Author Topic: Buttigieg Won’t Rule Out Including ‘Path for Citizenship’ to Biden’s Infrastructure Package  (Read 212 times)

rangerrebew

Buttigieg Won’t Rule Out Including ‘Path for Citizenship’ to Biden’s Infrastructure Package
Pam Key11 Apr 20211,927

Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg declined Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union” to rule out adding a path to citizenship for DREAMers to President Joe Biden’s $2 trillion infrastructure package.

Anchor Jake Tapper said, “House progressives are calling you to include a path to citizenship for DREAMers in the legislation. Again, I understand this is a principle you think that is worth fighting for. Is that infrastructure?”

Buttigieg said,  “That’s not in the plan that we have put forward. Of course, we need to support DREAMers. That’s important as a policy matter in this country. Now, we’re getting into the season where there is going to be a lot of push and pull on. You know how things move in different forms in terms of legislative packaging. That’s what this negotiating process will produce. But the important thing, as the president has repeatedly said, is we can’t do nothing. We can’t wait any longer, and when it comes to this infrastructure package, The American people are ready to go. We have been ready to go for years and years. I think this is the third administration to arrive with the American people clamoring for something to happen on infrastructure. I think this time we can get it done.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/04/11/buttigieg-wont-rule-out-including-path-for-citizenship-to-bidens-infrastructure-package/

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Exactly what does immigration or citizenship have to do with transportation?  And what in the hell has illegal immigrants and citizenship have to do with infrastructure? Bammy is really pulling out all the stops in his third term.