Author Topic: Buttigieg on Exaggerated Infrastructure Jobs Estimate: ‘I Should Have Been More Precise’  (Read 361 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Buttigieg on Exaggerated Infrastructure Jobs Estimate: ‘I Should Have Been More Precise’

Pam Key 11 Apr 2021

Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg admitted on this week’s broadcast of “Fox News Sunday” that he “should have been more precise” when confronted by the accuracy of the number of jobs that he said would be created by President Joe Biden’s infrastructure proposal.

On Buttigieg’s claim to several media outlets, anchor Chris Wallace said, “It turns out the study you’re citing from Moody’s Analytics says the economy will add 16.3 million jobs without the infrastructure bill, and 2.7 million more with it.  So it doesn’t, as you said last Sunday, create 19 million jobs. Again, Secretary Buttigieg, why mislead folks?”

Buttigieg responded, “Well, you’re right. I should have been more precise.”

He continued, “It will create 2.7 million more jobs than if we don’t do it, and that’s very important because there are people on this network and others saying with a straight face that this would somehow reduce the number of jobs. In fact, at least according to that analysis, 2.7 billion additional jobs if we pass this package, just further proof that it’s good for the economy and taken as a whole it’s going to add jobs compared to doing nothing.”

He added, “The bottom line is, it’s going to add jobs. And this is a direct refutation of people who are saying otherwise. So, yes, you’re right, I should be very precise. The difference in jobs that that particular analysis suggests is 2.7 million more. That is a great place to be. Why wouldn’t we want America to create 2.7 million more jobs?”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/04/11/buttigieg-on-exaggerated-infrastructure-jobs-estimate-i-should-have-been-more-precise/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
To be more precise, The Butt Boy is a walking talking Douchebag.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Butts gig certainly has politically correct double speak down.  Do you really think he believes the manure spilling out of his mouth ?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Buttigieg on Exaggerated Infrastructure Jobs Estimate: ‘I Should Have not liedBeen More Precise’
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Hoodat

Buttigieg on Exaggerated Infrastructure Jobs Estimate: ‘I Should Have not lied Been More Precise’

Bingo.  Buttegieg pushed a narrative he knew to be false in order to promote passage of a bill that has very little to do with the department he heads.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Buttjigger: I don't know why you listen to me, I know nothing about transportation or how to run anything bigger than a podunk town, all I know is how to drill shit.

Online LMAO

And these jobs are not wealth creation jobs. These will be jobs that will rely heavily on government subsidies
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy