Author Topic: As the Climate Crisis Grows, a Movement Gathers to Make ‘Ecocide’ an International Crime Against the  (Read 264 times)

rangerrebew

As the Climate Crisis Grows, a Movement Gathers to Make ‘Ecocide’ an International Crime Against the Environment
International lawyers, environmentalists and a growing number of world leaders say “ecocide”—widespread destruction of the environment—would serve as a “moral red line” for the planet.
By Nicholas Kusnetz, Katie Surma and Yuliya Talmazan
April 7, 2021

The Fifth Crime: First in a continuing series with NBC News about the campaign to make “ecocide” an international crime.

In 1948, after Nazi Germany exterminated millions of Jews and other minorities during World War II, the United Nations adopted a convention establishing a new crime so heinous it demanded collective action. Genocide, the nations declared, was “condemned by the civilized world” and justified intervention in the affairs of sovereign states.

https://insideclimatenews.org/news/07042021/climate-crisis-ecocide-vanuatu-the-fifth-crime/

Offline Joe Wooten

The article completely ignores the massive environmental damage in China and the other nuclear/chemical disasters left behind by the old Soviet Union.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
The article completely ignores the massive environmental damage in China and the other nuclear/chemical disasters left behind by the old Soviet Union.

Those don't count.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
There's a climate crisis happening?    Since when?
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.