Author Topic: Fed Funding Fantasy: EV Charging  (Read 193 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Fed Funding Fantasy: EV Charging
« on: April 13, 2021, 10:31:53 pm »
The Post & Email by David Wojick 2/13/2021

Biden wants the Federal Government to build 500,000 EV charging stations, at an estimated cost of around $178 billion. How might that work? No good way is how. This is truly a Fed funding fantasy.

The Feds build big stuff like post offices, federal buildings, military bases, flood control dams and border walls. They do not build half a million EV charging stations, competing with the private sector, but just for fun let’s consider how they might try.

The simplest way is to just do it like a post office. The government buys the land, builds the station and the operators are federal employees. We create a new agency, say the EV Charging Administration (EVCA), probably in GSA. It has a million full time employees, just like the Army. Oh wait, the Army only has 800,000.

More: https://www.thepostemail.com/2021/04/13/fed-funding-fantasy-ev-charging/

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Re: Fed Funding Fantasy: EV Charging
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 01:08:43 am »
I'm cool with that.

The fees charged for using the system should be amortized to recover the investment in less than five years, paid solely by the users of the service.

Which means not me and my gas-hog Chevy Tahoe, or anyone else driving a Prius Repeller.

I see no reason why it should be operated by government stooges.  Just what we need, every charging station with it's own black lavatory attendant.   White people won't be allowed to apply for the jobs, of course, and if they do, they won't get hired anyway.   That's how government service works today.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 01:10:28 am by Sled Dog »
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 02:43:50 am »
Assuming this is even feasible (hint: it's not), the easiest way to do it would be to make them all fully self-service. Build it. Automate it. Done.

Your main expense then is maintenance.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2021, 05:48:54 pm »
Assuming this is even feasible (hint: it's not), the easiest way to do it would be to make them all fully self-service. Build it. Automate it. Done.

Your main expense then is maintenance.

Sounds like something the companies selling those golf-carts could get together to finance and pass the cost along to the people buying their cars.

I don't see why taxpayers should be molested for this.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.