Author Topic: Republican Senators Eviscerate Biden's Decision to Withdraw Troops From Afghanistan  (Read 551 times)

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Republican Senators Eviscerate Biden's Decision to Withdraw Troops From Afghanistan

Joe Biden announced on Tuesday that his administration is planning to execute a full withdrawal of American troops in Afghanistan. The president plans on a September 11 withdrawal conclusion date, which would mark the 20th anniversary of the terrorist attacks that occurred in 2001.

Senate Republicans reacted to the unexpected news, overwhelmingly deeming the president’s decision shortsighted. Senate Armed Services Committee ranking member Jim Inhofe (R-OK) said that the move is “reckless and dangerous,” and that it uses an “arbitrary date” for withdrawal.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/reaganmccarthy/2021/04/13/gop-senators-slam-political-decision-on-afghanistan-n2587855

THIS is what the RINOs prevented Trump from doing, and they had no good reason then, either.

We have no business in Trashcanistan if our troops are not allowed to win battles and kill enemies.  We should have devastated the place 20 years ago, told them "you don't want us to come back", and left them to their fate.

If there was another attack, we should have poisoned their crop lands, all three acres, with dioxin and Co-60 killed their camels and destroyed whatever was left of their infrastructure, with the promise that they would no longer be allowed to have nice things ever again.

Now Biden is taking orders from Iran, see what happens?

McConnell says:
“Precipitously withdrawing U.S. forces from Afghanistan is a grave mistake. It is a retreat in the face of an enemy that has not yet been vanquished and abdication of American leadership,” McConnell said on the Senate floor. "A reckless pullback like this would abandon our Afghan, regional, and NATO partners in a shared fight against terrorists that we have not yet won. It will also specifically abandon the women of Afghanistan, whose individual freedoms and human rights will be imperiled."

Why hasn't it be won, ()itch?   

Only because our troops were not allowed to win, just like in Viet Nam.   We should not be committing troops to battle to lose.

Period.

The ROE should always be simple:   Go in, kick ass, win, let them bury their wounded and dead, not our problem.  Then go home.   The enemy gets to fix their damage without our help.

It's been time to quit Trashcanistan since before Bush Boy had his second term.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 01:22:08 am by Sled Dog »
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline skeeter

They really don't want to lose those defense contractor contributions.

Offline Sled Dog

They really don't want to lose those defense contractor contributions.
888high58888

What you said.

Exactly what you said.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline LMAO

I agree with Biden on this
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline corbe

I agreed with Trump when he proposed drawdowns in all 3 of these theaters~Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria.  The Pentagon is peeing on bidet's leg just like they peed on Trumps.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline dfwgator

The War Party strikes back.

Offline dfwgator

I agree with Biden on this

He ain't gonna do it.

Offline Sled Dog

He ain't gonna do it.

Sure he will.

Iran wants the US military away from their border.

Russia wants the US military to get farther away.

China doesn't want the US military in a region they have imperial ambitions towards.

The only party that won't get what they want from this is the Democrats, who want American military men killed.