Author Topic: Flake: Trump ‘Plays Well to the Base, But It’s a Shrinking Base’  (Read 1196 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Flake: Trump ‘Plays Well to the Base, But It’s a Shrinking Base’

Pam Key 12 Apr 2021

Former Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ) said Monday on CNN’s “Situation Room” that former President Donald Trump’s “popularity and strength” were fleeting every day.

The show’s assembled political panel discussed former President Donald Trump’s comments at a Republican fundraiser at Mar-a-Lago, where Trump reportedly called Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY)  a “stone-cold loser” and criticized former Vice President Mike Pence and former Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao.

Former Gov. John Kasich (R-OH) said, “You know, it’s amazing to me, Wolf, that they sit in this room and hear more name-calling, more divisiveness, more anger. I mean, how do you expect to sell something to voters when you’re just divisive and angry and name-calling and belittling? The party needs to move to a set of issues that will improve the lives of Americans, and so far, I haven’t heard any of what they plan to do. As far as I’m concerned, the party is going to continue to shrink and not connect.”

Blitzer said, “We’ve been hearing a lot from John Boehner, the former Republican Speaker, Senator, talking about how the Republican Party needs to get back to its roots, the party of Boehner. So you think that party still exists?”

Flake said, “I think there are a number of Republicans, a lot of Republicans who want the get back there. John was right, what went on in Mar-a-Lago, it plays well to the base, but it’s a shrinking base. If we want to be successful in future elections, then we have to do more what John Boehner is talking about. We’ve got to appeal to a broader electorate. That shouldn’t be hard to figure out, but that is what we have to do.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/04/12/flake-trump-plays-well-to-the-base-but-its-a-shrinking-base/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kasich: Trump’s ‘Ugly’ Name-Calling Will ‘Continue to Shrink’ Republican Party
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/04/12/kasich-trumps-ugly-name-calling-will-continue-to-shrink-republican-party/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

... he said, in spite of all evidence to the contrary.

Politicians lie as easily as they draw breath.

Offline dfwgator

As opposed to you, Jeff "15%" Flake?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Huh.  He must not be talking about Arizona, were we registered about 7-8X more voters than the Rats since November.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

I declare b.s.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Can we possibly put a moratorium on all things Flake? 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Can we possibly put a moratorium on all things Flake?

I suppose I can rig "the list" so that "Flake" comes out "Pompous Azzhat" in posts.  But it would be wrong.   888bravo
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline LegalAmerican

Flake is a RINO.  We all know.  One of,  gang of eight.  With the rest of the rino's.   McCain, flake, graham, Rubio.  FLAKE STILL CONSIDERS HIMSELF A REPUBLICAN?    LIKE ROMNEY? CHENEY, COLLINS, MURKOWSKI......et all.

Offline LegalAmerican

I suppose I can rig "the list" so that "Flake" comes out "Pompous Azzhat" in posts.  But it would be wrong.   888bravo

His name certainly, fits him!  FLAKE.  ANTI-AMERICAN.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Flake is an idiot.

Biden is alone expanding the base of Trump as concerned Americans are looking for a place to go.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline LegalAmerican

Kasich: Trump’s ‘Ugly’ Name-Calling Will ‘Continue to Shrink’ Republican Party
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/04/12/kasich-trumps-ugly-name-calling-will-continue-to-shrink-republican-party/

I loathe Kasich...POS. Not for America, at all.  Another RINO...AZZHOLE.  He should talk. 
----------------------------
December 29, 2018

John Kasich vetoes Ohio's heartbeat bill

By Peter Skurkiss

John Kasich, the self-anointed moralist scold of the Republican Party, has vetoed the pro-life heartbeat bill (H.B. 258) as one of his last acts as Ohio's governor.  This bill had wide support in the state's legislature.  The vote to override Kasich was 61-28 in the Ohio House, but the vote in the Senate was 19-13 which was one short to override.

The heartbeat bill was pretty straightforward.  It stipulated that... no person shall knowingly and purposefully perform or induce an abortion on a pregnant woman with the specific inof causing or abetting the termination of the life of the unborn human individual the pregnant woman is carrying and whose fetal heartbeat has been detected.

Even the wording on this bill must have grated on the ears of the abortion industry, saying as it did that the pregnant woman is carrying an "unborn human individual."

