Author Topic: WATCH: U.N. Ambassador Linda Thomas-Greenfield Tells Al Sharpton Group: ‘White Supremacy’ in America  (Read 261 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WATCH: U.N. Ambassador Linda Thomas-Greenfield Tells Al Sharpton Group: ‘White Supremacy’ in America’s ‘Founding Documents and Principles’

Joel B. Pollak 14 Apr 2021

U.N. Ambassador Linda Thomas-Greenfield told Al Sharpton’s National Action Network (NAN) on Wednesday that “the original sin of slavery weaved white supremacy into our founding documents and principles.”

Thomas-Greenfield addressed the NAN’s 30th annual summit, praising Sharpton for a “lifetime of activism” and thanking him for “never backing down.” She did not mention Sharpton’s history of antisemitic, racist, and homophobic rhetoric, or his role in inciting riots against Jews.

Instead, Thomas-Greenfield recited a familiar theme from Critical Race Theory, which holds that America was founded upon white supremacy, and that racism infects all of America’s institutions as a result.

In her prepared remarks, Thomas-Greenfield said:

I spoke on the International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination. That day – and commemoration – was personal for me. So, I told the UN some personal stories. I told them about how my great-grandmother Mary Thomas, born in 1865, was the child of a slave. Just three generations back from me. I grew up in the segregated South. I was bussed to a segregated school. On weekends, the Klan burned crosses on lawns in our neighborhood.

I shared these stories and others to acknowledge, on the international stage, that I have personally experienced one of America’s greatest imperfections. I have seen for myself how the original sin of slavery weaved white supremacy into our founding documents and principles. But I also shared these stories to offer up an insight, a simple truth I’ve learned over the years: Racism is not the problem of the person who experiences it.

Those of us who experience racism cannot, and should not, internalize it, despite the impact it can have on our everyday lives. Racism is the problem of the racist. And it is the problem of the society that produces the racist. And in today’s world, that is every society.

In America, that takes many forms. It’s the white supremacy that led to the senseless killings of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery, and so many other Black Americans. It’s the spike in hate crimes over the past three years – against Latino Americans, Sikh and Muslim Americans, Jewish Americans, and immigrants. And it’s the bullying, discrimination, brutality, and violence that Asian Americans face everyday, especially since the outbreak of COVID-19. That’s why the Biden-Harris administration has made racial equity a top priority across the entire government. And I’m making it a real focus of my tenure at the U.S. Mission to the United Nations.

But when I say racism is a problem in every society, that means looking beyond America’s borders too. Across four decades and four continents in the foreign service, I experienced racism in countless international contexts. From overly invasive searches at airports, to police racially profiling my son, to being made to wait behind white patrons for a table at a restaurant. Racism was and continues to be a daily challenge abroad. And for millions, it’s more than a challenge. It’s deadly.

more w/video
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/04/14/watch-u-n-ambassador-linda-thomas-greenfield-tells-al-sharpton-group-white-supremacy-in-americas-founding-documents-and-principles/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34