according to three legislative sources familiar with the bill.

by Evan12 mins ago

The bill would increase the number of justices on the Supreme Court from nine to thirteen.

Republicans currently hold 6 seats, while Democrats hold just 3 after the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg and the confirmation of Justice Amy Coney Barrett.

The bill is sponsored by House Judiciary Committee Chair Jerry Nadler, Subcommittee chair Hank Johnson, and freshman Rep. Mondaire Jones.

In the Senate, the bill is being championed by Ed Markey of Massachusetts.

DEVELOPING…

more
https://toptradeguru.com/news/breaking-news-alert/breaking-house-and-senate-democrats-rolling-out-bill-to-add-four-justices-to-the-supreme-court/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

There's really nothing that can be done to stop this.   The DEMS said they were going to pack the courts and they will.

It is clearly evident that we have a one party system of government. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi may not have the votes... :crossed:
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I am sick to my stomach...
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

I am sick to my stomach...

I've been sick to my stomach every since Sloe Joe stole the election.

I don't want to hi-jack this thread because I feel it deserves definite attention, so I won't link the song, but I felt that the lyrics are very appropriate and describes how I've been feeling.

I see the bad moon a-rising
I see trouble on the way
I see earthquakes and lightnin'
I see bad times today
Don't go around tonight
Well it's bound to take your life
There's a bad moon on the rise
I hear hurricanes a-blowing
I know the end is coming soon
I fear rivers over flowing
I hear the voice of rage and ruin
Well don't go around tonight
There's a bad moon on the rise, all right
Hope you got your things together
Hope you are quite prepared to die
Looks like we're in for nasty weather
One eye is taken for an eye
Well don't go around tonight
Don't come around tonight

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Democrats to Unveil Court-packing Bill; Expands Supreme Court to 13

Joel B. Pollak 14 Apr 2021

Democrats will reportedly unveil a bill Thursday to pack the Supreme Court by expanding the number of justices from nine to thirteen, with the four new vacancies to be filled immediately by President Joe Biden and the Democrat-controlled Senate.

The Intercept reported Wednesday evening:

Congressional Democrats plan to unveil legislation expanding the size of the Supreme Court on Thursday, according to three congressional sources familiar with the closely held measure.

The bill would add four seats to the high court, bringing the total to 13, from the current 9. …

The bill is led by House Judiciary Committee Chair Jerry Nadler, Subcommittee chair Hank Johnson, and freshman Rep. Mondaire Jones.

In the Senate, the bill is being championed by Ed Markey of Massachusetts.

The proposal comes less than a week after President Biden signed an executive order creating a commission to study the question of whether the Supreme Court should be expanded. The commission is headed by partisan Democrats. However, left-wing Democrats warned that the commission could be used to thwart their desired changes rather than advancing them.

Democrats began talking about packing the Supreme Court after Justce Brett Kavanaugh was confirmed in 2018. Biden once dismissed the idea, but moved to the left on the issue, as he did on many others. He declined to state his position until late in the 2020 presidential campaign, after the confirmation of Justice Amy Coney Barrett, when he proposed the commission.

Expanding the Supreme Court to 13 justices would give liberal justices a nominal 7-6 majority. Congress can set the size of the Supreme Court without a constitutional amendment, though the last president who tried to pack the Supreme Court, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, was opposed by his own party.

His effort is viewed by historians as a crude power grab — but one that ultimately convinced the Court to stop striking down his New Deal legislation and to allow government powers to grow.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/04/14/report-democrats-to-unveil-court-packing-bill-expands-supreme-court-to-13/
Support the USO

Offline skeeter

Steal the White House and radically change the nation with a total six seat majority in both houses of Congress.   

THIS is what an insurrection looks like.

If only the GOP had any balls.

Offline libertybele

Steal the White House and radically change the nation with a total six seat majority in both houses of Congress.   

I prefer a more silent approach; form a coup from within and oust the existing DEM stranglehold.  However there are too many RINO's in our existing gov't for that to happen. The silence of 75+ million voters is deafening.  For good reason, I don't doubt that Big Brother has his eyes and ears on all of us.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Only four?

And even before the Rodents could cover themselves in brown camo with a fake "Commission" to write up phony justifications for a pre-determined result?

