Author Topic: 2 police officers threatened and assaulted Army officer during an illegal stop, lawsuit claims: Vide  (Read 6313 times)

Offline LegalAmerican

Yeah, I'm not seeing why the cop exited his patrol car and immediately pulled his weapon.

People can get shot when amateurs act like that.

The cop was ex military corporal. Not amateur.   I THINK, HE KNOWS ABOUT DANGER.  No one is listening to OFFICER TATUM. 
TATUM, SHOWS YOU HOW EASILY POLICE GET SHOT!   POLICE DID NOTHING WRONG.  Lordy, Lordy. 
The army officer had attitude.  DID NOT COMPLY..AT ALL.  That makes him a suspect for some dangerous actions. As if, people don't have eyes......

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The cop was ex military corporal. Not amateur.   

@LegalAmerican

ROFLMAO!

Good one!

Thanks!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The cop was ex military corporal. Not amateur.   I THINK, HE KNOWS ABOUT DANGER.  No one is listening to OFFICER TATUM. 
TATUM, SHOWS YOU HOW EASILY POLICE GET SHOT!   POLICE DID NOTHING WRONG.  Lordy, Lordy. 
The army officer had attitude.  DID NOT COMPLY..AT ALL.  That makes him a suspect for some dangerous actions. As if, people don't have eyes......
I don't pretend to know the cop's service record.
Past military service does not mean he holds a CIB. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't, but he is drawing down on an American in America, not some haji in the sandbox.
He may have been a clerk in supply for all I know, and not in combat, like 90% of those in the service who never fire their weapons at the enemy.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

Past military service does not mean he holds a CIB. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't, but he is drawing down on an American in America, not some haji in the sandbox.
He may have been a clerk in supply for all I know, and not in combat, like 90% of those in the service who never fire their weapons at the enemy.

The man says it himself, when talking, to jerky army guy.  Watch OFFICER TATUM.  Watch. the whole thing, please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgBMnJyOiT0&t=2s

« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 10:03:27 pm by LegalAmerican »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

QFT
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline skeeter

« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 03:57:30 am by skeeter »

Offline LegalAmerican

QFT = Quoted For Truth.

Oh, I get slammed so often. I removed my post. Thank you.    Still don't know,  why...that was said.   

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Oh, I get slammed so often. I removed my post. Thank you.    Still don't know,  why...that was said.

@LegalAmerican

If someone says QFT (quoted for truth) 99.9% of the time it means the person that said it agrees completely with what you said and doesn't have anything to add to what you said to enhance or add onto your statement.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
@Sighlass

You blame him for not responding in a positive way to "stoopid"?

Just WHAT did he do or say that put either one of those cops in danger?

Watch this video (of course you will not)... I even more firmly stand by what I said. The army guy was just being a total jerk for selfish reasons (internet fame). The army guy filmed himself and watch the smirk he has when he is ignoring commands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgBMnJyOiT0&t=6s
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 07:22:56 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Watch this video (of course you will not)... I even more firmly stand by what I said. The army guy was just being a total jerk for selfish reasons (internet fame). The army guy filmed himself and watch the smirk he has when he is ignoring commands.

snip video

I watch those 5 min videos of State Troopers or Sheriff's Deputies or uniform police in general are shown up for demanding ID for somebody filming a public building from off premises.

Everybody wants to go viral if it shows up "The Man".
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgBMnJyOiT0&t=6s

@Sighlass

Ok,to start with,the commentator is full of crap from the very beginning. It is both common AND legal for temporary tags from a car dealership to be made from paper and stuck inside the rear window of cars and trucks. I was pulled in Denver in the late 70's by two DPD cops for "failure to display a license tag",and when it was spotted laying on the rear seat because the glue was crappy and the wind coming through the windows had blown it off.

What you have is Officer Cartman going all "Macho Man" for NOTHING MORE SERIOUS THAN A TECHNICAL VIOLATION.

For THIS,he pulls his gun,points it at a man doing nothing more than driving down the road and bothering no one,and starts screaming threats and orders at him.

The Lt knew he had done nothing wrong,so he saw no reason to cower.

