Author Topic: GOP Rep. Kevin Brady won't seek reelection  (Read 404 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP Rep. Kevin Brady won't seek reelection
« on: April 14, 2021, 03:18:45 pm »
GOP Rep. Kevin Brady won't seek reelection

Rep. Kevin Brady (Texas), the top Republican on the House Ways and Means Committee, announced Wednesday that he will not seek reelection next year after serving since 1997.

Brady is term-limited in his role as the top Republican on the powerful panel with jurisdiction over the tax code, meaning he wouldn't be able to keep the position in the next session of Congress. He previously served as the committee's chairman from 2015 to 2019, including while Republicans enacted their 2017 tax overhaul under former President Trump.

"This term, my 13th, will be the last," Brady said during remarks before the Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce Economic Outlook Conference.

He acknowledged that the House GOP's internal rule limiting members to six consecutive years of committee leadership at a time played a role in his decision to retire.

"Did that factor in? Honestly, some," Brady said.

"But as I see it, our committee leader term limits ensure lawmakers who work hard and effectively have the opportunity to lead, to bring fresh ideas to our committee work. In my view, it’s a good thing. And the great news is that our Ways & Means Committee is incredibly talented. I’m confident about its future," he added.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/548169-rep-kevin-brady-wont-seek-reelection
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34