They're in a hurry, aren't they?

I wonder how many Rodent voters see the harm?

I wonder how many Rodent voters see the harm, but will vote Rodent again anyway?

I wonder how many Rodent votes they'll have to create out of thin sewage treatment plant influent to steal the next elections?
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

I prefer a more silent approach; form a coup from within and oust the existing DEM stranglehold.  However there are too many RINO's in our existing gov't for that to happen. The silence of 75+ million voters is deafening.  For good reason, I don't doubt that Big Brother has his eyes and ears on all of us.

This is not George Orwell's dystopian instruction manual.

Today's Rodents can monitor all internet and phone traffic with computers and flag the interesting bits for a-holes like Larry Strozk to peruse.

And they will.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline skeeter

The fact is with their 6 out of ~550 seat advantage the slimy rat bastards have thrown the rule book out the window. And the republicans haven’t seemed to notice.

Offline libertybele

Only four?

And even before the Rodents could cover themselves in brown camo with a fake "Commission" to write up phony justifications for a pre-determined result?

They're in a hurry, aren't they?

I wonder how many Rodent voters see the harm?

I wonder how many Rodent voters see the harm, but will vote Rodent again anyway?

I wonder how many Rodent votes they'll have to create out of thin sewage treatment plant influent to steal the next elections?

No worries, they'll continue to transform and destroy our country as they see fit and they don't need to maintain their voting base in order to do so.

Offline Sled Dog

Report: Democrats to Unveil Court-packing Bill; Expands Supreme Court to 13

Joel B. Pollak 14 Apr 2021

Democrats will reportedly unveil a bill Thursday to pack the Supreme Court by expanding the number of justices from nine to thirteen, with the four new vacancies to be filled immediately by President Joe Biden and the Democrat-controlled Senate.

The Intercept reported Wednesday evening:

The proposal comes less than a week after President Biden signed an executive order creating a commission to study the question of whether the Supreme Court should be expanded. The commission is headed by partisan Democrats. However, left-wing Democrats warned that the commission could be used to thwart their desired changes rather than advancing them.

Democrats began talking about packing the Supreme Court after Justce Brett Kavanaugh was confirmed in 2018. Biden once dismissed the idea, but moved to the left on the issue, as he did on many others. He declined to state his position until late in the 2020 presidential campaign, after the confirmation of Justice Amy Coney Barrett, when he proposed the commission.

Expanding the Supreme Court to 13 justices would give liberal justices a nominal 7-6 majority. Congress can set the size of the Supreme Court without a constitutional amendment, though the last president who tried to pack the Supreme Court, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, was opposed by his own party.

His effort is viewed by historians as a crude power grab — but one that ultimately convinced the Court to stop striking down his New Deal legislation and to allow government powers to grow.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/04/14/report-democrats-to-unveil-court-packing-bill-expands-supreme-court-to-13/

Biden is essentially brain dead and has no political ideas.

Biden's ideas are centered around pudding.  The stuff he eats at one end and the stuff he's producing at the other.  It's all pudding to him, now.

Oh, and I believe the public rejection of packing the courts is strong and there might be a Rodent or two who would reject the idea.

Romney would like it, though.   
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 01:36:39 am by Sled Dog »

Offline skeeter

Biden is essentially brain dead and has no political ideas.

Biden's ideas are centered around pudding.  The stuff he eats at one end and the stuff he's producing at the other.  It's all pudding to him, now.
Well done. I haven’t heard put quite so succinctly.

BTW this is exactly why the cranky old fart is so dangerous. A conscious politician would know the  things they’re doing in his name would be a career killer.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 01:43:17 am by skeeter »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I knew it was coming but I am so upset.. 8888crybaby 8888crybaby
Support the USO

Offline LegalAmerican

:bingo:

Well said and we are no longer America.  Banana republic.

Offline Hoodat

There's really nothing that can be done to stop this.

