Author Topic: Clyburn: Georgia Election Law Is the ‘New Jim Crow’  (Read 351 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Clyburn: Georgia Election Law Is the ‘New Jim Crow’

Pam Key
11 Apr 2021

Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union,” House Majority Whip Jim Clyburn (D-SC) said that Georgia’s new voting restrictions were the “new Jim Crow.”

Anchor Jake Tapper said, “Georgia passed sweeping new voting legislation, including many restrictions that some Democrats such as Senator Raphael Warnock and Stacey Abrams have compared to Jim Crow laws. You grew up in the Jim Crow South. Do you see the Georgia election law as the new Jim Crow?”

Clyburn said, “Yes, I do. No question about it, and we keep talking about Georgia, but 23, I’m sorry, I saw the other day, 47 states that now proposed —Georgia is the one that’s taking it to the finality— but these thoughts are being expressed in other states as well. They know full well that these are ways to suppress voters to keep people from exercising their rights.”

He added, “I would say to anybody, just look at the history, and it’s there. What’s on anybody’s mind when you say, okay, we are going to deny voting places, we will get rid of drop boxes, we know we will create long lines? So now, let’s make it a crime if you brought a bottle of water standing in those long lines. It’s not what they intend is what the result is. So they can say anything they want to say about it. Just look through it and look throughout history, and you will know that what is taking place today is a new Jim Crow, just that simple.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/04/11/clyburn-georgia-election-law-is-the-new-jim-crow/#
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Clyburn: Georgia Election Law Is the ‘New Jim Crow’
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2021, 01:27:25 am »
Clyburn is about a few months away from going the way of Fl Rep Alcee Wastings. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2021, 04:09:45 am »
Clyburn should ask his fellow Democrats why he keeps getting passed up for House Majority Leader.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2021, 04:39:11 am »
As is so often the case, democrats are misrepresenting the situation to fool and con the clueless/unwary.  Racist, racist, racist, Racist!  They are actually saying, it is racist to try and stop election fraud by unqualified people, esp foreigners.  Of course Never Trumpers assured us that all that mattered was Trump was defeated, now everyday we see democrats pulling more crap to bring down the United States of America and impoverish its citizens.  Huge layouts of money for foreigners that made it out to New York, far beyond what democrats were willing to assist Americans they put out of work and made wait for a year.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2021, 04:04:56 pm »
DCP = Lying hypocrites

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2021, 04:14:18 pm »
It used to be commonly believed among slaveholders that blacks would starve if left on their own.  Much like today's rat party.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2021, 06:36:56 pm »
Clyburn is clueless.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2021, 02:36:23 pm »
Clyburn is clueless.
DCP = lying hypocrite. They're all clueless.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2021, 12:40:19 am »
If restrictive election laws be "the new Jim Crow", that's fine with me.
I had nothing against "the old one".
Sorry if you don't like that.