Author Topic: Horrified boy finds poisonous LIVE SNAKE in bag of Aldi lettuce  (Read 777 times)

Offline libertybele

Had it been me opening that bag of lettuce, I probably would have died from a heart attack on the spot.

Horrified boy finds poisonous LIVE SNAKE in bag of Aldi lettuce

A horrified boy from Australia found a baby snake still alive in a bag of lettuce that he bought from Aldi.

Posted online by his mother, the incredible pictures show the pale-headed reptile hidden away in a packet that they bought from their local supermarket in Mosman, Sydney.

Shocked by the discovery, the woman then quickly called local wildlife experts (known as Wires) to retrieve the unexpected guest.

Lesley Kuhn, who posted the photos online, warned others to be vigilant when purchasing packaged lettuce from stores.

She wrote: “Check packaged lettuces carefully. Last night my son found a baby pale-headed snake in with his baby cos lettuce from Aldi.”

In response, Aldi Australia said it was investigating how the snake found its way into the product.

A spokesman told the Sun Online: "We've worked with the customer and the team at Wires to identify the snake's natural habitat, which is certainly not an Aldi store!.....................

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/worldnews/14643459/horrified-boy-finds-poisonous-live-snake-bag-aldi-lettuce/

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline WhatWouldReaganDo

Re: Horrified boy finds poisonous LIVE SNAKE in bag of Aldi lettuce
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 09:22:15 pm »
But was it venomous?

Journalists  *****rollingeyes*****
Down the centuries, you have slurred the meaning of the words, "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty, to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution". These words and the words that follow, were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone, or they mean nothing! - James Tiberius Kirk

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 09:41:58 pm »
But was it venomous?

It was a baby pale-headed snake and yes, they are venomous. 

I will be holding up bags of lettuce in the store and inspecting them carefully before putting them in my cart!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 09:46:04 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2021, 09:58:12 pm »
I had always heard to be aware of spiders in the produce, not snakes.

My BIL got a call from a ship that had just moored, about a snake in the hold. He went down to the docks to check it out. An anaconda was down in a hold full of pipe that had just arrived from South America. So they gassed the entire hold. Later it took 6 longshoremen to carry that snake out.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2021, 10:00:35 pm »
https://australian.museum/learn/animals/reptiles/pale-headed-snake/

Danger to humans

The Pale-headed Snake is a shy but nervous species, and easily agitated if cornered. When disturbed they quickly assume a threat position by holding the head and neck in a tight S-shaped loop, flattening the head and facing the intruder, sometimes with the mouth slightly open. If the intruder comes within reach the snake will strike without hesitation, delivering multiple bites in quick succession. Although there have been no recorded fatalities from this snake, an envenomation can produce some unpleasant symptoms, including severe headache, blurred vision, localized pain, and abnormal bleeding. Medical attention is advised for anyone receiving a bite from this species.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2021, 01:01:40 pm »
Ewww.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2021, 06:18:06 pm »
I'm guessing that it was IN the head of lettuce when picked?

If it was the US I'd have to assume that (b)LM or Aunty Fa was doing some PTT, Product Tampering Terrorism.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2021, 06:27:58 pm »
But was it venomous?

Yeah, that's one of my pet peeves. I don't know how many times I've seen signs out west in parks or lookouts warning about "poisonous" snakes. Apparently, people in the media don't know the proper term either....venomous.

Offline berdie

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2021, 10:18:20 pm »
I don't care if it was a garter snake or a 2 inch copperheadrattlermoccasin...I'd have had a heart attack. I live in a rural area, on a lake. I don't freak out when I find them outside. But, They are not supposed to be in my bag of lettuce! :laugh:

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2021, 10:57:14 pm »
It was a baby pale-headed snake and yes, they are venomous. 
I will be holding up bags of lettuce in the store and inspecting them carefully before putting them in my cart!
@libertybele

Years ago, I was in an upscale restaurant in Dallas, and eating my salad when I saw a large spider in it.  Waiter took it away and brought me soup.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2021, 11:14:44 pm »
@libertybele

Years ago, I was in an upscale restaurant in Dallas, and eating my salad when I saw a large spider in it.  Waiter took it away and brought me soup.
Spider soup?

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2021, 11:19:39 pm »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2021, 12:07:38 am »
@goatprairie
@libertybele
@bigheadfred

About two years ago, we were in a Mexican restaurant.  I ordered a Margarita.  It was brought to me in a beer stein glass.  I picked it up and it exploded with a loud sound making people look around.  I first taught I had glass on the front of me and down my front, then realized it was ice cubes.  The glass had split exactly across the glass, smooth, and it split about three inches from the bottom; it was the bottom part that slammed down on the table.

Saw a waiter, got him there and he was shocked.  He said, I'll get the manager.  The manager came and he and Bob discussed how the beer glass could have exploded - he also gave me a towel to soak some of the water on my jeans. Luckily, they were old jeans.  They decided the bar people picked up the beer glass while it was hot out of the washer, put the cold drink in it and took it straight to the table.  When I picked it up, that was the crucial movement that made it explode.  The manager said he had never seen this happen and would put the separated glass on his desk to prove it did happen.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 09:52:32 am by Victoria33 »

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2021, 12:52:28 pm »
@goatprairie
@libertybele
@bigheadfred

About two years ago, we were in a Mexican restaurant.  I ordered a Margarita.  It was brought to me in a beer stein glass.  I picked it up and it exploded with a loud sound making people look around.  I first taught I had glass on the front of me and down my front, then realized it was ice cubes.  The glass had split exactly across the glass, smooth, and it split about three inches from the bottom; it was the bottom part that slammed down on the table.

Saw a waiter, got him there and he was shocked.  He said, I'll get the manager.  The manager came and he and Bob discussed how the beer glass could have exploded - he also gave me a towel to soak some of the water on my jeans. Luckily, they were old jeans.  They decided the bar people picked up the beer glass while it was hot out of the washer, put the cold drink in it and took it straight to the table.  When I picked it up, that was the crucial movement that made it explode.  The manager said he had never seen this happen and would put the separated glass on his desk to prove it did happen.
What kind of peppers did you have in the drink to make it explode. That sounds like it would be a great party trick.