Author Topic: U.S. Calls for Pause on Johnson & Johnson Vaccine After Clotting Cases  (Read 1648 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

U.S. Calls for Pause on Johnson & Johnson Vaccine After Clotting Cases
MSN, Apr 13, 2021, NY Times

WASHINGTON — Federal health agencies on Tuesday will call for an immediate pause in use of Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose coronavirus vaccine after six recipients in the United States developed a rare disorder involving blood clots within about two weeks of vaccination, officials briefed on the decision said.

All six recipients were women between the ages of 18 and 48. One woman died and a second woman in Nebraska has been hospitalized in critical condition, the officials said.

Nearly seven million people in the United States have received Johnson & Johnson shots so far, and roughly nine million more doses have been shipped out to the states, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

While the move is framed as a recommendation to health practitioners in the states, the federal government is expected to pause administration of the vaccine at all federally run vaccination sites. Federal officials expect that state health officials will take that as a strong signal to do the same.

Scientists with the Food and Drug Administration and C.D.C. will jointly examine possible links between the vaccine and the disorder and determine whether the F.D.A. should continue to authorize use of the vaccine for all adults or limit the authorization. An emergency meeting of the C.D.C.’s outside advisory committee has been scheduled for Wednesday, officials said.

An F.D.A. spokeswoman declined to comment.

More: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-calls-for-pause-on-johnson-and-johnson-vaccine-after-clotting-cases/ar-BB1fB8wg?ocid=ientp

All six recipients were women between the ages of 18 and 48.

I'd start with hormone birth control pills ...

Online mountaineer

Yes, apparently the chance of clotting already is substantial with birth control pills. The J&J vaccine just multiplies it, but only 6 cases of blood clots out of 7 million doses isn't that great, is it?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Yes, apparently the chance of clotting already is substantial with birth control pills. The J&J vaccine just multiplies it, but only 6 cases of blood clots out of 7 million doses isn't that great, is it?

I'm afraid to answer this question @mountaineer  .... any time I bring up numbers, I get whacked with an anti-vaxer bat.   :laugh:

Hopefully it won't take J&J long to connect these dots.

Online mountaineer

I honestly don't know what to believe anymore about the various vaccines. They're dangerous or they're not, they protect people against the virus or they don't ...  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Great. I was about to sign up for this one and now they are going to force us into the two shot mRNA vaccines—prolonging the crisis into the summer.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline LadyLiberty

That's a theory worth looking into. 

Offline PeteS in CA

At this point it is not known whether the J&J vaccine caused the clots. It's 6 people who had clots out of nearly 7 million people who have received the J&J vaccine. What is the normal rate of this kind of clot among the general population? I haven't seen that number in any of the reports I've seen about this. Weird question: IF the 6-in-7-million "rate" for J&J recipients chances to be lower than the rate in the general population, could it be argued that the J&J vaccine is somewhat protective against clots of this type?

At a more general level, the FDA is tracking all "adverse event" reports for all the approved vaccines. This is normal, the Phase 4 test; it is also normal for something being used under Emergency Use Authorization. That an adverse event occurs and is reported does not mean the adverse event was caused by the vaccine, only that repeated events of the same type will be investigated.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline PeteS in CA

At this point it is not known whether the J&J vaccine caused the clots. It's 6 people who had clots out of nearly 7 million people who have received the J&J vaccine. What is the normal rate of this kind of clot among the general population? I haven't seen that number in any of the reports I've seen about this. Weird question: IF the 6-in-7-million "rate" for J&J recipients chances to be lower than the rate in the general population, could it be argued that the J&J vaccine is somewhat protective against clots of this type?

So reality has become weird:

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2021/04/a-vaccination-pause-that-seems-senseless-and-harmful.php

A VACCINATION PAUSE THAT SEEMS SENSELESS AND HARMFUL

But the decision by the FDA and CDC to recommend a pause in the administering of the J&J vaccine seems like an unforced error. According to the joint statement of these two agencies, 6.8 million doses of this vaccine have been administered in the U.S. Six people who have received the vaccine (via a one time shot) have reported experiencing a rare and severe type of blood clot associated with strokes.
Moreover, according to Johns Hopkins Medicine, five out of a million people experience this rare blood clot every year. Thus, one-in-a-million might overstate the extent to which the J&J vaccine has produced the clot.

