Author Topic: Biden tells Putin to back down over Ukraine: President tells Russian leader to 'de-escalate tensions  (Read 593 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden tells Putin to back down over Ukraine: President tells Russian leader to 'de-escalate tensions' in phone call after Moscow told America to keep warships away 'for their own good'

President Joe Biden called Vladimir Putin on Tuesday to ask his Russian counterpart to de-escalate its military situation and request a peace summit
    Biden made it 'clear that the United States will act firmly in defense of its national interests in response to Russia’s actions,' the White House said
    He proposed a summit in a third country in coming months
    Biden brought up a number of topics in the conversation, including cyber intrusions, election interference, and Russia's growing military escalation
    Russian Deputy Foreign Minister warned US against deploying warships in the Black Sea 'for their own good'
    Comes amid massive build-up of Russian forces along Ukraine border, with 83,000 thought to be deployed 
    Destroyers USS Donald Cook and USS Roosevelt are expected to arrive in Black Sea tomorrow and Thursday
    Washington and NATO have thrown 'unwavering' support behind Kiev and called on Moscow to stand down
    Experts say troop build-up may be designed as a 'test' for President Biden after he took a tough line with Putin

By Emily Goodin, Senior U.S. Political Reporter and Lydia Catling and Chris Pleasance For Dailymail.com and Will Stewart In Moscow

Published: 11:37 EDT, 13 April 2021 | Updated: 12:55 EDT, 13 April 2021

President Joe Biden dramatically raised the stakes with Russia on Tuesday with a call to Vladimir Putin where he asked his counterpart to de-escalate its military situation in the Ukraine and requested a peace summit amid rising tensions between the two nations.

Biden made it 'clear that the United States will act firmly in defense of its national interests in response to Russia’s actions,' the White House said in a statement as Moscow demanded Washington stay out of the Crimea.

The president, in the call, proposed a summit meeting in a third country in coming months to discuss a range of issues between the two countries. It is now on Putin to respond.

The call comes amid a surge of cease-fire violations in eastern Ukraine, where Russian-supported separatists and Ukrainian forces have been locked in a conflict since Moscow's 2014 annexation of Ukraine's Crimean Peninsula.

Biden brought up a number of topics in the conversation, including cyber intrusions such as the SolarWinds hack, which Moscow denies; election interference, which Moscow denies; and Russia's growing military escalation.

In the call, the president 'emphasized the United States’ unwavering commitment to Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity,' the White House said in a statement.

He also voiced 'concerns over the sudden Russian military build-up in occupied Crimea and on Ukraine’s borders, and called on Russia to de-escalate tensions.'

This is the second known call between the two leaders since Biden took office. In March, he invited Putin to attend his climate summit later this summer.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9466707/Biden-warns-Putin-act-firmly-defense-Ukraine.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Maybe he can tell Vladimir Putin his corn pop story?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Maybe he can tell Vladimir Putin his corn pop story?

C;mon man.  Corn Pop was a bad dude! Biden told Putin "you may cut me man, but I’m going to wrap this chain around your head.”

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline dfwgator

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

That's what most of the world is doing these days anytime Biden opens his mouth.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I wonder how many times his keepers had to tell him who he was calling and why he was calling Putin and what exactly to say.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
What? Has Hunter got his board position back?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Putin is amused.    He already had an agreement with Obama to steal Ukraine again and fully expects that agreement to be met in Obama's third term.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline mountaineer

I wonder how many times his keepers had to tell him who he was calling and why he was calling Putin and what exactly to say.
"Who's Pootin'? Well, tell them not to eat so much cabbage! What? Russia. Like the Brady Bunch? Russia, Russia, Russia, that little girl was really cute."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

Biden tells Putin to back down over Ukraine

Putin:

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Hoodat

Peskov talks about the proposal to hold a meeting between Putin and Biden in Europe

15:06 14.04.2021 (Updated: 19:03 14.04.2021)

MOSCOW, Apr 14 - RIA Novosti.

It is too early to talk about the specific meeting place of Russian and U.S. Presidents Vladimir Putin and Joe Biden, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said.

He noted that the two leaders had spoken the day before "about one of the European countries" and "one of the third countries."

He stressed that "further development of the proposal of the meeting in one of the European countries is possible only taking into account the analysis of the real situation and the next steps" of Washington.

The day before, Biden called Putin and offered to hold a bilateral summit in a third country.  .  .

https://ria.ru/20210414/vaktsina-1728228215.html

The official Russian response from Peskov is that the Biden needs to start acting right and kiss some Russian ass before they agree to a meeting.  Meanwhile, preparation for the Ukrainian invasion will continue unabated.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-