Author Topic: Flake: Trump ‘Plays Well to the Base, But It’s a Shrinking Base’  (Read 1205 times)

Offline Victoria33

(I think KaySick was a Representative, not a Senator.  But who really cares about that Jackalope?)
@Cyber Liberty

John Kasich balanced the US budget TWICE. We have not had a balanced budget since he left. 

Offline dfwgator

According to our very own in-house expert, the tweets were worse than mean; they were "picayune and presumptuous".   888mouth

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

John Kasich balanced the US budget TWICE. We have not had a balanced budget since he left. 

You could say the exact same thing of Bill Clinton.  And 1/535th of Congress had no such power to balance anything.  He voted for the budgets, yay.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Victoria33

You could say the exact same thing of Bill Clinton.  And 1/535th of Congress had no such power to balance anything.  He voted for the budgets, yay.
@Cyber Liberty
Evidently, you do not know what Kasich did. I know because I followed what he did when he was doing it.  Read below:
(my red)

"As a Republican member of Congress for nine two-year terms (1983–2001), Kasich became known for his commitment to a balanced budget and reduced government spending.  Starting in 1989, he prepared his own alternative government budgets and submitted them to the House. After the 1994 election, in which Republicans took majority control of the House, he became chairman of the Committee on the Budget."

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
According to our very own in-house expert, the tweets were worse than mean; they were "picayune and presumptuous".

I wasn't putting a limiter on the behavior (tweets only). But if you think tweeting photoshopped pictures of other candidates picking their nose isn't P&P, more power to ya. I actually had to agree with Rino Jeb Bush once when when called Trump a "jerk". DJT lacked any suavities and that trend continues to this day.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 04:45:35 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Quote:
We’ve got to appeal to a broader electorate.

They are getting more devious in hiding what they mean.  In this quote they speak of broader electorate, translated means compromise to democrats who win by refusing to compromise on anything.  Trumps Shrinking base means they feel they are gaining ground against Republicans by intolerance, the abuse of the media accomplishes and severe intolerant purging of Conservative/Republicans where ever they can in government.  The devils is in the details and the devil owns them and their false narratives-deceptions.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online DB

Any normal person with Flake's history would be shamed from speaking publicly about pretty much anything.

The the man is a charlatan.

Offline dancer

Offline dancer

Can we possibly put a moratorium on all things Flake?
888high58888

Offline dancer

OH NO!  Not "picayune and presumptuous".   :silly:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Can we possibly put a moratorium on all things Flake?

:yowsa:  :amen:

And please add John Boehner and John Kasich to that list as well!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 02:19:39 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LegalAmerican

@Cyber Liberty

When was that?  Before my time?  He was in no position of power, to do squat. Just like CLINTON, was controlled by Newt Gingrich, all republicans in charge. THEY balanced the budget, by taking our paid in SOCIAL SECURITY and made it part of the general budget.  INSTANT BALANCE AND "SURPLUS."  Left us seniors an I.O.U.   
KASICH IS EVIL. 

December 29, 2018
John Kasich vetoes Ohio's heartbeat bill
By Peter Skurkiss
John Kasich, the self-anointed moralist scold of the Republican Party, has vetoed the pro-life heartbeat bill (H.B. 258) as one of his last acts as Ohio's governor.  This bill had wide support in the state's legislature.  The vote to override Kasich was 61-28 in the Ohio House, but the vote in the Senate was 19-13 which was one short to override.

The heartbeat bill was pretty straightforward.  It stipulated that ... no person shall knowingly and purposefully perform or induce an abortion on a pregnant woman with the specific intent of causing or abetting the termination of the life of the unborn human individual the pregnant woman is carrying and whose fetal heartbeat has been detected.

Even the wording on this bill must have grated on the ears of the abortion industry, saying as it did that the pregnant woman is carrying an "unborn human individual."

Kasich's veto is not the end of the story.  The prospects are favorable for a heartbeat bill passage in 2019.  The incoming legislature is GOP-dominated, and the governor-elect, Mike DeWine, has taken strong pro-life positions in the past and has promised on the campaign trail to sign a heartbeat bill if elected.

If John (Son-of-a-Postman) Kasich is positioning himself as the "compassionate conservative" for 2020 in the Republican primaries, he could well have support of Planned Parenthood.  How he will explain himself to the Republican base is another matter.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 04:01:44 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If there has ever been someone born with the right name,it is Flake.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
@Cyber Liberty
Evidently, you do not know what Kasich did. I know because I followed what he did when he was doing it.  Read below:
(my red)

"As a Republican member of Congress for nine two-year terms (1983–2001), Kasich became known for his commitment to a balanced budget and reduced government spending.  Starting in 1989, he prepared his own alternative government budgets and submitted them to the House. After the 1994 election, in which Republicans took majority control of the House, he became chairman of the Committee on the Budget."

Kaysick decided to waste GOP money by refusing to concede in the 2016 primary though he was obviously a total loser.

Kaysick pulled the "do you know who I am" gag on a cop when he was pulled over for violating Ohio's new law requiring slowing down or moving to the left lane when passing a traffic stop.

Kaysick is a whiner and a RINO.

That's what he's done.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
I wasn't putting a limiter on the behavior (tweets only). But if you think tweeting photoshopped pictures of other candidates picking their nose isn't P&P, more power to ya. I actually had to agree with Rino Jeb Bush once when when called Trump a "jerk". DJT lacked any suavities and that trend continues to this day.

THANK GOD!

The real Americans were getting so tired of the alleged "Republicans" being so falsely POLITE to all the criminals and perverts living under the Jackass banner.

If a Rodent picks his nose in front of the camera, the world should learn of it.   Why didn't the GOP candidate in Nadler's district flood the airwaves with the clip showing Nadler filling his pants?  The Rodents would have done that if things were reversed.

I'm all for both sides playing dirty tricks, since apparently only one side is allowed to use them now.

Did Trump do something wrong, like winning the 2020 election and saying so publicly?
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.