I don’t understand how the FDA/CDC recommendation can be justified. The effects of the pause will be (1) to slow down the effort to vaccinate all Americans who want to be vaccinated and (2) to cause fewer Americans to want to be vaccinated, due to unjustified fear of serious side effects.

In response to criticism, the FDA says the pause in administering J&J’s vaccine will last “a matter of days,” assuming findings favorable to a resumption. ...

So the clot occurrence rate among J&J vaccine recipients is slightly less than 1 in a million, while the rate for the general population is 5 in a million. Cue Rod Serling.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Great. I was about to sign up for this one and now they are going to force us into the two shot mRNA vaccines—prolonging the crisis into the summer.

Are you a woman between 18 and 48?

Offline libertybele

How many deaths from the vaccines are not being reported.  How many side effects aren't being reported?

I watched the video  --  https://seed167.bitchute.com/BFwpmlvkLsJY/Dccv1kgGBBLl.mp4   I think it should raise concern. Again, I've also heard from a couple of people in the medical field who will not get it as the vaccines were rolled out way too quickly.

CDC investigating death possibly connected to Johnson & Johnson vaccine

The death of a woman who received the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine is under investigation by federal health authorities as part of a broader probe into potential "adverse side effects" from the vaccine.

Virginia State Vaccination Coordinator Danny Avula released a statement on Tuesday that confirmed the March death is being investigated by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention over a potential link to the vaccine.

The Virginia death was reported to the CDC’s Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System, Avula said........

https://www.foxnews.com/health/health-authorities-investigating-death-johnson-johnson-vaccine
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Which raises the concerns with the vaccines from the onset; anyone who has reactions to other medications should not get the vaccines.  For some reason, that first warning shot has been ignored.

How is one to know if the vaccines will interact with certain meds or meds that some people are taking. It may trigger a reaction with someone taking a medication and not trigger a reaction in someone else taking the same medication.  Who truly knows? Testing has not been comprehensive enough.

So even IF it turns out that those who are on birth control (which is quite a lot) have a higher clot reaction to the vaccine, what is it about the J&J vaccine that is different than the Pfeizer or Moderna that is causing clotting?

Right now the focus is on the J&J vaccine and no reports of any side effect from the other vaccines?  B.S.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Are you a woman between 18 and 48?
No, but I live in a state that just decided to follow the "recommendation" and suspend all administration of this vaccine until further notice.

The local pharmacies are using J&J. There are a few county mass vaccination sites but they're using Moderna, which I'm hesitant to get because 1) the side effects are pretty strong and 2) I am not eager to wait almost two months just to be able to do the things I used to be allowed to do, provided, of course, they don't all get canceled again. The J&J side effects, from what I've understood so far, have been fewer than the Pfizer shot, which in turn is less than Moderna's. I have a good enough immune system that the one-shot should suffice for me.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 12:35:45 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

No, but I live in a state that just decided to follow the "recommendation" and suspend all administration of this vaccine until further notice.

The local pharmacies are using J&J. There are a few county mass vaccination sites but they're using Moderna, which I'm hesitant to get because 1) the side effects are pretty strong and 2) I am not eager to wait almost two months just to be able to do the things I used to be allowed to do, provided, of course, they don't all get canceled again. The J&J side effects, from what I've understood so far, have been fewer than the Pfizer shot, which in turn is less than Moderna's. I have a good enough immune system that the one-shot should suffice for me.

