Author Topic: Should California decriminalize psychedelic drugs? Army veteran makes his case to lawmakers  (Read 362 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News  April 10, 2021 Andrew Sheeler - The Tribune

Should California decriminalize psychedelic drugs? Army veteran makes his case to lawmakers

Jose Martinez believes psychedelic drugs saved his life.

The 32-year-old U.S. Army veteran said he felt worthless and depressed when he returned from a deployment in Afghanistan, where who lost both legs and an arm after stepping on an improvised explosive device.

“I just wanted to disintegrate,” Martinez told The Sacramento Bee in an interview.

Then, six years ago, he said he discovered psilocybin mushrooms. He credits them with bringing him back from the brink.

“I went back to surfing,” said Martinez, who lives near San Bernardino. “It made me go from feeling worthless to feeling worthy of living this life.”

On Tuesday, Martinez urged California lawmakers to help others like him by advancing a bill that would decriminalize psychedelic drugs like mushrooms and LSD. He told the Senate Public Safety Committee the therapies could be used to prevent suicides.

The committee voted to approve the bill, which now goes before the Senate Health Committee.

Under both state and federal law, possession of psychedelic drugs is illegal under most circumstances. Senate Bill 519, authored by State Sen. Scott Wiener, D-San Francisco, would decriminalize possession and sharing of several drugs, including ketamine, psilocybin, LSD and mescaline, for people 21 and older. The bill notably excludes peyote and GHB from decriminalization.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/04/should-california-decriminalize-psychedelic-drugs-army-veteran-makes-his-case-to-lawmakers/

Offline libertybele

Gee, now that would certainly help San Fran!    *****rollingeyes*****
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline PeteS in CA

Oh, yeah! I so want psychedelicized drivers next to me on freeways and infesting parks I picnic in or walk through!

The only 'shrooms I want in my life is a Red Robin Sauteed 'Shroom Burger!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.