Author Topic: Sanders: Infrastructure Includes Housing, Guaranteed Health Care, Dealing with College Debt  (Read 267 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sanders: Infrastructure Includes Housing, Guaranteed Health Care, Dealing with College Debt

Ian Hanchett 10 Apr 2021

On Saturday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Velshi,” Senate Budget Committee Chair Bernie Sanders (I-VT) said that housing is “human infrastructure” and that for him, infrastructure includes having an educated workforce, which means “all of our kids should have the ability to get a higher education, not leave school deeply in debt.” And means having a healthy society, and America’s life expectancy suffers “because we are the only major country not to guarantee health care to all people.”

Sanders said, “[W]e’ve got to take a broad look at what infrastructure means, human infrastructure for ordinary people. Human infrastructure means housing. You’ve got a half a million people in this country who are homeless. You’ve got 19 million households who are spending 50% of their limited incomes on housing. We need to build housing. And by the way, when you deal with housing, you create jobs. … When I talk about infrastructure, it means if a worker, a mom and dad are going to work, they have the right to know that their kids are in decent childcare. That’s infrastructure. Infrastructure is having the best-educated workforce in the world. That means all of our kids should have the ability to get a higher education, not leave school deeply in debt. It means that we need a healthy society. Our life expectancy is 40th in the world because we are the only major country not to guarantee health care to all people. And so, I think as a nation we’ve got to take a very broad look at what we mean by infrastructure, it’s physical infrastructure, obviously, bricks and mortar. It is human infrastructure. And now is the time to create millions of jobs addressing all of the needs impacting the middle class and working families of this country.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/04/10/sanders-infrastructure-includes-housing-guaranteed-health-care-dealing-with-college-debt/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Night Hides Not

Stupidity is infrastructure.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online mountaineer

And pizza. Pizza is infrastructure.  *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Frankly, I am tired of hearing this commie b*st*rd pushing loan forgiveness for college students that signed a document obligating themselves to REPAY the loan(s).

I had a cousin borrow $130,000 to go to a small private college.  She repaid every penny recently, as did I back in the day.  People want loan forgiveness, give them $10,000 forgiveness for each year they serve in the military.  NOTHING FOR NOTHING. 

The taxpayer gets ABUSED enough already!!!

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
mountaineer proclaimed:
"Pizza is infrastructure..."

And vacation homes.
Don't forget about them...!