Author Topic: Biden Claims Commercial Planes May Soon Go 21,000 MPH — Meaning a New York to LA Trip Would Take 7 M  (Read 364 times)

Offline thackney

Biden Claims Commercial Planes May Soon Go 21,000 MPH — Meaning a New York to LA Trip Would Take 7 Minutes
https://www.mediaite.com/news/biden-claims-commercial-planes-may-soon-go-21000-mph-meaning-a-new-york-to-la-trip-would-take-7-minutes/?utm_source=mostpopular
Apr 8th, 2021

“I tell the kids, the young people that work for me — I told my kids, when I go on college campuses, they’re going to see more change in the next 10 years than we’ve seen in the last 50 years,” Biden said during an address about his proposed infrastructure legislation. “We’re going to talk about commercial aircraft flying at subsonic speeds, supersonic speeds, be able to figuratively, if you may, if we decide to do it, be able to traverse the world in an hour, travel at 21,000 miles an hour.”

It was not clear what Biden meant by “figuratively.” The speed he suggested is roughly equivalent to Mach 28, which would make airlines capable of traversing the 2,400 miles between New York and Los Angeles in roughly seven minutes. The fastest commercial airliners presently travel at speeds of about 600 miles per hour, a little less than Mach 1....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Hoodat

Those planes will make quite the carbon footprint.  Has anybody conducted a wind tunnel test to determine the drag on a wing from 21,000 mph air flow?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online dfwgator

On that train all graphite and glitter
Undersea by rail
Ninety minutes from New York to Paris
Well by seventy-six we'll be A.O.K.
What a beautiful world this will be
What a glorious time to be free
What a beautiful world this will be
What a glorious time to be free

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ueivjr3f8xg

Offline Hoodat

When Black Friday comes
I'm gonna dig myself a hole
Gonna lay down in it
'til I satisfy my soul
Gonna let the world pass by me
The Archbishop's gonna sanctify me
And if he don't come across
I'm gonna let it roll
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Commercial application before military?  Pedo Joe must have read a Buck Rogers comic book yesterday.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline thackney

Those planes will make quite the carbon footprint.  Has anybody conducted a wind tunnel test to determine the drag on a wing from 21,000 mph air flow?

Not to mention heat developed and the fatigue strength at temp of whatever alloy could withstand it.

...Flying more than three times the speed of sound generates 316° C (600° F) temperatures on external aircraft surfaces, which are enough to melt conventional aluminum airframes. That's why the SR-71's external skin is made of titanium alloy...

https://airandspace.si.edu/stories/editorial/10-cool-things-you-may-not-know-about-museums-lockheed-sr-71-blackbird

Thermal Stability of Aluminum Alloys
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7435424/
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Ground Control To Dementia Joe.
Not responding.
"Hello Major Joe.
Are you receiving?"

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Ground Control To Dementia Joe.
Not responding.
"Hello Major Joe.
Are you receiving?"
Maybe Kenneth can help him find the frequency. Can't wait for Psaki to say that Biden really doesn't believe it...........so why does he say it? (yes, yes we all know why) and the media will excuse is as just Joe being Joe and misspeaking.