I had higher expectations for the J&J vaccine thinking that the one dose would of course be more palatable with less side effects, but it's turning out that all the vaccines have some serious side effects.  :shrug:

Offline PeteS in CA

If you really want to know how J&J (and AZ) differs from Pfizer and Moderna, this is a decent starting place:

The Pros and Cons of Different COVID Vaccine Technologies Explained

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/reboot/pros-and-cons-different-covid-vaccine-technologies-explained-169291

Each vaccine aims to use a slightly different approach to prepare your immune system to recognise and fight SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.

However, we can group these technologies into five main types. Some technology is tried and trusted. Some technology has never before been used in a commercial vaccine for humans.

As we outline in our recent paper, each technology has its pros and cons.

1. DNA/RNA-based

DNA and RNA vaccines use fragments of genetic material made in the lab. These fragments code for a part of the virus (such as its spike protein). After the vaccine is injected, your body uses instructions in the DNA/RNA to make copies of this virus part (or antigen). Your body recognises these and mounts an immune response, ready to protect you the next time you encounter the virus.
2. Virus vectors

These vaccines use a virus, often weakened and incapable of causing disease itself, to deliver a virus antigen into the body. The virus’ ability to infect cells, express large amount of antigen and in turn trigger a strong immune response make these vaccines promising.

Examples of viruses used as vectors include vaccinia virus (used in the first ever vaccine, against smallpox) and adenovirus (a common cold virus).
3. Inactivated

Inactivated vaccines are a tried and trusted method of vaccination. It’s the technology used in the vaccine against poliovirus and in some types of flu vaccines. Inactivated vaccines contain viruses treated with heat, chemicals, or radiation so they cannot replicate, but can still trigger an immune response.
4. Live-attenuated virus

Live-attenuated vaccines are among the most successful existing vaccine strategies, already used to protect against measles and polio. These contain virus weakened in the lab. The virus is still viable (live) but cannot cause disease. After vaccination, the viruses in these vaccines grow and replicate, stimulating an excellent immune response.
5. Protein subunit

Subunit vaccines do not contain live components of the virus, but are made from purified pieces of the virus (protein antigens) that trigger an immune response. Again, this is an existing technology, used for instance in hepatitis B vaccines.

Pfizer's and Moderna's are mRNA type vaccines. The mRNA is used in cell's ribosomes to produce proteins which the body's immune system recognize as foreign and produce antibodies against the proteins.

J&J's is a virus vector type vaccine, a different technology that acts in a different way.

Right now the focus is on the J&J vaccine and no reports of any side effect from the other vaccines?  B.S.

The test data for all three vaccines can be found on the Internet, if your question is serious rather than argumentive and rhetorical. The side effects for all three are published and discussed in that data. There are many posts around TBR by TBR members speaking of the side effects they've experienced. If you're on FB you've probably also seen posts by some of your FB friends about their experiences, as have I. Have you not seen any such TBR or social media posts?

Offline PeteS in CA

Silicon Valley pharmacies are using one or more of the three vaccines. The Safeway near me has just J&J, which I assume is currently suspended. The pharmacy at which I signed up has Pfizer (first dose in a couple of weeks). I think Mrs. PeteS and my younger daughter received their first dose of Moderna today (it actually was Pfizer) through their employer, a health foundation similar to Kaiser. I'm not convinced vaccination is necessary for any of us (we've had and recovered from Covid), but our health plans cover it and there are other reasons it'll be useful.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 06:55:24 pm by PeteS in CA »

Online mountaineer

'Weird Alex' Pareene
@pareene
I'm no public health expert, but from what I've seen the clotting issue needs study. But since it only affected women, the right move would've been for the FDA to declare J+J the "Dudes Only" vaccine and then print t-shirts that say "It Takes a Real Man to Handle This Johnson"
9:55 AM · Apr 13, 2021

:laugh:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Still pondering why ANYONE would allow themselves to be injected with an unknown substance of ANY make to ward off a virus with a 99+% recovery rate.

*hmmmm*
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PeteS in CA

Still pondering why ANYONE would allow themselves to be injected with an unknown substance of ANY make to ward off a virus with a 99+% recovery rate.