I was about to say that Republicans very well could stop this.  But then I remembered they were Republicans.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

The glass is always half full.  Mitch will compromise and only give them 2 more SCJ's.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline cato potatoe

What are the chances of this making it through a filibuster?  Dumb move.  If the bill is brought for a vote, it's more likely the dems lose control of the House.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
April 15, 2021
Signs of Dem desperation as legislators bypass Biden’s commission and plan to introduce court-packing legislation today
By Thomas Lifson

Why have a group of Congressional Democrats symbolically flipped the bird to “the Presidential Commission on the Supreme Court of the United States” that President Biden created by Executive Order only 6 days ago?  Andrea Widburg has an excellent blog on these pages today on the announcement and its place in the broader plan of the Dems to alter the institutional framework of governance so as to ensure permanent Democrat majorities.

That group of purported “experts” appointed by Biden’s Executive Order was stacked to likely yield a result congenial to expanding court so as to hand a rubber stamp majority to the Dems, as Bloomberg reported:

The commission skews left, with progressives holding a 3:1 ratio to conservatives, according the Ilya Shapiro, of the libertarian Cato Institute think tank. (snip)

The panel also leans heavily on professors, with just a handful of members whose experience isn’t primarily in legal or political academics. Moreover, approximately 80% are graduates or otherwise affiliated with just two schools—Harvard and Yale.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/04/signs_of_dem_desperation_as_legislators_bypass_bidens_commission_and_plan_to_introduce_courtpacking_legislation_today.html
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

1937 Democrats Had the Best Response to Court-Packing
By David Harsanyi
April 13, 2021 6:58 PM

FDR’s Court-packing scheme, wrote the Democrat-controlled Senate Judiciary Committee in 1937, “is a measure which should be so emphatically rejected that its parallel will never again be presented to the free representatives of the free people of America.”

Today, modern progressives, intent on centralizing state power and nullifying constitutional protections for the minority, disagree. After spending four years delegitimizing the Supreme Court, they’ve convinced Joe Biden to create the “Presidential Commission on the Supreme Court,” which is another step in normalizing the idea of packing the Supreme Court. ... National Review
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What are the chances of this making it through a filibuster?  Dumb move.  If the bill is brought for a vote, it's more likely the dems lose control of the House.

That's why there is such a rush to get it done now..they know they will lose one or both Houses on Cap Hill in 2022
Support the USO

Offline Hoodat

1937 Democrats Had the Best Response to Court-Packing

That was at a time when a majority of Democrats opposed fascism and communism.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Turley: Dem Effort to Pack the Court a ‘Hostile Takeover of the Court’

Trent Baker 15 Apr 2021

Thursday on FNC’s “Fox & Friends,” network legal analyst Jonathan Turley weighed in on the Democrats’ push to pack the U.S. Supreme Court. Democrats will reportedly announce a bill Thursday to pack the court by expanding the number of justices from nine to 13.

Turley, noting that President Joe Biden and some liberal “icons” like former Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg have been against court-packing in the past, said the move is a “hostile takeover of the court.”

“This is about as subtle as a B-52 run,” Turley declared. “I mean, it is an astonishing act. It dispenses with any pretense of principle to say raw muscle play. It’s like a hostile takeover of the court. And I don’t really understand the political logic here, but what really concerns me is that this is really a test of principle for Democratic members. I will be watching today to see what senators, what House members step forward and say this is wrong. This is raw court-packing. We can talk about the size of the court. Many of us have talked about expanding the court over the years. This is raw, unadulterated court-packing. It’s always been viewed as wrong. The public has always opposed it in very high numbers. And even as you noted, Joe Biden has opposed it, as have members of the court itself. Some of the very icons that these liberal members revere — as do many of us — people like Justice Ginsburg staunchly opposed this idea.”

“I never thought I would see the day when the House Judiciary chairman would stand up for raw court-packing,” he added. “It’s really breathtaking.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/04/15/turley-dem-effort-to-pack-the-court-a-hostile-takeover-of-the-court/
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Jordan Confronts Nadler On Reported Court Packing Plans; Nadler Pounds Gavel, Refuses to Answer
April 15, 2021

Democratic officials within the U.S. House and the Senate are reportedly preparing legislation to pack the Supreme Court with four new justices.

During a hearing on Wednesday, Ohio GOP Rep. Jim Jordan confronted House Judiciary Chairman Jerrold Nadler on his reported plans to pack the Supreme Court.

Nadler pounded the gavel and refused to answer Jordan’s questions.

WATCH:

more
https://conservativebrief.com/jordan-nadler-38531/
Support the USO