Author Topic: Stupid is as Stupid Votes  (Read 286 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Stupid is as Stupid Votes
« on: April 14, 2021, 02:37:09 pm »
April 14, 2021
Stupid is as Stupid Votes
By Rick Fuentes

If congressional resolutions had a voice, House Bill 1 (HB1), at 30 pounds a considerably obese tome, would let slip the parts usually kept at bay from the electorate.  The For the People Act of 2021 is the antonymic title for the most openly unconstitutional and unpopular piece of legislation ever to pass muster in the House of Representatives.  It is intended to destroy the process of fair elections in America, turn the watchdog Federal Election Commission into a partisan body, and forestall any state challenges by remanding them to the activist 9th District Court for the District of Columbia.

Passed by the 117th House on March 3, 2021, all 800-plus pages of HB1, redesignated Senate Bill 1 (SB1), made a hard landing in the well of the Senate on St. Patrick’s Day, where it is now being reviewed in hearings before the Committee on Rules and Administration.  So long as the Republicans hang tough, it gridlocks and falls upon the sword of the filibuster.

During the Trump presidency, there were five Republican wings within the House and Senate, ranging from those loyal to Trumpism, such as Jordan and Gaetz, to the most Trump-skeptical, Murkowski, Collins, and Romney.  Diverse allegiances and stylistic differences with the chief executive encouraged bickering, internecine rivalries, and splintering on issues that demanded consensus.  Cloistering in blocs and factions kept them from uniting in the interest of their constituents. 

Since the Dems assumed control of the three branches, the Constitution has been repeatedly annotated by presidential executive orders. Paper-thin congressional majorities are breaking the back of the Treasury and indenturing generations through the process of budget reconciliation.  The extremism of the Biden regime now appears to have accomplished that which the Trump presidency could not -- unanimity among Republicans and an opportunity to repatriate the working class.

In a refreshing turn of events, Chuck Schumer is now the majority leader suffering dissension within his own ranks.  Obstructing the partisan path to passage of SB1 are two Democrat holdouts, Joe Manchin and Krysten Sinema.  Both senators have vowed that they will not cast their lot behind any motion or process that will erode the filibuster or stonewall debate.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/04/stupid_is_as_stupid_votes.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Re: Stupid is as Stupid Votes
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 05:38:31 pm »
We need a Constitutional amendment limiting the weight of bills passed to the President to weigh not more than 500 grams, printed double-spaced on standard weight legal paper.

Or, better, we need a Line Item Veto amendment that would allow a responsible executive to hack out all the garbage pork.   

If Manschin and Senema won't pass HR1, I'm sure Romney, Murkowski and Collins would be glad to give it a push.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 06:18:54 pm »
We need a Constitutional amendment limiting the weight of bills passed to the President to weigh not more than 500 grams, printed double-spaced on standard weight legal paper.

Or, better, we need a Line Item Veto amendment that would allow a responsible executive to hack out all the garbage pork.   

If Manschin and Senema won't pass HR1, I'm sure Romney, Murkowski and Collins would be glad to give it a push.

If those two refuse to vote to get rid of the filibuster, then three RINOs won't be enough to get to 60 votes.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2021, 01:27:55 am »
If those two refuse to vote to get rid of the filibuster, then three RINOs won't be enough to get to 60 votes.

Oh, I was saying that if those two wouldn't support ending the filibuster, Romney would be glad to help.   So would Collins and Murkowski.  They're all on their last terms, they have no problems playing McStain the Hanoi Hilton Traitor Game, too.

I guess I didn't make that clear.   I'll take the fault on that.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2021, 02:39:00 am »
Oh, I was saying that if those two wouldn't support ending the filibuster, Romney would be glad to help.   So would Collins and Murkowski.  They're all on their last terms, they have no problems playing McStain the Hanoi Hilton Traitor Game, too.

I guess I didn't make that clear.   I'll take the fault on that.

I don't think the usual suspect RINOs will cross the line on this one.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2021, 07:22:15 pm »
I don't think the usual suspect RINOs will cross the line on this one.

Collins won't care.
Murkowsky might decide it's worth it just because.
Romney's favorite Senator is that Traitor McCain, and he'll do it in a heartbeat.

There are others who might decide that they got their pension, they're retiring anyway, so why not? 

The Senators have mostly lost the concept of honor so don't expect honorable behavior from them.   They could easily throw out the filibuster.

Hell, they might even do it on the theory that eliminating the filibuster on judges helped Trump, so maybe it's a good idea.

They can not be trusted, not any more.