Author Topic: 2 police officers threatened and assaulted Army officer during an illegal stop, lawsuit claims: Vide  (Read 6291 times)

Offline roamer_1

Army did have gun on seat, or on him. Army guy set up his camera FIRST.  Army guy is wanting some kind of confrontation.  Acts, obtuse. 'What is going on'?   IDIOT. Won't comply, then is 'hard of hearing'. azzhole.

yeah... Looks to me like he is looking for a viral vid and a law suit payoff.

Offline LegalAmerican

I think that's right. I think the slow roll and the tinted windows turned it into a high risk situation. And his non-compliance escalated it from there... And I don't blame them at all.

Had he but complied, the whole show would have been over.

I agree. If you watch, Army guy actually slaps away the officers hand!  I say an assault. THE NERVE.  Bending over backwards to deal with this guy. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Look... That's what folks do when they're dumping their junk. Go ask a cop. He'll tell ya.

So from the cops' point of view that's a good reason to be suspicious. So they are going to start the deal with an advantage. I don't blame them for that at all.

And then noncompliance - leaving one hand in the window... Not exiting the car - All of that is just baiting them into escalation. and they OUGHT TO escalate. If I did that crap with my jacket (well, at least back in the day) I would have got it a hundred times worse than that. That guy did every damn thing he could not to comply.
My point earlier, is that he would have to bring one hand inside to unlock the door.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

My point earlier, is that he would have to bring one hand inside to unlock the door.

but that is not what he was doing... He was purposefully NOT complying.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
On review, I agree. Stupid move, really.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

@Sighlass

Ok,to start with,the commentator is full of crap from the very beginning. It is both common AND legal for temporary tags from a car dealership to be made from paper and stuck inside the rear window of cars and trucks. I was pulled in Denver in the late 70's by two DPD cops for "failure to display a license tag",and when it was spotted laying on the rear seat because the glue was crappy and the wind coming through the windows had blown it off.

What you have is Officer Cartman going all "Macho Man" for NOTHING MORE SERIOUS THAN A TECHNICAL VIOLATION.

For THIS,he pulls his gun,points it at a man doing nothing more than driving down the road and bothering no one,and starts screaming threats and orders at him.

The Lt knew he had done nothing wrong,so he saw no reason to cower.

It was at this point I stopped watching because it had already been established that the commentator either doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground,or he is knowingly lying.
Asking you AGAIN. Where exactly was the tag. He is in a well lit p[arking lot and you can't see it.
What are the exact n8umbers on the tag. This is the second time I am asking you. Brandon Tatum is a former officer. He is currently working with Candace Owens on the Blexit movement. He does know what he is talking about.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Asking you AGAIN. Where exactly was the tag.

@verga

According to the report,the tag was glued to the rear window,which was tinted so heavily it was hard to see.

The driver didn't put it there,the dealership that sold it put it there.

There is no other place TO put it,since it has glue on it's face and is designed to be stuck in rear windows.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Actually the cop de-escalated once he got to the window and could see. The pistol went away, and out came the bear juice.
That is de-escalation. compliance is still going to have to happen. Or force. You choose.

He had no justification for pulling his weapon in the first place, and thus no reason to simply switch to pepper spray.

De-escalation would have involved in putting the weapons away and simply explaining the reason for the stop, like a good police officer would have done.

He was not a good police officer.

It's not like he didn't see the tag in the back window.   His claims that he couldn't see that was a lie.   I was pulled over by a cop who passed me going the other way, at a relative speed of over 90 mph, because the inspection sticker in my window was expired.....and he saw that at night, and he did not walk to the front of the vehicle to check it a second time...he just saw it the first time.  That was a good cop doing a good stop.   Cost me 15 bucks, that.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

Yeah, but HE does.

Really?? So you think he has to walk up to the window just like that, not knowing if it is a good citizen or a banger or crack zombie inside?

That seems completely unrealistic to me.

Yeah, just like that.