*hmmmm*

1. The vaccines approved for use in the US are in no sense, "unknown substances".

2. Many who have recovered did so after significant hospital stays and lengthy recovery after release. Myself being one. Covid is much less trivial than you make it out to be.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

That comes out to slightly less than 0.0001%, 1/10,000 of 1 percent.  For this they "paused" (stopped, really) the vaccinations for a segment of the population that has a 99.99% survival rate for COVID.

Journos and politicians hate pocket calculators.  Look for Twatter and Bookface to ban them.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
1. The vaccines approved for use in the US are in no sense, "unknown substances".

They are certainly unknown to me and, I strongly suspect, 99+% of other people as well.

2. Many who have recovered did so after significant hospital stays and lengthy recovery after release. Myself being one. Covid is much less trivial than you make it out to be.

So you say. I remain unconvinced.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PeteS in CA

They are certainly unknown to me and, I strongly suspect, 99+% of other people as well.

From https://blackdoctor.org/these-are-all-the-ingredients-of-pfizers-covid-vaccine/ :

Ingredients of Pfizer’s COVID Vaccine
mRNA
Lipids (including ((4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-6,1-diyl)bis(2-hexyldecanoate), 2 [(polyethylene glycol)-2000]-N,N-ditetradecylacetamide, 1,2-Distearoyl-sn-glycero-3- phosphocholine, and cholesterol)
Potassium chloride
Monobasic potassium phosphate
Sodium chloride
Dibasic sodium phosphate dehydrate
Sucrose

It took me 5 seconds or less to find that using DDG. You could do the same for Moderna or J&J.

So you say. I remain unconvinced.

I was speaking of my own experience.

*****rollingeyes***** Did I lie about spending two weeks in the hospital?!

*****rollingeyes***** Did I lie about having been on forced oxygen?!

*****rollingeyes***** Did I lie about it taking 2-3 months to recover full lung capacity, full strength, and full endurance?

*****rollingeyes***** Did I lie about my friend's wife having been on a ventilator?

*****rollingeyes***** Did I lie about my friend's wife also having been in an assisted living facility due to Covid dementia (and probably recovery from Covid pneumonia)?

Reality is that Covid is not just an extra unpleasant cold or flu.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
From https://blackdoctor.org/these-are-all-the-ingredients-of-pfizers-covid-vaccine/ :

Ingredients of Pfizer’s COVID Vaccine
mRNA
Lipids (including ((4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-6,1-diyl)bis(2-hexyldecanoate), 2 [(polyethylene glycol)-2000]-N,N-ditetradecylacetamide, 1,2-Distearoyl-sn-glycero-3- phosphocholine, and cholesterol)
Potassium chloride
Monobasic potassium phosphate
Sodium chloride
Dibasic sodium phosphate dehydrate
Sucrose

It took me 5 seconds or less to find that using DDG. You could do the same for Moderna or J&J.

I was speaking of my own experience.

*****rollingeyes***** Did I lie about spending two weeks in the hospital?!

*****rollingeyes***** Did I lie about having been on forced oxygen?!

*****rollingeyes***** Did I lie about it taking 2-3 months to recover full lung capacity, full strength, and full endurance?

*****rollingeyes***** Did I lie about my friend's wife having been on a ventilator?

*****rollingeyes***** Did I lie about my friend's wife also having been in an assisted living facility due to Covid dementia (and probably recovery from Covid pneumonia)?

I have not said that you lied about anything but I strongly suspect that you are trusting the opinions of others as to the actual cause of all that.  I sincerely hope and pray for the best possible outcomes for you and your wife.

Reality is that Covid is not just an extra unpleasant cold or flu.

IMHO COVID-19 is a construct of the Chinese government purposefully deployed (read biological attack) for the primary purpose of getting rid of Donald Trump as president of the United States and weakening the economies of the entire world as a side benefit. 

You are entirely free to believe whatever you like but I am not required to agree with it.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 09:48:00 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

I don't understand why they stopped the J&J shot for everyone.  I can see stopping it for women on birth control pills, but not everyone.

Who'd J&J piss off?