It was at this point I stopped watching because it had already been established that the commentator either doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground,or he is knowingly lying.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 08:47:19 pm by sneakypete »

Offline LegalAmerican

@LegalAmerican

If someone says QFT (quoted for truth) 99.9% of the time it means the person that said it agrees completely with what you said and doesn't have anything to add to what you said to enhance or add onto your statement.

Thank you.  So many acronyms to know.  I leaned a little "s"  on here means sarcasm.  Then BK. Book mark.  lol  Like learning a new language.   888high58888

Online roamer_1

Bah. The guy's a player. He's playing this. He set up his phone to play it.

Cops are legit. It was a legit stop. It was a legit escalation.

He was non-compliant as hell. On purpose.

Online roamer_1

Again...the driver refused to comply with simple commands from the officer.  You would think a commissioned officer in the military...especially a lowly 2LT would understand complying with commands you're being given.

Had he simply done what the officer said the first time he asked...we wouldn't know who this weekend warrior was...nor would we care.

And it's really kinda sad to see people on here who consider themselves Conservative continue disparage the officers and the rule of law.  You're letting your own personal bad experience with law enforcement cloud your common sense and judgement.

Are there bad cops?  Of course...but it's not these two.  And given the ay police are under attack from every corner these days you can' blame them for being tense in this situation...especially given how the driver refused to stop and then refused to comply with the officers.  That right there ramps up the tension.

And IMHO you can't get mad at the cops for enforcing the laws passed by the city/county/state.  They merely enforce them.  Don't like the laws...vote people in that will change the laws...or get elected to a city council yourself and be the change.

That's right.

Online roamer_1

Slow-rolling the cops make em think you are hiding something. Typical druggie move. Then pull over and don't comply - suspicious as hell - you don't want them looking in your rig. Again, looks squirrely as hell to a cop. Of course they are going to escalate - That is EXACTLY the kind of weird crap that gets em killed.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Slow-rolling the cops make em think you are hiding something. Typical druggie move. Then pull over and don't comply - suspicious as hell - you don't want them looking in your rig. Again, looks squirrely as hell to a cop. Of course they are going to escalate - That is EXACTLY the kind of weird crap that gets em killed.

@roamer_1

ROFLMAO!

Hard to believe anybody is that clueless,but given that your dream seems to be to live in the 1800's,it shouldn't be a surprise.

What little knowledge you have on this issue was gained from watching "Cops" reruns on tv,wasn't it?

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

ROFLMAO!

Hard to believe anybody is that clueless,but given that your dream seems to be to live in the 1800's,it shouldn't be a surprise.

What little knowledge you have on this issue was gained from watching "Cops" reruns on tv,wasn't it?

@sneakypete
Naw Pete. My knowledge of the issue is by direct experience in my gloriously misspent yoot.

I have been where he was - but with a helluva lot more guns. And I complied my ass off.
I have also been warned for exactly the same thing - A temp sticker HAS TO BE VISIBLE. Since my recently purchased pickup had a dark tinted rear window, the sticker was not visible, and that is why he stopped me.

Turned out to be a simple matter. I had packing tape on board, and we bulsh*tted while I took the sticker out of the cab and taped it (covered in tape to preserve it) neatly on the outside of the rear window... And he was more than satisfied, shook my hand and I went on my way. No worries.

I done ALOT of business with the cops in my career, and for the most part there is a professionalism that is nearly always evident to someone who is a frequent flyer. So long as you know the game.

That's how I knew the Chauvin crap was BS... Because I have had a cop with his knee on my neck on more than one occasion.

Slow roll a cop for a mile and a half, and you WILL get taken out of your car and the car will get searched. They will figger out a reason to, and the best you can do is make em wait for a warrant. Which they also WILL do, because now they think you're hiding something.

Non-compliance ALWAYS leads to escalation. They will insist. And they can.

Offline MOD3

Please discuss the topic without going personal.

Offline LegalAmerican

@sneakypete
Naw Pete. My knowledge of the issue is by direct experience in my gloriously misspent yoot.

I have been where he was - but with a helluva lot more guns. And I complied my ass off.
I have also been warned for exactly the same thing - A temp sticker HAS TO BE VISIBLE. Since my recently purchased pickup had a dark tinted rear window, the sticker was not visible, and that is why he stopped me.