It's what real cops do, every day.

That's his job.

If he can't do his job, he needed to learn to code and forego the goonion benefits.

The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline DB

He had no justification for pulling his weapon in the first place, and thus no reason to simply switch to pepper spray.

De-escalation would have involved in putting the weapons away and simply explaining the reason for the stop, like a good police officer would have done.

It's not like he didn't see the tag in the back window.   His claims that he couldn't see that was a lie.   I was pulled over by a cop who passed me going the other way, at a relative speed of over 90 mph, because the inspection sticker in my window was expired.....and he saw that at night, and he did not walk to the front of the vehicle to check it a second time...he just saw it the first time.  That was a good cop doing a good stop.   Cost me 15 bucks, that.

That is complete bullshit. The cops had no idea what they were dealing with once he refused to comply with lawful orders to pull over. You are naïve to the extreme.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
That is complete bullshit. The cops had no idea what they were dealing with once he refused to comply with lawful orders to pull over. You are naïve to the extreme.

@DB it's not naivety on his part. There's a very deep seated hatred of law enforcement period in what he's been typing about this incident despite evidence to the contrary of what he's claiming.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline verga

@verga

According to the report,the tag was glued to the rear window,which was tinted so heavily it was hard to see.

The driver didn't put it there,the dealership that sold it put it there.

There is no other place TO put it,since it has glue on it's face and is designed to be stuck in rear windows.
So in other words the officers were totally justified in pulling him over. If you would have said that right off ....
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
So in other words the officers were totally justified in pulling him over. If you would have said that right off ....

@verga

I WOULD have said that,but I'm not a fool.

PLEASE spain to simple old me HOW it was the driver's fault the state switched to stick on temporary license tags for rear window use,and the selling dealer placed the temporary license sticker on the rear window,as required by state law.

Once you are done splain-in THAT,explain to me WHY the TRAFFIC COP didn't know this was state law,and that it was common for them to fall off or be hard to see due to factory tinted glass.

Offline LegalAmerican

How can people, NOT SEE THAT?   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline LegalAmerican

888high58888  AND army guy did have a weapon.  Just not sure if he should use it or not.  He made SURE his camera angle was all set up correctly..first.  Then had major attitude.  Slaps officers hand away!!! 

Offline LegalAmerican

"Army officer does not comply, slaps police officers hand, in LEGAL stop".  I hope the army releases him from service. 

Offline DB

@verga

PLEASE spain to simple old me HOW it was the driver's fault the state switched to stick on temporary license tags for rear window use,and the selling dealer placed the temporary license sticker on the rear window,as required by state law.

Once you are done splain-in THAT,explain to me WHY the TRAFFIC COP didn't know this was state law,and that it was common for them to fall off or be hard to see due to factory tinted glass.

It isn't the job of the police to determine who's fault it is when something you are responsible for is in violation of the law. That's what courts are for.

Offline roamer_1

It really is an amazement to me what city folks see as justification. If something seems off... THAT is justification.

Really. An non-compliant - PURPOSEFULLY non-compliant person - Still offering non-compliance, and you say put the weapons away? you don't know what's in the pocket of the door - you can't see that... or what might be on the floorboard, or hell, who might still be in the back damn seat, crouched down on the floorboards!

No, he had every right to stay armed. I would not have de-escalated, myself. I thought that to be too much trust.

It's not like he didn't see the tag in the back window.   His claims that he couldn't see that was a lie.   

LOL! How can you say that? If it is dark tinted, you literally can't see it. - MAYBE from 3-5 ft away in decent light, you might see it's outline... The very same thing happened to me, and in fact, you could not but barely see that tag, even with the light coming from behind it.

And it does not matter if he could somewhat see it anyway - It is to be CLEARLY VISIBLE.

I was pulled over by a cop who passed me going the other way, at a relative speed of over 90 mph, because the inspection sticker in my window was expired.....and he saw that at night, and he did not walk to the front of the vehicle to check it a second time...he just saw it the first time.  That was a good cop doing a good stop.   Cost me 15 bucks, that.