Kasich's veto is not the end of the story.  The prospects are favorable for a heartbeat bill passage in 2019.  The incoming legislature is GOP-dominated, and the governor-elect, Mike DeWine, has taken strong pro-life positions in the past and has promised on the campaign trail to sign a heartbeat bill if elected.

If John (Son-of-a-Postman) Kasich is positioning himself as the "compassionate conservative" for 2020 in the Republican primaries, he could well have support of Planned Parenthood.  How he will explain himself to the Republican base is another matter.

If you would like to comment on this or any other American Thinker

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Flake is right, but it is extremely arrogant and foolish of him to say it out loud, not to mention it plays as rude to a lot of people (including myself, and I don't like Trump). It is petty and in a way causes hangers, my unorthodox home brewed term for old dried boogers that just "hang in there" beyond their expiration date. Some good ole conservative boys that are die in the wool avid Trump fans will just become "Trump Only" voters and perhaps never vote again.

Flake has become what he despises in Trump. Picayune and presumptuous.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 03:25:08 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline LegalAmerican

Flake is right, but it is extremely arrogant and foolish of him to say it out loud, not to mention it plays as rude to a lot of people (including myself, and I don't like Trump). It is petty and in a way causes hangers, my unorthodox home brewed term for old dried boogers that just "hang in there" beyond their expiration date. Some good ole conservative boys that are die in the wool avid Trump fans will just become "Trump Only" voters and perhaps never vote again.

Flake has become what he despises in Trump. Picayune and presumptuous.

Flake is not right. HE IS A FLAKE.   The base is just QUIET.  We aren't leaving.  Nothing wrong with POTUS TRUMP.  Most of you just have TRUMP ENVY.  WWW.MAGAPILL.COM
Even with biden in, by voter fraud, you can't stop the envy.  Sad.  You don't see the mess biden is making? 

Offline LMAO

From the article....
The party needs to move to a set of issues that will improve the lives of Americans, and so far, I haven’t heard any of what they plan to do.

Well, there's energy independence, lower taxes and regulations to improve the business and investment climate, law and order and tough on crime, secure borders, ect ect

These policies at least should be part of the GOP platform regardless of what one thinks about Trump personally
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline dfwgator

From the article....
The party needs to move to a set of issues that will improve the lives of Americans, and so far, I haven’t heard any of what they plan to do.

Well, there's energy independence, lower taxes and regulations to improve the business and investment climate, law and order and tough on crime, secure borders, ect ect

These policies at least should be part of the GOP platform regardless of what one thinks about Trump personally

Flake clearly never listened to Trump over the Four Years Trump was in the White House.

Offline LegalAmerican

Flake clearly never listened to Trump over the Four Years Trump was in the White House.

:thumbsup:    www.magapill.com

Offline mountaineer

Rising serpent
@rising_serpent
·
15h
Every time you buy groceries, fill gas, watch interminable violence in the streets on TV, hundreds of thousands surging through open borders and you being called racist for something you didn't do, remember some people willing chose this just because they didn't like mean tweets.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline dfwgator

Rising serpent
@rising_serpent
·
15h
Every time you buy groceries, fill gas, watch interminable violence in the streets on TV, hundreds of thousands surging through open borders and you being called racist for something you didn't do, remember some people willing chose this just because they didn't like mean tweets.

:amen:

Offline PeteS in CA

Former Senator, former Governor, formerly marginally relevant.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Former Senator, former Governor, formerly marginally relevant.

Flake was never a Guv.  He wants to be, but pigs will fly first.
I will NOT comply.

Offline PeteS in CA

Flake was never a Guv.  He wants to be, but pigs will fly first.

I was referring to former Governor Kasich.

OK, how fitting ... Jeff Flake was born in the town of Snowflake, AZ.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I was referring to former Governor Kasich.

OK, how fitting ... Jeff Flake was born in the town of Snowflake, AZ.

True, and I LOL every time I think of that town...

(I think KaySick was a Representative, not a Senator.  But who really cares about that Jackalope?)
I will NOT comply.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Rising serpent
@rising_serpent
·
15h

According to our very own in-house expert, the tweets were worse than mean; they were "picayune and presumptuous".   888mouth