Turned out to be a simple matter. I had packing tape on board, and we bulsh*tted while I took the sticker out of the cab and taped it (covered in tape to preserve it) neatly on the outside of the rear window... And he was more than satisfied, shook my hand and I went on my way. No worries.

I done ALOT of business with the cops in my career, and for the most part there is a professionalism that is nearly always evident to someone who is a frequent flyer. So long as you know the game.

That's how I knew the Chauvin crap was BS... Because I have had a cop with his knee on my neck on more than one occasion.

Slow roll a cop for a mile and a half, and you WILL get taken out of your car and the car will get searched. They will figger out a reason to, and the best you can do is make em wait for a warrant. Which they also WILL do, because now they think you're hiding something.

:thumbsup:

Offline DB

@sneakypete

I will add that if you are really concerned about a safe place to pull over call 911 and tell them there's a cop behind you and that you are seeking a safer place to pull over along with providing them with your name. That would go a long way towards calming things down.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@sneakypete

@roamer_1

I have had the same thing happen when I was living in Denver. It may have been the ONLY time I had any dealings with the DPD that they didn't try to bust my balls.

I notice you didn't say anything about the cop coming up to the car and pointing a gun at your head.

In MY opinion,that is what made this a big deal,and what caused things to start going downhill.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I will add that if you are really concerned about a safe place to pull over call 911 and tell them there's a cop behind you and that you are seeking a safer place to pull over along with providing them with your name. That would go a long way towards calming things down.

@DB

EXCELLENT suggestion!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

The police departments do tend to try to recruit former combat arms soldiers to become law enforcement.  Surprisingly they don't (for the most part) like to recruit former Military Police to become a LEO. 

They do that because they know that most of your 11 Bravo's (Infantry) are familiar with a host of weapons...they are disciplined and are cool under pressure and fire.  Especially so since 9/11.

I tried getting on with the city PD as well as the county sheriff here in their Public Information Office's....but they are not hiring at this point.  I'd even be willing to haul my old ass through the police academy if it meant getting the job I wanted.

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

I have had the same thing happen when I was living in Denver. It may have been the ONLY time I had any dealings with the DPD that they didn't try to bust my balls.

I notice you didn't say anything about the cop coming up to the car and pointing a gun at your head.

In MY opinion,that is what made this a big deal,and what caused things to start going downhill.

@sneakypete

Yeah I did - up above that time, and a case of mistaken identity, though considering my jacket, I can see why the mistake was made. That was a full on bag and tag, with, I dunno, maybe ten or fifteen very pissed off cops. And all of em with guns drawn. No messing around, man...

I complied like crazy, and still got the business, big time... Maybe the worst I ever had with em other than the time I belted one of em that was trying to stop me from tearing down a bar. That was a different sort of thing, because my blood was up and the berserkergang was on me... Seeing red. Got the business big time that time too, but being on the jazz, I didn't feel it so much. But I got my ass kicked good and proper that time too - knee in the neck and the whole nine yards... and nearly a week in county just to see the judge.

Anyhoo, the time I was talking about, turns out there was a second-story guy that had a car a lot like mine, and he raped some gal. Well, I was pretty infamous at the time, and my car was on the wall at county and at city, so I see where they made the connection. But anyway, after they drug me through the knothole and back, I found out what they were so pissed about, and I had a bulletproof alibi,  as I had been at work, and swung by a buddy's place for a look in his beer fridge... And his uncle was one of the cops that was there. So it flat could not have been me. Once they figgered that much out, they picked me up and dusted me off, and got an off-duty EMT to come patch me up a bit.. and apologized... And I was alright with it once they told me why they went off like they did.

So yeah... Other than running from the two cops behind me (which was not unusual), sliding around a corner into a full fledged roadblock with all the guns pointed right at me... A HELLuva lot more than that other feller went through. I was happy I kept my mud.

I know y'all wore gypsy leather, and I know where you are coming from. But rednecks known for kicking up their heels get about the same treatment you did. But I also know how to de-escalate. I know that cop is worried about his ass, and getting home to mamma, so I do what I can to let him know I ain't gonna buck, and I ain't a threat.

A slow roll and non-compliance ain't that.

Online roamer_1

Probably true... But a slow roll for a mile and a half without so much as a waive out the window to let em know you seen em... That ain't how it's done. I think that feller was baiting em.