Author Topic: YouTube pulls Florida governor's video, says his panel spread Covid-19 misinformation  (Read 412 times)

Offline thackney

YouTube pulls Florida governor's video, says his panel spread Covid-19 misinformation
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/youtube-pulls-florida-governor-s-video-says-his-panel-spread-n1263635
April 9, 2021

...The video of DeSantis’ roundtable discussion last month at the state Capitol in Tallahassee was removed on Wednesday because it violated the social media platform’s standards, YouTube spokesperson Elena Hernandez said.

It had been embedded in a Tampa-area TV station's news story and it's removal was flagged by the American Institute for Economic Research, a "free market" think tank based in Great Barrington, Massachusetts.

“YouTube has clear policies around Covid-19 medical misinformation to support the health and safety of our users,” Hernandez said in a statement. “We removed AIER’s video because it included content that contradicts the consensus of local and global health authorities regarding the efficacy of masks to prevent the spread of Covid-19.”...

...Dr. Jay Bhattacharya of Stanford University, one of the scientists on the panel, said this "was a policy forum, in which it is appropriate to consider both the benefits and costs of a policy (child masking) when making judgments and recommendations."...

...But based on a transcript provided by YouTube, it appears the participants ran afoul of the platform’s standards when DeSantis asked whether children in school should be wearing masks and Kulldorff replied, “Uh, children should not wear face masks, no. They don’t need it for their own protection, and they don’t need it for protecting other people either.”...
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

Get the Facts: Public health roundtable hosted by Gov. Ron DeSantis
https://www.wesh.com/article/public-health-roundtable-hosted-by-gov-ron-desantis/35880343#
Mar 18, 2021

...Here’s a list of participants as provided by DeSantis’ office:

Sunetra Gupta, epidemiologist and professor of theoretical epidemiology, Oxford University

Dr. Scott W. Atlas, MD, Robert Wesson Senior Fellow in health care policy at the Hoover Institution of Stanford University

Dr. Jay Bhattacharya, professor of medicine at Stanford University and research associate at the National Bureau of Economic Research

Dr. Martin Kulldorff, Ph.D., biostatistician, epidemiologist, and professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School
Some of the topics discussed included the lockdowns, children wearing facemasks and COVID-19 immunity.

"I think the lockdowns are the single biggest public health mistake in history," Dr. Jay Bhattacharya said, later adding, "the lockdowns have not stopped the spread of the disease, in any measurable way."...
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline LMAO

Covid exposes  those that want to govern versus those that want to rule
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
“YouTube has clear policies around Covid-19 medical misinformation to support the health and safety of our users,” Hernandez said in a statement. “We removed AIER’s video because it included content that contradicts the consensus of local and global health authorities regarding the efficacy of masks to prevent the spread of Covid-19.”...

And the clear policy is that telling the truth about the China Virus is not going to be allowed for as long as the Rodents need to keep the myth alive to hold power.

The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.