LOL! Plate ID software IDs the plate and they know before they even turn around who you are, wants and warrants against those plates, whether your tags are up to date, and whether you are insured. Nobody is seeing a tag at 90 mph, in the dark of night.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 04:43:20 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline roamer_1

Yeah, just like that.

It's what real cops do, every day.

That's his job.

If he can't do his job, he needed to learn to code and forego the goonion benefits.

ROTFLMAO!!  Quite literally: NO they don't! Your Barney Fife dreams are complete bullcrap. If somebody is being froggy, or if they have good reason to suspect ANYTHING, they proceed with great caution, and if they see it a high risk, the guns come out and they are waiting on backup before any approach.

You're freakin dreaming.

Offline Sled Dog

How the heck does that happen when the cop don't know what he is walking into?

The cops NEVER know what they're walking up to.   Makes for high stress and anxiety, too bad for them.  If they don't like their job, find another.

I dunno why folks are so upset by that.

It's called the Presumption of Innocence.

It's also called We Don't Live In A Police State.

Offline Sled Dog

ROTFLMAO!!  Quite literally: NO they don't! Your Barney Fife dreams are complete bullcrap. If somebody is being froggy, or if they have good reason to suspect ANYTHING, they proceed with great caution, and if they see it a high risk, the guns come out and they are waiting on backup before any approach.

You're freakin dreaming.

Barney Fife was the cop that exited the patrol car with his pistol drawn and screaming, for no apparent reason.

Offline roamer_1

The cops NEVER know what they're walking up to.   Makes for high stress and anxiety, too bad for them.  If they don't like their job, find another.

It's called the Presumption of Innocence.

HAHAHAHA! You don't know what you're talking about.

COURTS operate under the presumption of innocence.

ENFORCEMENT operates under the presumption of guilt - And always has. They don't stop you unless they have a reason to - That reason presumes guilt by its very nature. It's the cops' job to make you guilty, within the strictures and protocols in which they operate. He is there to expose people breaking the law. He has no presumption of your innocence.

It's also called We Don't Live In A Police State.

That is not practicably extended to LEOs.

You really have not dealt with this much, have you?

An encounter with a LEO is about your guilt not your innocence - There is no presumption. All that is temporarily suspended under the authority of Law. All that matters is that you comply and allow the officer to inquire and investigate. He is looking for your guilt. That is his job.

They have the right to lawfully detain you on suspicion. And you WILL comply. If you will not, they have the right to force you.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 05:37:05 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline MOD4

Time for this thread to have some chill time in the fridge.

Offline verga

@verga

Peet he could not SEE the F%^KING plates. He had every right to believe that it was a STOLEN vehicle. Slow rolling is something criminals do to hide or dispose of illegal substances. I and seve4ral others asked you to watch the ENTIRE video. You watched a snippet and jumped to a WRONG conclusion. The Lt. was being a complete douchebag and is damn lucky he walked away from the encounter. Frankly you are sounding and acting like Sled dog and Jazzhead, and that is not a compliment.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Peet he could not SEE the F%^KING plates.

@verga

There WERE NO FREAKING PLATES TO BE SEEN! It was a new vehicle with the dealer-installed "decal plate" in the rear window.

He had every right to believe that it was a STOLEN vehicle.

Why? You would THINK an experienced traffic officer would know about paper license plates stuck in rear windows.

Slow rolling is something criminals do to hide or dispose of illegal substances.

It is also something honest citizens do in order to be able to drive to a safe area to stop without scaring the officer with the flashing lights that he is not trying to get away.

I and seve4ral others asked you to watch the ENTIRE video. You watched a snippet and jumped to a WRONG conclusion. The Lt. was being a complete douchebag and is damn lucky he walked away from the encounter. Frankly you are sounding and acting like Sled dog and Jazzhead, and that is not a compliment.

Not MY fault you are a clueless fool.